20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #128 Schematics Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #131 Prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #133 Animated installation guide for prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #145 Prototype photos & video Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #146 Trunk opto board prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #210 PCB layouts Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #225 Opto board replacements, pricing, and shipping info Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #242 Opto Board PCBs Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #359 Photos of populated boards Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #372 Photo of installed board Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#732 5 years ago

For someone just joining this thread with a TOM that works can you explain all of the various boards and items in this thread?

From what I understand, Ingo's board replaces the original trunk control board that manages the movement of the trunk?

I saw the auto eddy boards (which I think work for the outlanes and trunk) here: http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-“Eddy”-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html

Not sure if this is something that would also be needed: http://tanglestech.com/DC-Motor-Control-Board--Replaces-A-16120_p_17.html

It sounds like if my eddy boards start having problems with the pots those can just be replaced. Or I can go with the auto eddy board posted above. If the trunk has problems moving then the Ingo board would be used for that.

I want to get any parts which may be hard to come by later so I'm considering ordering one of the Ingo boards just to do that. I also have the replace the old plastic interrupter (I have the metal one) so maybe swapping out this board is good at the same time?

Thoughts on what to get (and hold on to just in case) and anything to do now (even if the game is working properly)?

I also have the updated ROM that does the outlane save (when the magnet fails to grab the ball), is that the same code version we are talking about that handles the door open/close reset trunk for tournament play?

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You absolutely want the auto-eddy boards for the outlanes and the trunk.
They respond faster and need no adjustment ever.
The replacement trunk opto board has to do with a problem of the trunk malfuntioning if it is hit while its running.
This happens a lot during multiballs.
You get a trunk error that once cleared goes back to normal
The trunk will just stop. and not operate again until its manually turned and the game power cycled.
This is especially annoying with games on location, the trunk is always dead.
The trunk logic is enhanced to fix several problems with the unit.
The Ingo board is also more robust and quicker responding, with more accurate optics.

Thank you!

I'll still order Ingo's board, but never had a problem with my trunk at all. So that's good.. and I have my eddys adjusted pretty good so not sure I am going to do that. I'll consider.. it was like $70 a board, so that's a lot.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from cartsort:

Just ordered the Trunk Opto board for my ToM. Thanks Ingo for coming up with this. My repair guru highly recommends your board.
I look forward to installing it.

Me too

#747 5 years ago

Hum.. haven't heard back since I sent my paypal payment a several days ago. Is anyone else hearing from him recently?

- Nevermind, just heard back!

1 month later
#750 4 years ago

Got mine too, it's waiting for install while I refurb my playfield.

2 years later
#788 2 years ago

I am needing to replace my left outlane eddy board. I can't find them in the US and pinbits isn't responding. I found this set in AU and would order the whole thing but I already have Ingo's trunk board so I am unsure if I actually need or can use that DC motor control board. Does anyone know is those work in conjunction with each other? If I remember from the install, Ingo's board has the DC motor controller built in? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly...

https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1039

#791 2 years ago

So here is what Malcom from Tangles said about my questions. I'm still not entirely clear but it sounds like if you purchase their entire kit (https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1039) that you can use their eddy boards in replace of all three in the game as long as you use their motor control board and not Ingos board for that portion of the connections. I replied to him and asked for clarification on that. Sounds like, otherwise, you can use their auto eddy boards with the Ingo board, per his note below a out the relay/power cutting out and the calibration routine.

-------------------------------------------

This board is compatible with both the Trunk and out-lane of ToM. (it has a jumper setting for such).

Regarding the Leon board: None of the auto-adjusting eddy boards should be used with the Leon Opto/Motor control as it has a relay that removes power from the eddy. This required the eddy to re-calibrate each time the Leon board removes its power.

If you are using the Leon board just for the trunk optos, then you can choose to not wire the eddy power interrupt bit. This is fine.

The Tangles' Trunk Fix Kit solves the Trunk Error problem without requiring the eddy to do re-calibrations as it has an interconnect between the motor driver board and the Smart Eddy.

The Tangles Trunk fix kit can be used with the Ingo board. As mentioned above, leave the Smart eddy powered with its standard power harness. Leaving the Ingo board out of the "Eddy" equation.

I forgot to mention that you can run, 1,2 or 3 Smart eddy boards in ToM. If you want to implement a trunk fix and not buy all 3 eddy boards you can use the TPP-1029 motor controller board with an eddy. All of these boards ship now with the eddy inhibit plug installed. I can include the cable that interconnects if you go this path.

I also have instruction on how you can modify your existing A-16120 board to interconnect the the Smart Eddy. (https://shedspace.net/?p=348)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.