image.jpeg
parts.jpg
new_autoplunger.jpg
Tommy,.jpg
Tommy.jpg
IMAG0147.jpg
IMAG0211.jpg
DSC06698.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bill2626.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 13 years ago

Nice to hear you finally got your speakers installed gweempose! I particularly like the report on the hum. I haven't ordered mine yet, but will very soon.

Nice resolve on the auto launch problem, my Tommy of course does the same that yours did - that's a nice simple fix... Hopefully it will work on Tatmans GNR as well. Tatman I would check the online manuals for both machines and verify if the part number for the auto launch is the same, if so it would likely work. Here is a link with both manuals.

http://files.flipperspill.no/Support/Pinball/Pinball_Manuals.htm

#11 13 years ago

The interesting thing is that my JP doesn’t hum, the Tommy most definitely does. If those new speakers Gweempose installed helped even a little that’s a plus in my book.

I agree SealClubber an audiophile would likely know how to take this problem out… That is clearly not my expertise.

#21 13 years ago

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys! Although the hum in my Tommy isn't really that bad I will work with all of these ideas and see if I can reduce the hum as much as possible.

#23 13 years ago

Sure would like to see some pics of the led lights when you get a chance. I agree the plane needs a little help with lighting, it needs more light. I have been experimenting with adding more spots and lighting under the plane. The plastic at the very back of the machine over the plane needs lighting as well. I just haven't decided how I want to do it yet.
Ouch $650.00 for the blinders... Keep searching sooner or later you will come across them, good luck.

#31 13 years ago

Both of these machines look fantastic guys! I am going to light the props as you have here, it really looks great. I do like the color changing Led's in the back box rajung, the stock flasher bulbs are a little bright as gweempose mentioned.

Its interesting how the same machine can exhibit different problems that others don't seem to have such as the bounceout you mentioned, I have never experienced that on my Tommy. Thanks for the tip never the less.

Nice work guys your machines really great!!

#37 13 years ago

He offers those prop mods on e-bay as well, they are very cool, I will be ordering a set myself!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bill2626.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-upgrades?tu=bill2626 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.