(Topic ID: 244177)

Tommy from Nitro assaults female at bar?

By Whysnow

46 days ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 8.19.49 AM (resized).png
    drinkthrower01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-082044_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-082020_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-071850_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    76FE13D0-80AF-4E94-B229-9FF8044ADC9E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190531-210840_Facebook (resized).jpg
    67FE7AD7-E420-489A-85EC-C81A29E6C105 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190531-210840_Facebook (resized).jpg
    k1rhTTx.gif
    55EAA18C-C3B7-4338-8AEF-C57D8241EB0D (resized).jpeg
    A17DD6A1-A73B-4C09-976E-649611466DD8 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 46 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Why single out Stern though?
    Looks like he's also a distributor for JJP, Spooky, American, and others.

good call. Would love to see them all stand up and remove his ability to sell their games and represent their companies.

Quoted from hank527:

What's the best course of action?

Honestly. Assault charges filed against the guy and the ramifications that come. As others have said, the woman will live with this for the rest of their lives and he should also.

He obviously feels no remorse based on his responses and he needs some serious help. I dont see that coming of his own accord.

#102 46 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Why single out Stern though?
    Looks like he's also a distributor for JJP, Spooky, American, and others.

Yeah, this is not the time to single out a manufacturer to advance an agenda. This guy represents a variety of companies, not just Stern. Focus should be on his behavior at this time, and not on what if’s.

#103 46 days ago

Hopefully AP left the Nitro booth after these events happened. What a gross way to behave.

#104 46 days ago

I'd be surprised if NWPAS didn't kick him out entirely. There probably is no Nitro booth. OTOH if AP and others are using the space to showcase their work just kicking the perp out of the show might be the best way to proceed. Perp should still donate the machine or cash equivalent and forego all publicity.

#105 46 days ago

Actually, I am wrong. We should not focus on this guy. Instead, We should focus on the young lady who was the victim of this. Wherever she is, I hope she is ok, and knows that she is not alone and that we do not condone this behavior. Sending positivity her way.

#106 46 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Actually, I am wrong. We should not focus on this guy. Instead, We should focus on the young lady who was the victim of this. Wherever she is, I hope she is ok, and knows that she is not alone and that we do not condone this behavior. Sending positivity her way.

I agree but also worth note that a big part of that support is seeing others step up to ensure the perp in outed and prevented from doing this again to other victims.

#107 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

frankly the biggest in CAN by the sounds of it.

I believe that Player One is still the biggest Stern distributor in Canada. They have all the contracts to supply and run the major movie chain arcades. Player One from the people I know has a larger customer base in Ontario. Nitro has a large presence in Western Canada and is certainly much more visible in term of advertising and sponsorship.

#108 46 days ago

Im suprised none of you loosers at the show who saw this punched him square in the jaw. Or grabbed him by the throat. What happened to chivalry? Be a man next time and defend the lady.

#109 46 days ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Im suprised none of you loosers at the show who saw this punched him square in the jaw. Or grabbed him by the throat. What happened to chivalry? Be a man next time and defend the lady.

Cool story, bro. I think it’s “losers”

#110 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

He obviously feels no remorse based on his responses and he needs some serious help. I dont see that coming of his own accord.

still interpreting others statements and guessing as to their mindsets? do you qualify as someone with genuine insight into tommys thinking? and on top of that, to reach factual conclusions based on your own biased guesswork? did you report tommys posts as trolling since you disagree with him as well? i see nothing has changed.

#111 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

if there is an issue with title then pls LMK.

Accuracy matters whysnow . There was no assault at NWPAS.

#112 46 days ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

What happened to chivalry? Be a man next time and defend the lady.

then again, she could have simply gone Kaneda on him. it would have provided an opportunity to revisit the heretofore serious crime of throwing drinks in peoples faces.
    drinkthrower01 (resized).jpg

#113 46 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cool story, bro. I think it’s “losers”

You da man

#114 46 days ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

The sponsorship comment was meant as a joke! Albeit a bad one. I’m extremely sorry for my behaviour.

All your excuses do not help you just shut up and hope for the best

#115 46 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Agreed, that should be changed. I doubt the show want's this shit tied to them anymore than it already is.

#116 46 days ago

I dont know this guy or anything about this event, but anyone who gets so shitfaced in public that they are grabbing womens asses and offering favors in return for sex, and then claim they remember none of it has a serious alcohol problem and should get some help.

#117 46 days ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I dont know this guy or anything about this event, but anyone who gets so shitfaced in public that they are grabbing womens asses and offering favors in return for sex, and then claim they remember none of it has a serious alcohol problem and should get some help.

Unless the allegations are false, I don’t know obviously, but a guy at my work was accused of sexual harassment and they went back and looked at video footage to see it did not occur and the lady lied. Sexual allegations are not something to joke about. If he did it oh well he’s toast.

#118 46 days ago

No Post required.

#119 46 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Give me a better title then. One which more accurately reflects what happened and puts the actions in context that the guy was specifically soliciting sex for sponsorship at the womens event for NWPAS and as a vendor.

While this did not happen specifically at the show (as in physically in the building), it did happen "at" the show (as in pinheads are gathering because of the show and this is a main vendor for the show).

If anything we all see how amazing the show has been in stepping up to take a stance on this. Very impressive what they have done.

It still stands that this activity happened "at" the show. The title gets exposure on Tommy's actions and that is the important part here.

#120 46 days ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Unless the allegations are false, I don’t know obviously, but a guy at my work was accused of sexual harassment and they went back and looked at video footage to see it did not occur and the lady lied. Sexual allegations are not something to joke about. If he did it oh well he’s toast.

he ADMITTED to it already! Take 2 min to actually even skim the thread before posting.

Stop with this BS!

#121 46 days ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

He seemed to not remember any of it, until he wasn't getting away with that as an excuse. Somehow he now clearly remembers his motivations for what he did and said, although still will not own those actions. To be clear, I am not disagreeing with you, just confused about his flip flopping.

#122 46 days ago
    Quoted from Mistermoberg:

OK - I just found the Facebook thread. I’m literally speechless.

Can anyone provide the facebook link? I can't find it.

#123 46 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I beg of you...think before you post in this one. Please. For the love of god.

100% accurate.

I read this thread and have my thoughts on the matter, of course. But, I'll simply say I hope the woman is doing OK mentally and physically after her assault. That's all that matters right now, not the pinball related fall-out for Tommy, which will come in due time.

#124 46 days ago

Maybe it's a formal assault charge against his ass, there are multiple witnesses and I am pretty sure the venue has cameras. Tommy's own admission here on FB and this forum would likely make it a pretty easy case to effectively prosecute.

#125 46 days ago

Here you go https://www.facebook.com/erin.shadensack/posts/10216735349889096

Quoted from indypinhead:Can anyone provide the facebook link? I can't find it.

#126 46 days ago

Who made whysnow in charge of this?

#127 46 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

himself

#128 46 days ago

can someone post the pic of Erin’s arm? I have the details of story but still missing this strange piece.

#129 46 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nobody. I just started the thread since nobody else had.

This is important to bring to light. Pinball is a small world and if you think this should be brushed aside, then tough.

#130 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This is important to bring to light. Pinball is a small world and if you think this should be brushed aside, then tough.

Where did I say it should be brushed aside?
    Or anything even remotely like that?

#131 46 days ago

There is no need for this speculation. This happened. There are multiple live witnesses and an admission by the perpetrator.

#132 46 days ago

Any deals at nitro pinball since sales will now slump?

#133 46 days ago

Any deals at nitro pinball since sales will now slump?

I see Nitro Pinball getting black balled very shortly.
    -Mike

#134 46 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Yes it’s not going to be good for business. But he will have to get rid of his inventory regardless.

#135 46 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

can someone post the pic of Erin’s arm? I have the details of story but still missing this strange piece.

Why does this matter? Will the degree of bruising (or whatever you're expecting to see) change your opinion of how wrong the behaviour was?

I understand the desire for details, but it's part of the reason that speaking up is so hard for a lot of women. Because their story is dissected and challenged and debated by people who have no business to be doing so.

As a victim of sexual assault myself, in my experience the aftermath - dealing with the police, going to court, having your social circle choose sides (because some people think that you're making too big of a deal out of it and ruining your "friend's" life) - was more traumatic than the assault itself.

Maybe we can focus on how this type of behaviour won't be tolerated in the community instead.

#136 46 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Yea, they are done (Tommy anyway)....thank you Erin for coming forward. There is no place in the pinball community for this kind of bullshit. Erin posted a pic of her arm being scratched....looks like assault to me.

#137 46 days ago

Yes it’s not going to be good for business. But he will have to get rid of his inventory regardless.

Ffs, hope you can capitalize on Erin's ordeal to get a 100.00 off a pin

#138 46 days ago
    Quoted from Kryptonite:

Why does this matter? Will the degree of bruising (or whatever you're expecting to see) change your opinion of how wrong the behaviour was?
    I understand the desire for details, but it's part of the reason that speaking up is so hard for a lot of women. Because their story is dissected and challenged and debated by people who have no business to be doing so.
    As a victim of sexual assault myself, in my experience the aftermath - dealing with the police, going to court, having your social circle choose sides (because some people think that you're making too big of a deal out of it and ruining your "friend's" life) - was more traumatic than the assault itself.
    Maybe we can focus on how this type of behaviour won't be tolerated in the community instead.

100%

This WILL NOT be tolerated!

Quick question, how would a sexual assault charge impact the ability of someone to cross the US border? Anyone know?

#139 46 days ago

Unfortunately, this is no surprise.

There are many deviants in this hobby.

#140 46 days ago
    Quoted from TheTenderTilt:

As someone who had to validate that i was a an actual girl/person on pinside today, I’m glad to see that atleast people on here are joining together. Idk personally the legitimacy of his actions but actions like this are just not acceptible.

It wasn't so much that you were a girl. You had to prove you weren't a known troll with a new account

#141 46 days ago
    Quoted from Kryptonite:

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 8.19.49 AM (resized).png
    #142 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We need to remove this from the pinball community.

It’s a part of humanity, unfortunately. This shouldn’t reflect on the community, rather, it should be a reflection of an individuals actions. People suck. All you can do is continue to out people who do shit like this, LEGITIMATELY. He half heartedly apologized for his actions which is an absolute admission of guilt.

Glad this was founded as being accurate. And God help the man who touches my wife, or my kids in any inappropriate way. You may not live to regret it...just sayin’. My friends all know to have bail ready.

-moderated-

#143 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

100%
    This WILL NOT be tolerated!
    Quick question, how would a sexual assault charge impact the ability of someone to cross the US border? Anyone know?

You can easily Google this and get an answer. As you continue to dig at this, do you ever consider yourself a shit stirrer?
    I'm trying to figure out if you're sincere or bored.
    -Mike

#144 46 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You can easily Google this and get an answer. As you continue to dig at this, do you ever consider yourself a shit stirrer?
    -Mike

+1

#145 46 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

sincere. Thought someone may know (esp those that interact with the border; as I do not).

#146 46 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

They should but I have a feeling with them being our main distributor up here in Canada people will keep their mouths shut and continue to buy from them to save a few bucks and get warranty support. I'm not in a position to buy nib but I'd definitely be finding somewhere else to buy a game from.

What about the expo that he runs in September in Vancouver? Wonder if it will be canceled? Are guys going to blindly ignore this just to play some games? I sure hope plane tickets and hotel rooms have been canceled. I also wonder if Yegpin will still use them as the main sponsor? I sure hope not.

#147 46 days ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Unfortunately, this is no surprise.
    There are many deviants in this hobby.

No more or less than any other normal hobby. There’s just a lot more deviants in the world that they’re everywhere.

Sorry that this happened to you Erin but glad you came forward.

#148 46 days ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

They should but I have a feeling with them being our main distributor up here in Canada people will keep their mouths shut and continue to buy from them to save a few bucks and get warranty support. I'm not in a position to buy nib but I'd definitely be finding somewhere else to buy a game from.
    What about the expo that he runs in September in Vancouver? Wonder if it will be canceled? Are guys going to blindly ignore this just to play some games? I sure hope plane tickets and hotel rooms have been canceled. I also wonder if Yegpin will still use them as the main sponsor? I sure hope not.

Sadly, I'd guess most will just ignore it and keep buying.

#149 46 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The guy never said anything about brushing it aside. You really should edit that out - jerky thing to do.

#150 46 days ago

Man, pinball is our escape from all the shit going on in the world. So sad. Embarrassing to this hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 214.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 249.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 279.95
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside