13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Hi all
    Now that I got my tommy all the way I want it I decided to play my Willaims BK2000 for the first tome in a month and compare the differences in play feel.
    Is it just me or are the williams games much more stronger as far as ball movement?
    The reason is the pop bumpers on the tommy arent as sensitive as the BK.I can take and move the bottom ring a little and they will fire but during game play if the ball doesnt stike them very hard and just sort of rolls over the lower ring the ball will just roll away unlike the other machine that will always fire the ball.
    The coils look good and clean and are the black beast brand.Just wondering if its a data east common thing or if I need new coils or an adjustment if that is even possible.Thanks

#2 13 years ago

rajung, if I understand you correctly the problem is not the coil but yet the position/distance of the switch and tip of the PB skirt. I would try to adjust the switch so it takes less movement of the skirt to activiate the PB coil, but not too close or else the coil will fire when other things on the playfield "activate" sending a vibration through the playfield. Did you work on the PB and if so you did put the right springs back between the skirt and body right? Just some food for thought, good luck.

#3 13 years ago

You need to adjust the switches and check the spoons for wear and cleanliness. Also check the skirts and the finger that goes down and fits into the spoon. DE pops will trigger just as easily as any other manufacturer if they are adjusted correctly.

#4 13 years ago

I bought wms spoons and changed the de ones out.
    Helped alot...they seem to pop more often..they are not as stiff as the de ones.

#5 13 years ago

Rajung I noticed my Tommy does the very same thing. I have only had the machine for 6 weeks or so now and haven’t checked the adjustments on the pop bumpers yet. I will say for sure they are not sensitive enough and like all pop bumpers they can be tuned and adjusted as mentioned above!

#6 13 years ago

My pops are the same. They are not nearly as lively as any of my B/W games. The layout certainly doesn't help. If anything, this is the most glaring design flaw in the game. Often, the ball will just dribble right through the pops without even touching any of them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-pop-bumper-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.