Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm getting air-balls on my Tommy after the auto plunge where it hits the ramp in the shooter lane and doesn't make it out of the shooter lane. Eventually what happens is that 2 balls get in the shooter lane and slows down the force of the balls so that they just dribble out onto the playfield. Also, if I manually plunge the ball with some force, it will turn into an air-ball that hits the ramp in the shooter lane as well.

I'm pretty sure the pitch is 6.5. Is this common for Tommy? Any ideas?

#2 11 years ago

I'm not really much help other than I can tell you I've never had that problem with my Tommy.

#3 11 years ago

I had the same problem on a full plunge (not on autoplunge). The ball was bouncing up when it hit the ramp bottom plate and hitting the shooter lane bracket- I could see where it had been hit a lot underneath and bent upwards.

I put 1/8" spacers cut from post sleeves under the bracket to raise it a little. It helps but a full plunge will still sometimes hit. I don't want to raise the bracket much further because the right ball return wireform rests on it. I tried messing with the ramp toe plate/bending/loosening/tightening to keep it from popping the ball up, with no effect. It doesn't affect me much because I never full plunge. Messes up my kids sometimes.

Also, make sure your auto plunge arm is dead centered on the ball when it's resting in the shooter lane. off to one side will make the ball bounce in the shooter lane and not make it out.

#5 11 years ago

You need to adjust the blue springy steel thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-air-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.