(Topic ID: 18072)

Tommy The Who Question

By Skyemont

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EPSON002.JPG
    IMAG0046.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

This is to all that have a tommy. Or, u may know the answer. I love this site because u guys always help me out. Is the Super VUK Ass'y one entire piece? Part no. 500-5798-00.

#3 11 years ago

This is to all that have a tommy. Or, u may know the answer. I love this site because u guys always help me out. Is the Super VUK Ass'y one entire piece? Part no. 500-5798-00.

Well, you're in luck. Here's what I have in my manual. Looks like you can google individual pieces, or the whole assy.

Just so we're clear, this assembly is the one in the center of the pf, not along the left edge. That assy has a different number.

BTW if you locate a source for the bit they call the 'vertical kicker cap' please post back here. A spare could come in handy.

EPSON002.JPGEPSON002.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Yes fusion301. I think that is it. I only got the coil to realize it does not come off the kicker cap. So I can't replace the coil can I? Mt billishere I hope to be able to just replace the coil. Why would they list each part in the book separate if u can't replace just the coil?

#5 11 years ago

That's strange when you say you cannot just replace the coil. When I get home later tonightI will check mine out. I just do not understand why a common part, like a coil, would not be able to be swapped out?

#6 11 years ago

You have to twist the compression ring to expose the pins holding it all together. Remove the pins and you are good to go.

You probably need a "Vuk rebuild kit". I think Marco has them.

#7 11 years ago

Examiner, u r the winner. That is what I figured out. But, still an issue. When the pinball goes down in the hole even with a new coil, it will not fire! It does not recognize its even there. I checked the switch and it works fine. But I did notice that several switches are not working as well. I checked all fuses and they r good! Any thoughts?

1 month later
    #8 11 years ago

Skyemont,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Skyemont,
    Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

Good idea gweempose for checking. If he replies and it is still not resolved, I am thinking checking transistors next? If the switch test good...a new coil is in...still not firing...transistor(s) next right? I mean as long as there is positive voltage to the coil, then the only thing that could be missing is negative side which is the "Controlled" side of the circuit back at the PPB and CPU boards.

Let's see if it istill needs troubleshooting or not.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-the-who-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.