20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #128 Schematics Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #131 Prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #133 Animated installation guide for prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #145 Prototype photos & video Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #146 Trunk opto board prototype Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #210 PCB layouts Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #225 Opto board replacements, pricing, and shipping info Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #242 Opto Board PCBs Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #359 Photos of populated boards Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Post #372 Photo of installed board Posted by german-pinball (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'd like to do this, but the instructions are a little sparse. There's no part number for the relay or the little bread board he uses, so I'm not sure what they are. Anyone done this and have more detailed instruction?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

What Leon writes is right, I'v had a few theatre's with this behaviour.
Though the pinbits auto eddy boards seem to solve it often too.

It says that's for outlanes, but does not work on the trunk.

I figured out the answer to my original question though. I can zoom in on his picture in the article, and was able to pick the part number for the relay off the part. I ordered a 2 pack of the relay for 8 bucks all in on ebay. And then I ordered a small pack of bread boards, so I should be able to build this thing (actually, 2 of them) for 15 bucks all in. Which is awesome, it bugs me when the trunk gets weird.

2 weeks later
#32 8 years ago

Hey, this thread really took off since I thought it was resolved. A specific board, that's awesome, German-Pinball. And I love that the required parts are labelled on the board! Any idea on the cost of the product?

Thanks,

Evan

#40 8 years ago

Awesome, sign me up for one too, then. I'll keep the parts I have already ordered as spares.

Thanks,

Evan

Quoted from bstyles:

Don't have problems with my ToM now, but if you all are telling me there is a common problem, then perhaps it's only a matter of time.
In that case, I'll take one just to keep as a spare, since ToM won't be leaving my lineup anytime in the foreseeable future..

Quoted from german-pinball:

As there are so many interests, I have decided, to finally let produce professional boards. But at first, I will etch this weekend the prototype and send it to "canea" for testing.
The more boards I let produce, the lower the costs for each pcb:
10 pieces / 12,00 USD/each
20 pieces / 6,00 USD/each
30 pieces / 5,50 USD/each
50 pieces / 3,60 USD/each
The rest are the molex connectors, the relay and 1m=42,5inches wire.
Depending on how much pcbs I let produce, I think, the price for ALL parts will be about 12-18 USD.
As far as I see, we now have 10 intersted people - 20 would be good, then the price for each pcb is the half compared to 10.
If I ship the spare board only, you should take yourself care about to get the parts with, but have extra shipping costs from the parts distributor or so. Best would be, I get all parts, so the set is complete and I ship as a DIY-project or complete assembeld, as desired.
- Ingo
PS.:
What is with the control-LEDs? Are these desired??
How thick are the wires, AWG20 ????

1 week later
#129 8 years ago

Wow, thanks German-Pinball for putting so much work into this!!!

3 weeks later
#168 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm still wrapping my head around this one. That being said, we all love easter eggs, so don't hold back if you can figure out how to put one in.

He's referring to the Volkswagen scandal, where they built cheats into the emissions tests.

3 weeks later
#170 8 years ago

You are in the list ... before I do not tell it is not to late ... the boards are already on the way to the US (canea) for testing ....

Any feedback yet?

3 weeks later
#261 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ball gets trapped to the left of the trunk:

I've never once had a ball jam between trunk and post. But I'm seeing a lot of people post about this. My machine has a mod, I don't know who put it in or when. But it is a metal guide rail around the posts. No ball jams ever. I'll take a pic and post it later.

1 month later
#407 8 years ago

Just got mine, looks great, very professional! Can't wait to get it installed!

#419 8 years ago

To anyone who has already installed this, to remove the existing board, is it just a matter of removing the 4 lock nuts, and loosening the set screw on the trunk axle?

2 months later
#497 8 years ago

Finally got my molex pin removal tool and installed this board. The instructions in post #458 were excellent! Thanks Ingo!

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

So I just installed mine and now the trunk doesn't sense any hits at all. ?

Did you double check all the connections per the instructions?

Also, is the opto calibrated? Mine would never stay calibrated until I glued the dial after setting it (probably not good advice).

Look at rhe board near the trunk opto, with a little dial that can be turned with a small Phillips screwdriver, turn it one way until the red light comes on, and then turn it the other way until the red light *just barely* turns off.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I got it figured out. It works now, not seeing any more issues. Thanks

What was happening?

1 month later
#535 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

... But since you have to pass the wires through everything, might as well bulletproof the trunk by replacing the gearbox (available with oversized motor from Pinball Resource) and opto interrupter (aluminum interrupter available from Marco) at the same time...

Jeebus. You'd have to have pretty deep pockets to spend $325 on parts that don't need replacing.

5 months later
#565 7 years ago
Quoted from nibre:

I have installed the "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated" but occasionally the trunk gets stuck in a position between two correct positions (see image). The trunk test works as it should. Any suggestion what to do?

Is your opto interrupter ring damaged / cracked or is it loose? I could see this causing issues with trunk position.

1 year later
#656 6 years ago

Hmm, I've had balls bounce out before, but not since installing my trunk board. Did the short kill your board, or was it ok after removing the ball?

3 weeks later
#664 6 years ago

Has anyone run a trunk test with Ingo's board in place? I'm trying to troubleshoot some gremlins in my TOM, which include the trunk occasionally going non-responsive to hits until I restart the machine. I ran a trunk test and while the trunk moves and stops perfectly, it's not reporting switches or position correctly. I'm wondering if this is just a result of the special board, or if it's somehow a wierd clue to my pin misbehaving.

#666 6 years ago

Not normal.
Check your connection to the board.
Check, if your 12V digital are ok.

12V is reading 14.4V, which I think is ok. I think the trunk test is a red herring. After fiddling with it for a bit, I think the trunk registers the position, then overshoots by about 1mm, and the rest of the software is too slow to react to this so I never see results on the DMD. If I rotate the interupter with my finger back that 1mm, I see the registration on the test. I would bet I have an aging connector(s) at the MPU / driver board level affects the eddy sensor and trunk hit sensor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.