6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4f427895ddacf0a45a60b4ad7707c9f3208bbc94 (resized).jpg
90856bed9c1f98d3d6591cb39708d80480590ceb.jpeg (resized).jpg
lib (resized).jpg
scratch02.jpg
ejection01 (resized).jpg
pb (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do they have that nobody else has?

Homepin and Team Pinball. I know no one else selling those.

Spooky, x-pin and pinstadiums are not sold by P1 as far as I know. They also sometime have PDI at shows.

#102 6 months ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think it is VERY important here to please remember to judge ONLY the ACTIONS of a person and NOT the PERSON themselves.
THE ZODIAC KILLER made a few MISTAKES, but to judge him as a person is just plain wrong. Leave that up to HIMSELF.
Do not criticize the splinter in his eye when you have a log in your own. Unless of course you are perfect, which obviously you are not as you wouldn't post such things.
Maybe while THE ZODIAC KILLER is working on his own personal issues, you can take this time to work on your own.

So you have to be perfect to judge the ZODIAC KILLER, who shot people in cars and stabbed women in the back.

Learn something new every day!

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you have to be perfect to judge the ZODIAC KILLER, who shot people in cars and stabbed women in the back.
Learn something new every day!

No, but you need to be perfect to judge anyone that just made a bad choice. I don't know anyone that hasn't done some stupid shit at one time or another. Myself included.

#104 6 months ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Mr Bkerins,
I think it is VERY important here to please remember to judge ONLY the ACTIONS of a person and NOT the PERSON themselves.

My post was an accounting of Tommy's actions and a place where one could read more about the situation from the people who spoke about their experiences. So yes, I agree with you here.

The rest of your post should have been replaced with the words "stay in your lane". But I will check my eyes for logs anyway.

#105 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do they have that nobody else has?
If they are the only guys in Canada you may have a point.

Canadian Distribution is pretty dang limited in choices.

#106 6 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

No, but you need to be perfect to judge anyone that just made a bad choice. I don't know anyone that hasn't done some stupid shit at one time or another. Myself included.

Glad to know you aren't the judgemental type.

Didn't you once tell me all New Yorkers shit on the sidewalk?

#107 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Glad to know you aren't the judgemental type.
Didn't you once tell me all New Yorkers shit on the sidewalk?

Nope that was your buddy Pinbum.
Accusing people is one of the reasons you get the type of PM's that you do.

#108 6 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Nope that was your buddy Pinbum.
Accusing people is one of the reasons you get the type of PM's that you do.

LMAO

yeah, not too judgemental...

The reason I get "the type of PMs that I do" from people like you and Pinbum - adults with jobs and families and I'd assume respectable public personas - is because too many grown men cannot restrain themselves from acting like children when they disagree with someone online.

lib (resized).jpg

#109 6 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

My post was an accounting of Tommy's actions and a place where one could read more about the situation from the people who spoke about their experiences. So yes, I agree with you here.
The rest of your post should have been replaced with the words "stay in your lane". But I will check my eyes for logs anyway.

Thank you for your reply Bowen,

As you can see in the posts following mine, some of the people that admire you and follow you, do not agree with the statement about judging actions and not the person. Which is why I feel a man of your stature in this community should know your audience and the ramifications of your words before you step in and "inform" people.

It would be kind of you to explain this to your following as I don't think it is well understood.

Forgiveness heals my friend, please add some love.

#110 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
yeah, not too judgemental...[quoted image]

So where did I say what you accused me of?

#111 6 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

So where did I say what you accused me of?

You judged an entire city in that post.

Sorry if I was a little fuzzy on the details 3 years later.

#112 6 months ago

In b4 the lock

I think what there doing is good move for the company.

#113 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You judged an entire city in that post.
Sorry if I was a little fuzzy on the details 3 years later.

I voiced my opinion, we all are entitled to our opinion even those we don't agree with

#114 6 months ago

First off, my sympathies go out to both Erin and Suzanne, who I feel are both victims of Tommy’s actions. If Tommy was an employee of the Nitro company, and now is not, that would imply he was being paid a wage, and now, after stepping down, he will not be paid a wage. So it is not just “status quo” if he steps down and his wife steps up and into the role of running the company. This has not yet been verified to be the case, but a logical person can see, there are financial consequences for Tommy, and if transparency at Nitro helps retain customers, then they will let their potential and former customers know. People are always free to take their business elsewhere, but then the argument that there is no place “else” to take it makes the course of action they are taking the best for both customers and the other employees of Nitro, imo. Again, I hope everyone involved gets a resolution that limits the damage to the victims, the employees, and the customers. The reprocussions for Tommy will take a lot longer to work out than a couple of bad days on a Pinside thread, that is for certain.

#115 6 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I voiced my opinion, we all are entitled to our opinion even those we don't agree with

Great, I agree with you there.

#116 6 months ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

In b4 the lock

Like I said, monkey feces will fly.

#117 6 months ago

it is an outrage!

#118 6 months ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

In b4 the lock
I think what there doing is good move for the company.

It's their only move....the Nitro investors that is.

#119 6 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Curious to see what the real fallout will be from this for Tommy and Nitro. I mean aside from Tommy not attending shows for a while and ordering new business cards without the word 'president' beside his name.

A woman was physically assaulted and there were witnesses? The alleged attacker has money and owns a business? I'd be shocked if she hasn't spoken with the cops and an attorney. Though if she is still posting pics, she probably hasn't lawyered up yet.

#120 6 months ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

judge ONLY the ACTIONS of a person and NOT the PERSON

WTF ones actions are what a person is judged on so Tom should be judged harshly

#121 6 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

WTF ones actions are what a person is judged on so Tom should be judged harshly

Ted Bundy had nice hair, some charm, and really good taste in clothes. Yeah, he made some mistakes, but judge his ACTIONS not the PERSON.

For some reason.

#122 6 months ago

Judge people by INACTIONS, I guess ! (whoo boy)

#123 6 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

A woman was physically assaulted and there were witnesses? The alleged attacker has money and owns a business? I'd be shocked if she hasn't spoken with the cops and an attorney. Though if she is still posting pics, she probably hasn't lawyered up yet.

Have the police been notified of this assault and is there an investigation in progress?

If she was assaulted, surely the police were notified no?

#124 6 months ago

I’m curious as to what the judge’s and juries here think the punishment should be?

Execution? Banned from anything Pinball related for life?

Seems like they took immediate action to remove Tommy from Nitro. What else?

Maybe the young lady should file an assault report and let the police handle it? You don’t need a lawyer for that.

I would think that might be proper recourse and criminal charges and a record might act as a future deterrent for that type of behavior.

If he’s that much much of a danger to society then it should be documented by the police. No?

Or maybe he needs a lengthy time off to get his shit together, apologize and make amends big time?

Don’t know the guy. Everybody seems to drop him into the POS category. Based on this action he qualifies

#125 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

#126 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Have the police been notified of this assault and is there an investigation in progress? If she was assaulted, surely the police were notified no?

"Surely the police were notified"? Your naivete about reporting rates on assaults (sexual and otherwise) is a little surprising.

#127 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

"Surely the police were notified"? Your naivete about reporting rates on assaults (sexual and otherwise) is a little surprising.

I'll point out the victim is splattering pictures on Facebook, not being shy about it.

So before burning a man and his family at the stake which some of you are proposing perhaps the police should investigate yes?

This would strike me as the civilized thing to do.

#128 6 months ago

Noticed quite a few comments about Trudeau. He’s not doing so hot, as he was in my gallery at work. It’s an interesting thing seeing someone who use to build pinballs now trying to assimilate with other inmates and whatnot. I hope Tommy gets the help he needs so he doesn’t end up somewhere far worse.

#129 6 months ago

Im sorry this happened to Erin. Hopefully she can feel safe at future events.

#130 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Have the police been notified of this assault and is there an investigation in progress?

I have no idea and none of my business, but missing a few shows and needing new business cards is the least of their worries if the allegations are true. Nitro should get a lawyer too. I bet they would have advised not to post anything on Pinside, especially acknowledgment of bad behavior on the part of their owner/representative.

#131 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'll point out the victim is splattering pictures on Facebook, not being shy about it.
So before burning a man and his family at the stake which some of you are proposing perhaps the police should investigate yes?
This would strike me as the civilized thing to do.

And the perpetrator has splattered Facebook with admissions of his own guilt. Should we disbelieve him as well because he has yet to report himself to the police?

#132 6 months ago

Ok. So far we have the Zodiac killer, Ted Bundy, & Tommy from Nitro.
I see you & raise a Hitler.

#133 6 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

That is not all that happened. I encourage you to read Erin's thread, which includes the statements that she and a friend were propositioned for sex and that she was physically injured. There were multiplie witnesses to the entire incident (at Triple Knock in Tacoma, WA).
https://www.facebook.com/erin.shadensack/posts/10216735349889096

Its literally what the original FB post says, the assault was the ass and wrist grab- not the words. I can and did read it.

#134 6 months ago

Not speaking for Erin in any way, but according to her FB comments, she is still thinking about filing charges.
She is apparently unsure due to the raft of exposure that may result and also the other side of the coin, that the police do nothing if reported.

#135 6 months ago
Quoted from Humph:

Not speaking for Erin in any way, but according to her FB comments, she is still thinking about filing charges.
She is apparently unsure due to the raft of exposure that may result and also the other side of the coin, that the police do nothing if reported.

Theres really no point now because his wife knows. Hes doomed.

#136 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And the perpetrator has splattered Facebook with admissions of his own guilt. Should we disbelieve him as well because he has yet to report himself to the police?

I'm simply pointing out that there is people here calling for the destruction of the mans business regardless of whom it impacts.

Is the punishment being proposed on the same level as the crime without so much as a police report being filed?

#137 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm simply pointing out that there is people here calling for the destruction of the mans business regardless of whom it impacts.
Is the punishment being proposed on the same level as the crime without so much as a police report being filed?

Apparently some people have played a lot of judge dredd and have adopted the theme to their personal belief of justice.

#138 6 months ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

How about a gofundme for the show? They are the ones that stepped up and are now out the cost of a NIB.

A lot of people have wanted to donate to the show and help us out, including some very generous offers from individuals and pinball companies, but at this time we are handling paying for the women's tournament grand prize ourselves. It was a tough situation to be put in right as our show started. Tommy created quite a lot of extra stress, drama and work for our entire staff, especially me, and it felt like this incident tainted our entire show this year. We've worked so hard to build an inclusive pinball community and really grow women's participation in it, this was directly against everything we've been trying to do.

Thankfully our local community and the greater pinball community like you folks here on Pinside supported our response in a big way and I'm pretty sure the women's tournament ended up being the biggest women's tournament ever held. I talked with Erin and she appreciated how the community and show dealt with it and didn't let this incident get swept under the rug. Props to all of you for not blaming the show or the victim.

I personally think Suzanne is taking the only step she can to save the company, I commend her for taking these steps for her clients and for her own future. But there is a lot of broken trust that has to be rebuilt and I don't think anyone is going to want to see Tommy at a pinball show for years to come.

#139 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm simply pointing out that there is people here calling for the destruction of the mans business regardless of whom it impacts. Is the punishment being proposed on the same level as the crime without so much as a police report being filed?

The facts seem to be pretty well established now and not disputed by the perpetrator. The perpetrator's actions will be just as disgusting tomorrow whether or not a police report has been filled out. If you want to discuss what the proper community response to an incident of this kind is, fair enough, but what do the police have to do with that?

#140 6 months ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Ok. So far we have the Zodiac killer, Ted Bundy, & Tommy from Nitro.
I see you & raise a Hitler.

Please do NOT judge Hitler, who is blameless, but INSTEAD judge his ACTIONS.

#141 6 months ago

For those calling for the removal of the principal stakeholders in the company, you need to keep in mind to de-stabilize a company has the potential to affect a lot of innocent folks such as employees and suppliers, etc. I have never met Tommy, and I have never done business with his company, but people are losing sight of the true issue. This is NOT about money, and it should NOT be about money. No "donation" is going to make Erin get over what happened to her, and no lost sale is going to get Tommy the help he needs. Removing him as president was less about him and more about saving the company and the innocent folks they support. Yes, it is costing Tommy some money, but again, that is what everyone concentrates on, and there is the mentality if we hit someone in the wallet, that just fixes an issue and makes it go away. I am sure he would be happy if his salary was all this is going to cost him. This issue is really about a person and how they act and a lack of respect for a fellow human being. Not only a lack of respect for Erin, but also a lack of respect for his wife and family, and for himself and those around him. We need to be less concerned about where he works, and more concerned if he is getting help and making amends. The physical altercation is criminal behavior at minimum, and it should be reported as such. We can then leave the true judgment to the court, and they can force him to get the help. But with that said, I also understand Erin wanting to put this behind her and if she chooses not to go that road, I completely understand. This is not an easy topic by any stretch, and although I have investigated hundreds of assaults, I always came up a little short trying to place myself in the victim's spot, no matter how hard I tried, since I was never the victim. Kudos for Erin at least exposing this behavior which I suspect is probably a lot more prevalent in a male dominated industry than most of us would like to admit.

#142 6 months ago

While it's unfortunate that Tommy's family and employees would suffer from his actions I feel that it is nearly inevitable when a breadwinner commits a crime. Him stepping down and seeking some form of unspecified treatment is a good start, but I would never consider buying a machine from that company ever again. Tommy will still benefit financially from any Nitro purchase and other than him laying low for a while and changing his letterhead, I doubt the move is going to affect him much at all. While I feel Suzanne is being sincere, if a professional PR person were to craft a corporate response to this situation, it would undoubtedly be similar to Nitro's. We see something similar in the press every time a politician or celebrity screws up. Apology. Stepping down. Promises of rehab. And often as not it happens again, with the same person, under similar circumstances.

#143 6 months ago

Am I the only one who thinks, yes, this dude Tommy is an asshole for doing/saying what he did, but he’s flat out apologized profusely for it and maybe we should call off the attack already?

His name is now ruined. He’s taken quite a hit.

But to now get the police involved? I don’t know. The guy was drinking and made an ass of himself. He’s admitted what he did.

Maybe it should end there? How many of us have done something very dumb and regretted it? I’m in no way making light of what happened.

Maybe I’m in the minority on this. I don’t know.

#144 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Am I the only one who thinks, yes, this dude Tommy is an asshole for doing/saying what he did, but he’s flat out apologized profusely for it and maybe we should call off the attack already?
His name is now ruined. He’s taken quite a hit.
But to now get the police involved? I don’t know. The guy was drinking and made an ass of himself. He’s admitted what he did.
Maybe it should end there? How many of us have done something very dumb and regretted it? I’m in no way making light of what happened.
Maybe I’m in the minority on this. I don’t know.

No! We need to see who can be the most offended!!!!

#145 6 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

No! We need to see who can be the most offended!!!!

Lmao

Yeah this is the same thing as someone saying something slightly PC

What’s wrong with you?

If you were at a bar, and someone you didn’t know repeatedly offered you money for sex despite your protests, and then pinched your ass, and then clawed at your wrists and drew blood while you tried to throw him out, would you be “offended?”

Or would it be somewhat beyond that for you personally?

How about if it were your daughter or mother? Would you laugh it off and tell her not to be such a snowflake, and apologize to the offender for your family being so “PC,” and buy the guy a drink?

Tell us.

#146 6 months ago

-removed-

#147 6 months ago
90856bed9c1f98d3d6591cb39708d80480590ceb.jpeg (resized).jpg
#148 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

And I would say she's being brave about it.
- potato-potahto I guess.

#149 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:[quoted image]

What is a sponsor?

A sponsor is typically an gentleman (though not always the case) who trades money or gifts for the ongoing company of a woman / girl. Usually the company entitles sex but doesn't have to be. The sponsor of a woman is typically a male who has the means to keep the company of the women.

Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

#150 6 months ago

Not only do I feel sorry for Erin, but I really feel sorry for his wife. She has to live with this dude. If his behavior in public is like this, how is it behind closed doors or with employees?

I hope he can take a step back from Pinball/business and get some help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside