79 days ago

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4f427895ddacf0a45a60b4ad7707c9f3208bbc94 (resized).jpg
90856bed9c1f98d3d6591cb39708d80480590ceb.jpeg (resized).jpg
lib (resized).jpg
scratch02.jpg
ejection01 (resized).jpg
pb (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 78 days ago

Should Pinside demand that his wife divorces him for his actions?

Exactly the point, nobody here should get involved except for Erin, the authorities and Tommy

FFS, it’s nobody else’s business. She posted the details and that should be the end of it as far as we are concerned

Another pathetic social media roundup and shitshow

Let these people work it out themselves

#152 78 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The facts seem to be pretty well established now and not disputed by the perpetrator. The perpetrator's actions will be just as disgusting tomorrow whether or not a police report has been filled out. If you want to discuss what the proper community response to an incident of this kind is fair enough, but what do the police have to do with that?

If it is an assault, particularly sexual assault then it should be followed through appropriately, which includes the police and a report.

Generally how it works in the real world.

I work in a nursing facility, police are called all the time for altercations between residents and or staff no matter how minor.

Nothing unusable about that.

#153 78 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly the point, nobody here should get involved except for Erin, the authorities and Tommy
FFS, it’s nobody else’s business. She posted the details and that should be the end of it as far as we are concerned
Let these people work it out

Yeah, let's get back to talking about people sending shitty and threatening private messages.

#154 78 days ago

Lets just talk about how much of a badass Bowen is!
Heres my pinball heroes list
Steve Ritchie
Bowen
Jack Danger
Tim Sexton (so long as BK is the best code ever made)

#155 78 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Steve Ritchie
Bowen
Jack Danger

4f427895ddacf0a45a60b4ad7707c9f3208bbc94 (resized).jpg
#156 78 days ago

Wait... how do we know Tommy didnt just make a sympathy account acting like his wife? Op is using nitros email. He seems narcissistic enough to do such a thing.

#157 78 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Wait... how do we know Tommy didnt just make a sympathy account acting like his wife? Op is using nitros email. He seems narcissistic enough to do such a thing.

That would be desperate and pathetic. That's Suzanne in the photo. She is his wife and I'll assume 50/50 partners in the buissines so using a nitro account seems appropriate. The few times I've met her I liked her. Sad that her husband is dragging her thru this. I know if I did something like Tommy did, the doors would be locked and i'd be sleeping at a motel.

#158 78 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people take pinside so seriously? What would possess someone to send people messages like this? He's not the only one either.

Wait until pinsiders start *chan threads started about you and how "feminism is ruining pinball".

#159 78 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let these people work it out themselves

Nah. This is a pervasive issue within not just pinball but society at large. Predators like Tommy need to be taken to task, publicly. This kind of conduct needs to make abusers, and anyone who goes to bat for them, absolute pariahs. The reason this kind of behavior survives is because so many people are willing to let it slide in the name of decorum and keeping the peace. "He just wants to get on with his life after this unfortunate slip up (after decades of doing the same thing before finally getting called out)". Fuck that.

I'm tired of, every time it comes up, any given woman I know in the scene having a fresh story about them or one of their friends getting groped or harassed while playing in bars around town. I'm tired of my spouse not wanting to join me in my hobby because if the venue is crowded, or I step away to play a round at the wrong moment, some skeevy piece of shit will be there to grab her ass. And this is in Portland. I know it's even worse in other parts of the country, I'm reminded of that any time I visit the places I grew up (shout out to Alaska, sexual assault capital of the United States!).

#160 78 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Steve Ritchie
Bowen
Jack Danger

Please be sarcasm.

All credit goes to Erin and the other badasses who have had to live through experiences like hers and still want to have anything to do with this community.

#161 78 days ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Nah. This is a pervasive issue within not just pinball but society at large. Predators like Tommy need to be taken to task, publicly. This kind of conduct needs to make abusers, and anyone who goes to bat for them, absolute pariahs. The reason this kind of behavior survives is because so many people are willing to let it slide in the name of decorum and keeping the peace. "He just wants to get on with his life after this unfortunate slip up (after decades of doing the same thing before finally getting called out)". Fuck that.
I'm tired of, every time it comes up, any given woman I know in the scene having a fresh story about them or one of their friends getting groped or harassed while playing in bars around town. I'm tired of my spouse not wanting to join me in my hobby because if the venue is crowded, or I step away to play a round at the wrong moment, some skeevy piece of shit will be there to grab her ass. And this is in Portland. I know it's even worse in other parts of the country, I'm reminded of that any time I visit the places I grew up (shout out to Alaska, sexual assault capital of the United States!).

Very much in agreement with your statements.
This is not just between victim & assaulter and no one else needs to know.
I want to be aware of a company's wrongdoing (and the company president, no less) so I can make a more informed choice as to where I take my business.
Don't need the mushy details, but too many people have described Tommy's behavior as typical for a very long time and Erin made it public herself to hopefully prevent future occurrences.
There are other pinball businesses that don't exhibit immoral behavior and that would be my preference.

#162 78 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

the doors would be locked and i'd be sleeping at a motel.

Or sitting at a bar with Tommy and Mr. Handsy the Castrated Monkey from API, sharing a hi-ball and wondering were your private parts and careers had gone. My wife has made it perfectly clear over the years that behavior like this would place my genitals in jeopardy, and not in an Alex Trebek / Ken Jennings good kind of way either. But that should not be the only thing keeping men from being a jerk, predator, or feloneous asshole, of which alcohol only amplifies, it never silences.

#163 78 days ago
Quoted from stumptown:

The reason this kind of behavior survives is because so many people are willing to let it slide in the name of decorum and keeping the peace.

100% agree. Only a few want/like to rock the boat.
Nitro is at least western Canada's really only option to buy pins. I know at least 50 guys personally who have bought games from nitro. We get hosed up here in Canada with shipping from the States and I wonder how many will continue to buy a cdmd or board they need from nitro just to save $50? I know I won't.

#164 78 days ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Please be sarcasm.
All credit goes to Erin and the other badasses who have had to live through experiences like hers and still want to have anything to do with this community.

Spoken like a true hero. Well said sir.

#166 78 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

while most of you believe tommy cant win, he sure can 'wynn'.

#167 78 days ago

Time to lock the thread. A shame people feel the need to advocate using violence. Not on Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.95
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside