(Topic ID: 141206)

TOM vs IJ Williams vs WH20

By V4Vendetta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I'm torn between TOM and IJ for my next pin. But my wife keeps on nagging me to get WH20. And I know I gonna get blasted for saying this but I really don't see why ppl love Wh20 so much cuz this is one game that I could never get into for some reason. The best thing about the game is the topper but my wife loves it. So what do you guys think? TOM or IJ or Wh20? I'm personally leaning towards TOM since it's been on my grail list for so long.

What else do you have in your lineup? If this is going to be your only pin, it changes things quite a bit. Are you a fan of the Indiana Jones movies?

I currently own White Water and have owned ToM previously. I've only put a couple games on IJ.

White Water is a blast and has a unique layout. Art and sounds are great. Ranks very high up there on the "fun rating".

ToM is amazing to look at and has several really great tricks and toys (lots of magnets!). Possibly the best looking DMD game ever produced, with exception of maybe TOTAN. Some of the modes are a grind, and the wizard mode is kind of lame.

IJ seems to have some good depth and looks/plays great. I haven't played this one enough to form a strong opinion, but it seems like a solid game with plenty of variety and depth.

Overall, I think if it's your only game, you'll probably get the most value with an IJ. If you have a collection, WH2O is a good choice as its layout and gameplay are so different than most games out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-vs-ij-williams-vs-wh20?tu=allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.