• Latest reply 2 years ago by Gimiray
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210610_162215 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Recent Tommy owner and really enjoying the game. The kick-out hole under the left ramp at the left top of the playfield does not always recognize that there is a ball sitting on the switch. 70% of the time its fine but then a ball will be sitting on the hole and nothing happens until the machine starts looking for a "missing ball" and it is kicked out as the coils go thru their sequence. I don't see a part number or assembly number in the manual.

2nd item- I have it set to attract music but the music does not play in attract mode. The music plays fine during a game.

3rd item. I love playing the Tommy scoring with blinders. Are there any tips to allow Tommy scoring to occur more often?

Thanks, in advance, for your answers.

20210610_162215 (resized).jpg20210610_162215 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Gimiray:

2nd item- I have it set to attract music but the music does not play in attract mode. The music plays fine during a game.

Might not be any, or play a lot. Some games do it occasionally and some do it once every hour or so.

Quoted from Gimiray:

3rd item. I love playing the Tommy scoring with blinders. Are there any tips to allow Tommy scoring to occur more often?

Check the manual for easier settings.

Quoted from Gimiray:

I don't see a part number or assembly number in the manual.

Just a switch. Clean it if it needs it. Adjust it if it needs it. Check in switch test.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just a switch. Clean it if it needs it. Adjust it if it needs it. Check in switch test.
LTG : )

The later DE pins dont tend to play attract music once past the initial power up.

Cherry micro switch on DE, if fussy try a new diode or check diode connection or just replace. I get mine from thepinballwizard.net

Gary

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Gimiray:

love playing the Tommy scoring with blinders. Are there any tips to allow Tommy scoring to occur more often?

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#2579
“ Tommy mode: Hold the Buy-In button when starting a game to play an entire game with the blinders on.”

There is an unofficial ROM v5.00 that utilizes the blinders more often. https://www.pinballcode.com/tommy5

#5 2 years ago

Thanks to all. I did order new switches form The Pinball Wizard. I don't know enough about the 5.0 ROM to trust myself doing that yet. I appreciate the comments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-owners-looking-for-help-or-part-number-3-items and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.