(Topic ID: 244177)

Tommy from Nitro assaults female at bar?

By Whysnow

52 days ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 8.19.49 AM (resized).png
    drinkthrower01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-082044_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-082020_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-071850_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    76FE13D0-80AF-4E94-B229-9FF8044ADC9E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190531-210840_Facebook (resized).jpg
    67FE7AD7-E420-489A-85EC-C81A29E6C105 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190531-210840_Facebook (resized).jpg
    k1rhTTx.gif
    55EAA18C-C3B7-4338-8AEF-C57D8241EB0D (resized).jpeg
    A17DD6A1-A73B-4C09-976E-649611466DD8 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 50 days ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

He made a mistake and apologized. Let it be. Everyone has done something they regrett on life.

Yeah for sure. This has gone way too far. I read the entire Facebook post and all of this I think this “victim” is completely violating all the women who have really been sexually assaulted. She says she’s trying to save everyone from this “sexual predator” Seriously - he said some rude jokes and pinched her bum. Obviously she didn’t laugh but truly had the last laugh by calling him out on social media. Well done. I’m sure this establishment and it’s employees are happy to feed people drink after drink to excess. And then when the person is way drunk and beyond making informed decisions point the finger at them and say “how dare you”?

True hypocrisy.

Yes I know rude comments and bum pinching are not proper behaviour but let’s keep some perspective here. Didn’t this guy admit on video to doing much worse and what ever happened to him? He wasn’t even drunk!!

-video removed, no politics please-

#252 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah for sure. This has gone way too far

Are you fucking serious right now?

#253 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Didn’t this guy admit on video to doing much worse and what ever happened to him? He wasn’t even drunk!!

Politics aren't allowed on here, even if the POTUS sexually assaulted a bunch of people. As a pinball community we must not stoop to those coarse and lewd levels.

#255 50 days ago

I appreciate the mods being proactive here.

#256 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah for sure. This has gone way too far. I read the entire Facebook post and all of this I think this “victim” is completely violating all the women who have really been sexually assaulted. She says she’s trying to save everyone from this “sexual predator” Seriously - he said some rude jokes and pinched her bum. Obviously she didn’t laugh but truly had the last laugh by calling him out on social media. Well done. I’m sure this establishment and it’s employees are happy to feed people drink after drink to excess. And then when the person is way drunk and beyond making informed decisions point the finger at them and say “how dare you”?
    True hypocrisy.
    Yes I know rude comments and bum pinching are not proper behaviour but let’s keep some perspective here. Didn’t this guy admit on video to doing much worse and what ever happened to him? He wasn’t even drunk!!

WTF!! @robin

#257 50 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I appreciate the mods being proactive here.

Meanwhile, Tommy is still advertizing his business on this site.

#258 50 days ago

So many Snowflakes here. Summer is coming. THAW.

#259 50 days ago

I’m sure the mods have been all over this event for the last couple hours.

#260 50 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Tommy From Nitro Assaults Female at NWPAS?

Very sorry to hear.

#261 50 days ago

hands down the saddest part of all of this is all the men defending sexual assault. people who think you can just apologize and its fine are condoning sexual assault. WAKE THE FUCK UP

#262 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinzone:

Snowflakes? Are you serious? Do you have kids? I imagine this guy saying/doing these things to my daughter.

#263 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinzone:

more like a bunch of old men are in for a rude awaking. this hobby needs more women and less crusty old men. so fucking make room and leave

#264 50 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Snowflakes? Are you serious? Do you have kids? I imagine this guy saying/doing these things to my daughter.

This is the paradigm we are in and it is awful.

#265 50 days ago

Nope , Jon Snow .. I am not going anywhere. I am here. You on the otherhand have been banshed to the Northern Wall.At least the Wildling's are more civil now since the kingdoms are renuited. PEACE

#266 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinzone:

"Summer is coming???? Thaw????" what in the hell does this mean? people who don't condone sexual assault beware?

#267 50 days ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

"Summer is coming???? Thaw????" what in the hell does this mean? people who don't condone sexual assault beware?

Take a chill pill and relax. I do not condone sexual assault.By the way,, I do have daughters. They would not find themselves in this situation, but if they ever did, they know darn well to call the police immediately , while on premises and not take to Facebook whining later. I do feel sorry for what she has been subjected to. I will let you have the last word Mr. Snow. I will not comment any further. Good day.

#268 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinzone:

Take a chill pill and relax. I do not condone sexual assault.By the way,, I do have daughters. They would not find themselves in this situation, but if they ever did, they know darn well to call the police immediately , while on premises and not take to Facebook whining later. I do feel sorry for what she has been subjected to. I will let you have the last word Mr. Snow. I will not comment any further. Good day.

Yeah cool. But who are the snowflakes?

#269 50 days ago
    Quoted from pinzone:

So your daughters have a magical anti-sexual assault bubble around them that prevents someone from grabbing their ass while they play pinball? That's pretty cool.

#270 50 days ago

Ask your dad.

#271 50 days ago
    Quoted from newtoit:

Bowen is the man, calling this guy out. Hes my 2nd favorite pinball superhero behind Steve Ritchie.
    On the other hand this Nitro Pinball pervert deserves to be villified. What kind of egotistical douchebag goes to every mention ofit on fb and forums and tries to garner sympathy blaming alcohol for exposing his perversions.

I'd rather all that credit goes to Erin, the victim of harassment and assault, who actually called out the behavior. I failed to call out less severe behavior when I had a chance to.

#272 50 days ago

I'm just reading through this thread while also battling a tenacious spammer issue. Time for a lock, I think. At least for now, so everyone can take a breath. I'm drowning in reports about this thread. Disagree? PM me.

Edit/Addendum:

I was away all Sunday, but here are just a few more thoughts on this.

What Tommy did is inexcusable. Not at a pinball show, nor anywhere else. Pinside does not condone this kind of behavior AT ALL!

Over the past few years, I have tried hard to let Pinside be more inclusive of the many women in the hobby. I have two daughters (aged 3 and 6) and a wife who also enjoy playing pinball and I'm definitely hoping to take the kids to a pinball show once they're old enough. The thought that something like this could happen to them is pretty unbearable and downright creepy.

I think we can all agree that this stuff is not okay. And that alcohol is no excuse.

That said, the community has thoroughly expressed their anger and outrage about this. But now the thread has devolved into something I don't want Pinside to be. I mean, bringing stuff to the publics attention is good and also very brave of the person doing so. Showing your support is great too. But forming an online lynch mob is not cool and not something I enjoy seeing. I want to ask people to keep a level head here. Of course I can understand people being angry. But at this point, I feel things must be worked out privately with the people involved. And possibly with the proper authorities involved. As such, I think this thread should remain locked.

This whole situation is terrible. No winners. I hope this will eventually turn out to be the last time something like this ever happened in pinball. I wish Erin strength and all the best dealing with this. I don't have FaceBook, and not sure if she's on Pinside but I think it's really brave of her standing up to this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 29.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside