20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

... If anyone knows what the (*) stands for let me know. ...

See post #225

#402 8 years ago

Thanks Ingo.

Order just placed.

Tom

#403 8 years ago

Received the TOM combo board and TZ clock board. Both look amazing and I am really looking forward to getting them installed. Thanks Ingo!

#404 8 years ago

Just found out that I am in the "ships today" batch... YAY!

I said it to Ingo already, but I will say it here again. This is a GREAT project, and I am very thankful for the efforts what went into this to make the boards happen. Can't wait to install it when I get it.

#405 8 years ago

Thanks Ingo!
Just placed my order for a combo.

Tim

#406 8 years ago

I've just received mine. It's a fantastic board! It has a very nice and profesional aspect.
I'll try to prove it as soon as possible.
Thanks for your fantastic job, Ingo!

#407 8 years ago

Just got mine, looks great, very professional! Can't wait to get it installed!

#408 8 years ago

Now ordered; looking forward to not stopping in the middle of a game to fix the Trunk.

Thanks Ingo

#409 8 years ago

Look what I got in the mail today

Thanks again for all your hard work these past few months Ingo.

IMG-20160112-WA0011_(resized).jpgIMG-20160112-WA0011_(resized).jpg

#410 8 years ago

Hi Ingo,

I just got my TZ clock board and TOM combo board yesterday. Thanks for creating these boards.

Gord

#411 8 years ago

Just received my board today and installed, works great. Thanks Ingo

#412 8 years ago

Ordered! No issue with mine, but when it does become a problem, this will be ready to install.

#413 8 years ago

Update:
My wife and me are still very busy working.
The next 20 boards will be shipped on monday morning.

If somebody is very very urgent, please send me a PM.

See how my wife is placing the smd LEDs:

wife_placing_SMD-LEDs_(resized).JPGwife_placing_SMD-LEDs_(resized).JPG

I myself am very hard working too, hope, you all like my new string

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Update:
My wife and me are still very busy working.
The next 20 boards will be shipped on monday morning.
If somebody is very very urgent, please send me a PM.
See how my wife is placing the smd LEDs:
wife_placing_SMD-LEDs_(resized).JPG
I myself am very hard working too, hope, you all like my new string
Ingo_at_work_(resized).jpg

Ingo,

I had no idea

#415 8 years ago

Your wife has no doubt earned her gold star in heaven, Ingo.

#416 8 years ago

Sweet tool belt!

#417 8 years ago

... and here the team in real (Poland Feb. 2015) ....

Teresa+Ingo_(resized).jpgTeresa+Ingo_(resized).jpg

#418 8 years ago

Received my Leon board and installed. Works perfectly!

Thanks Ingo.

#419 8 years ago

To anyone who has already installed this, to remove the existing board, is it just a matter of removing the 4 lock nuts, and loosening the set screw on the trunk axle?

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

To anyone who has already installed this, to remove the existing board, is it just a matter of removing the 4 lock nuts, and loosening the set screw on the trunk axle?

To install the new opto board or the combo board, you need to take the plastic trunk off from the top of playfield and undo the 4 wires inside the trunk (not a clean way to do this unless you're super handy with molex extracters - it's easiest just to cut them and put them back together with electrical tape since you'll be cursing yourself the next time you're in there if you put them back together in a more secure fashion). Pull the wiring through the trunk shaft from the bottom. Remove the interrupter disc. (Note the orientation of the interrupter before you take it off, by the way. Make a mark on it to help you remember how it goes back on.) And finally, you'll be able to remove the old opto board with the 4 screws, after disconnecting it, of course.

Installing the leon board is much simpler - just the two nuts on the top of the opto and plug it in.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

To install the new opto board or the combo board, you need to take the plastic trunk off from the top of playfield and undo the 4 wires inside the trunk (not a clean way to do this unless you're super handy with molex extracters - it's easiest just to cut them and put them back together with electrical tape since you'll be cursing yourself the next time you're in there if you put them back together in a more secure fashion).

My only comment here is that you can also do the same thing on the other side of the wire, eliminating the need to remove the trunk. In my case, I used a molex pin extractor to push the pins out of the two molex connectors on the wiring coming out of the bottom of the trunk shaft, pulled the opto interruptor disk off (after loosening the allen screw) and then removed/replaced the opto board. I then pushed the pins back into the molex connectors and everything was clean. I'm not particularly handy with a molex extractor, it's just a narrow cylinder that you use to push the pin out, not too difficult. You could do it with a small micro screwdriver in a pinch.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

My only comment here is that you can also do the same thing on the other side of the wire, eliminating the need to remove the trunk. In my case, I used a molex pin extractor to push the pins out of the two molex connectors on the wiring coming out of the bottom of the trunk shaft, pulled the opto interruptor disk off (after loosening the allen screw) and then removed/replaced the opto board. I then pushed the pins back into the molex connectors and everything was clean. I'm not particularly handy with a molex extractor, it's just a narrow cylinder that you use to push the pin out, not too difficult. You could do it with a small micro screwdriver in a pinch.

True all that. I just stuck with the cut wiring in the trunk because that's how mine was when I got it. But yeah, you could separate the wiring anywhere along its length or pop off the connectors. Still waiting for someone to come up with a great mod for this. I know that people have made replacement wiring kits with connectors but don't think it eliminates taking off and putting back on connectors which is a drag when you just did it 20 times in a row like I did over the last couple months.

#423 8 years ago

Hope to be in the "next 20 boards"

#424 8 years ago

Hi Ingo-

I just sent the funds via PayPal! Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

#425 8 years ago

Worth mentioning, in case it hasn't been mentioned already, that if you go with the combo board, you'll need the Molex 0.062" removal tool to remove the wires from the bigger of the two molex connectors. feeding the trunk.

Something like: http://www.amazon.com/Connector-Remover-Computer-Extractor-Sleeving/dp/B0094MIS9U/ref=pd_sim_469_2

#426 8 years ago

I placed my order and sent my money back on 01/06, right in the middle of the busy board assembly. Received my shipping information yesterday which was 01/18 (it was actually shipped a week ago on 01/12), and it just left the U.S. customs on 01/17. Hopefully it will make its way to me by the end of the week. Pretty good considering that I wasn't at the top of the list, and my board (plus any orders ahead of mine) still needed to be assembled. I am super happy with this process and can't wait to get the board here and installed.

I bet that Ingo and his wife are excited to get these all built

#427 8 years ago

My board arrived today. Reviewed the pictures from this thread, just in case, and 5 minutes later my Theatre of magic was new and improved! Second game in I got my second highest score ever and was halfway through the last illusion! This would never have happened without sheer luck prior to this board going in.

Ingo, thank you for all of you and your family's hard work on this. Thank you to everyone involved in testing, R&D and Q&A. Amazing that this went form an idea thread to finished and in-hand product in under 5 months.

#428 8 years ago

Got mine today and installed in the game. Absolutely awesome product. If you have a TOM, you either need this or will need this.

#429 8 years ago

Still waiting patiently.......

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Still waiting patiently.......

Also waiting, I'm sure it's on the way.

#431 8 years ago

Here is my tracking details (sort of) from Ingo to Iowa just so people know how the timing pans out:
01/12/2016 - Shipped
01/12/2016 - Passed through Frankfurt Germany
01/16/2016 - Arrived at ISC (customs) in New York
01/17/2016 - Arrived from customs and departed New York USPS
01/21/2016 - Arrived at my local post office
01/21/2016 - Out for delivery. Yay! It should be waiting for me when I get home.

UPDATE: Boooo... No package. Just a slip from the postal service stating that I need to be home to sign for it. Went online and told them to hold it for me so that I can pick it up tomorrow or Saturday on my time, and not when they happen to stop by the house.

#432 8 years ago

Just ordered mine! Thanks

#433 8 years ago

And the USPS can't seem to find my package. Lovely. I went online and marked it for "pick up at post office" which was also what they checked on the notice that they left me (that it would be at the post office). I get there with all documentation and after 25 minutes, they just couldn't find it and didn't know where it was at. Governmental workers....

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

And the USPS can't seem to find my package. Lovely. I went online and marked it for "pick up at post office" which was also what they checked on the notice that they left me (that it would be at the post office). I get there with all documentation and after 25 minutes, they just couldn't find it and didn't know where it was at. Governmental workers....

If you go to the link, I have sent you, it says DELIVERED (Your item was delivered at 12:38 pm on January 22, 2016 in MARION, IA 52302).

Please keep me informed. If have sent hundreds of packages to the US in the last 10 years, there was only 1 (!!!) package lost (stolen by the postman - obviously he had a TZ and needed my TZ-Clock-Board ).

If you do not get it, I make an investigation here from germany, the german post makes then a bit pressure to USPS. If nothing helps, I must send you a new board - I have insurance for the package.

#435 8 years ago

nickboul for what it's worth I've found that USPS, they often try to deliver it again despite checking that box. You might try tomorrow morning at the post office.

#436 8 years ago

I missed my delivery today. Now it's back at the post office and I'm stuck in two feet of snow this weekend.

#437 8 years ago

Received my combo board. When I shop Out the game i will install the board.

#438 8 years ago

Yeah, after spending a while at the post office and getting nowhere, I signed the "delivery release" document while there. I went about my day and we headed out of town for a concert Friday night. We got back at 3am Saturday morning, and there was another stupid "we tried to deliver it" notice again? Seriously? Their 1st notice said that it was at the post office waiting for me, then I went to the web site listed on my notice, also marked it that I would pick it up, I get there with my paperwork and they agree that it should have been there, but lo and behind, it was out on the truck for delivery. The office just doesn't seem to have any clue as to what they are putting in the mail trucks apparently. So then Saturday comes, I sign the form again, and I leave it in my mailbox. I also go to the post office again. The guy at the post office says that once again it looks like it never went out, but also was showing "delivered." I got home another 20 minutes later and sure enough, there it was.

So I have it. It looks great, but I haven't had time to put it in since my only real chance would have been Saturday morning, but it didn't get to me until around 4pm Saturday night. I know it is a 5 minute fix, but I also want to take the trunk gear box out and clean/regrease the gears while I am at it.

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

I know it is a 5 minute fix, but I also want to take the trunk gear box out and clean/regrease the gears while I am at it.

Ah, the United States Postal Service. Not exactly fantastic with logistics, though lately they've been better out here in California. Stiff competition.

I recommend using carb cleaner to help with the removal of the old grease. I washed all the parts/gears thoroughly then applied Super Lube.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ah, the United States Postal Service. Not exactly fantastic with logistics, though lately they've been better out here in California. Stiff competition.
I recommend using carb cleaner to help with the removal of the old grease. I washed all the parts/gears thoroughly then applied Super Lube.

Yup. Already have the carb cleaner and a tube of Super Lube purchased and ready...

#441 8 years ago

Can you guys who are doing the gear maintenance, post a few pics?

BTW, I got my shipment in about 7 days (Chicago area).

#443 8 years ago

I sent payment 11/18/15. Just wondering when I can expect mine?

#444 8 years ago

I received mine. A fantastic and quality built product. Thanks a lot Ingo for all the hard work that you and your wife have put into this.

#445 8 years ago

SHORT UPDATE:

Next 26 boards to 14 people shipped yesterday, as follows:

BRAMVK
MSJ2222
TONYCIP
CHEMIXTRY
SKYPILOT
BHWOLF
DUDAH
TOMTEST
GREENMASCHINE
BANTAMAN
PITPIN
DALLASPINBALL
PINFRANK
NIGHTSEARCHER

Tracking numbers will follow by PM as soon as possible.

Next 14 packages will follow at the end of this week and then the last 13 boards for the "latecomers" next week.

Anybody must have fear, all is good - I have never and would never cheat a person - BUT it is very very much work - ALL will be satisfied. Do not look only at the list, there are some guys who took 10 boards.

- Ingo

#446 8 years ago

hmmm. seems I was passed over. Looking forward to finally receiving it

#447 8 years ago

Hi guys, maybe a silly question!

While waiting for Ingo's great board I decided to replace all my plastics and rubbers and to clean the trunk and motor and regrease the gears......
Now putting everything together again I don't know or can't remember where this connector should be and where to connect it???

I bet somebody here knows.

Thanks.
Frank

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#448 8 years ago

Sorry for spamming......already found the answer in another thread!
The connector is one that is not used in the game. That's why I couldn't find another connector to plug it into
Cheers.

#449 8 years ago

After being snowed in for 3 days, I finally made it to the post office and picked mine up today.

#450 8 years ago

I was probably a latecomer, paid the last week of December.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.