Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bakerman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I was hoping to get a little help with my tommy blinders.

I bought a new servo board and mech from TNT Todd Tuckey. I have installed but I am not getting the green LED to come on. My voltages from left to right are Green Red 11.48 Green White 4.96 Orange Violet 72.9 Gray Black 5 Gray Oragne 5 and Black Orange 0. I have no manual but will try to look it up tonight.

The blinders have a little action when I trun the game on and also when using The "open" adjustment on the board.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Even link me to a thread.

Thank you for any help!

#2 6 years ago

Have you tried reaching out to Todd and the gang at TNT? They are a very knowledgeable group of people.

#3 6 years ago

The 72V reading doesn't sound correct. That could be an issue with your meter (if it's a cheaper one) reading a pulsed signal.

1 - 12V
2 - Key
3 - Clock
4 - Data
5 - Not Clear
6 - 5V
7 - Gnd

Clock and data will be 5V pulsed signals.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

The 72V reading doesn't sound correct. That could be an issue with your meter (if it's a cheaper one) reading a pulsed signal.
1 - 12V
2 - Key
3 - Clock
4 - Data
5 - Not Clear
6 - 5V
7 - Gnd
Clock and data will be 5V pulsed signals.

Thank you for the clarification on wires. Meter is not a cheap one. Thanks for the help!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Have you tried reaching out to Todd and the gang at TNT? They are a very knowledgeable group of people.

Definitely going to give them a buzz. Thank you

#6 6 years ago

Spotted this just now...the new Tommy board ONLY uses 5 volts Ground and Data...none of the other pins are hooked up. So you need to make sure plug is in correctly to power the 5 volt...the green led isn't the 5 volt led...it comes on/off depending on the status of the blinders. Todd

#7 6 years ago

Make sure the connector for the shaker motor is unplugged. They never came with a shaker but were wired for one. It plugs into the same board in the cab that the blinders connects to.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Spotted this just now...the new Tommy board ONLY uses 5 volts Ground and Data...none of the other pins are hooked up. So you need to make sure plug is in correctly to power the 5 volt...the green led isn't the 5 volt led...it comes on/off depending on the status of the blinders. Todd

With that said, are there wires on the connector that I need to pull out? The connector is keyed from the old board and looks to have the same pin sequence as new board.

Thank you

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Meter is not a cheap one.

Then I would be trying to figure out where that 72V is coming from. If I'm reading your sequence correctly that line should be 5V data.

2 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-blinder-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.