20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 8 years ago

Just ordered the combo board.....and now happily waiting. Thanks Ingo for the magical solution for the trunk problem.

#352 8 years ago

Ordered the Leon board and the test board last week. Thanks, Ingo.

#353 8 years ago

Awesome, looking great!

#354 8 years ago

This thread restores my enthusiasm for the power of collective wisdom for good.

#355 8 years ago

Payment sent
Thanks Ingo

#356 8 years ago

Can someone (op) please put the contact info for ordering these on the front page?
I need one of these and it would be super helpful not to have to comb through 8 pages to find the contact info.

But past that, this is amazing and so helpful. Huge thanks for this.

#357 8 years ago

Op busy getting product out to customers, why are you unable to follow post and go to post 225 which has ordering instructions?

#358 8 years ago

Payment sent #
combo-board is 58,00 + 6,00 (shipping) = 64,00 USD
Thanks Ingo

#359 8 years ago

My wife and me were very busy over christmas and will begin to ship tomorrow gradually step by step. Tomorrow we will continue to solder further boards. I will keep you informed about the progress.

DSCN2380comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2380comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2379comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2379comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2372comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2372comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2378comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2378comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2375comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2375comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2374comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2374comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2376comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2376comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2373comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2373comp_(resized).JPG

DSCN2377comp_(resized).JPGDSCN2377comp_(resized).JPG

#360 8 years ago

Looking good Ingo

#361 8 years ago

Pm send to order a combo board.

#362 8 years ago

Paymend done

Ships within 1 week!

#363 8 years ago

Combo board ordered and paid for. Shipping in about a week!! Thanks again

#364 8 years ago

Forgot to mention, that all connectors are coded with these little sweet coding-pins, so there will be no chance, to put the connectors the wrong way:

DSCN2398_(resized).JPGDSCN2398_(resized).JPGDSCN2401_(resized).JPGDSCN2401_(resized).JPG

#365 8 years ago

Today was the first part of the "packaging-orgy" package_2_(resized).jpgpackage_2_(resized).jpgand tomorrow morning I will drive to the post office:

package_3_(resized).JPGpackage_3_(resized).JPGpackage_1_(resized).jpgpackage_1_(resized).jpg

#366 8 years ago

Wow dude you are the man! Awesome work!

#367 8 years ago

go Ingo go! Looks great

=D

#368 8 years ago

Payment just sent for (1) complete combo board. Thanks in advance!

#369 8 years ago

Stacks of "done" stuff. Always good to see.
Thanks for all the hard work Ingo. Be sure to thank the wife too!

#370 8 years ago

My package just arrived. Installed it and worked perfectly!! Thanks Ingo!

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

My package just arrived. Installed it and worked perfectly!! Thanks Ingo!

Fantastic!

#372 8 years ago

I wish you all a happy new year 2016!!!!!

Here is a little "appetizer" for 2016 (first photo of combo-board installed in real ToM - thanks to Dennis from sweden):

Combo-Board_installed_in_Tom_comp_(resized).jpgCombo-Board_installed_in_Tom_comp_(resized).jpg

#373 8 years ago

Simple question (hopefully) but I just wanted to double check. I just replaced my trunk eddy board with an auto-eddy from Pinbits. The "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated" is completely separate than the eddy board and will work just fine with the eddy from PinBits? Right? I should just get the "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated" and call it a day, right? Sorry I just want to make sure that I get what I need (which would be just the Leon board) but since I like things to look "original" then the single board gives that "integrated" look.

Thanks.

#374 8 years ago

I was wondering that too. My trunk eddy board is a little finiky.

#375 8 years ago

1.)
The trunk-opto-board has the function, to "controll" the function/position of the trunk only.

2.)
The eddy-sonsor-board has the function, to detect switch #85.

3.)
The Leon-Board corrects the following disgusting fault: The trunk going into 'error' mode, if you hit it while it's turning.

1.1.)
The original trunk-opto-board has a design flaw, thats the reason, why it sometimes is a troublemaker.

You have the following alternatives now:

a.)
If you have a working original trunk-opto-board, you can leave it as is and only take the single Leon-Board to correct the fault described in 3.).

b.)
You go with the very good GLM trunk-opto-board and only take the single Leon-Board to correct the fault described in 3.).

c.)
You go with my new single trunk-opto-baord and only take the single Leon-Board to correct the fault described in 3.).

1.2.)
You leave the original eddy-sensor-board in or go with much better pinbits auto-eddy-board.

Quoted from nickbuol:

Simple question (hopefully) but I just wanted to double check. I just replaced my trunk eddy board with an auto-eddy from Pinbits. The "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated" is completely separate than the eddy board and will work just fine with the eddy from PinBits? Right?

Simple answer: YES

Quoted from nickbuol:

I should just get the "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated" and call it a day, right?

YES. This is the trunk-opto-board, but improoved in opposite to the original trunk-opto board with the Leon-addition. They are only integrated on ONE PCB.

Quoted from nickbuol:

Sorry I just want to make sure that I get what I need (which would be just the Leon board) but since I like things to look "original" then the single board gives that "integrated" look.

If you want it look original, than you can go with the single trunk-opto-board or the GLM-board and put the single Leon-Board as an addition on top of the trunk-opto-board.
If you then want to have it look original, then you an take out the Leon-Board and all looks like original - BUT does that make sense? Then you have an original look and the disgusting fault described in 3.).

Hope, all questions are cleared up.

Example:

Look at this photo:

https://images.pinside.com/3/38/33893dfb5020d1f12fe1ffd04225a745802cc799/resized/large/33893dfb5020d1f12fe1ffd04225a745802cc799.jpg

Here is the good and reliable trunk-opto-board from GLM. There is no need to go with a new trunk-opto-board or an integrated board, so only a single Leon has to be used. Then you have the following result:

- You have a trunk-opto-board, that does not make any troubles
- you have the Leon-board, so fault 3.) is eliminated
- depending on what eddy board you have, you can be free of errors, with pinbits no errors, original eddy-board not so reliable

#376 8 years ago

Awesome detailed response. Thank you so much! PM sent.

#377 8 years ago

Payment sent. Thank you again for working this up for everyone.

#378 8 years ago

Salut,

Happy new year from France.

Payment sent and quite keen to get one of these nice boards to make my TOM even better.

Thanks to Ingo,
Cheers,
flugs

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Today was the first part of the "packaging-orgy" package_2_(resized).jpgand tomorrow morning I will drive to the post office:
package_3_(resized).JPGpackage_1_(resized).jpg

.......mine is somewhere in that stack.........

#380 8 years ago

Thanks Ingo: A Californian is now looking forward to your obviously very fine work. Thanks for doing this as my TOM was temperamental, and seemed only to do this if I got into a VERY good game.

Looking forward to upgrading my machine.

Best for the new year!

#381 8 years ago

One last endorsement from me while everyone waits patiently (or not!) for your boxes from Ingo.

I tried both the Leon and the Combo board in my game today and both functioned perfectly, as expected. Top quality workmanship and materials on the boards - it's hard to imagine that one man designed and assembled these. The only downside is that you're not going to be able to look at these beauties while you're playing!

So cool to see this project go from an idea to a (better than) commercial board in just a few months. Thumbs up, Ingo!

ingoleon_(resized).jpgingoleon_(resized).jpg

ingocombo_(resized).jpgingocombo_(resized).jpg

#382 8 years ago

Box arrived today, one more TOM free from errors! Works great and easy to install..
Many thanks to you Ingo, your wife, son and Leon - may he rest in peace.

#383 8 years ago

Mine just arrived today too! Can't wait to install it later tonight! Thanks again Ingo and Leon (RIP).

UPDATE: Just played a bunch of games with the new board. It's perfect! I feel like I have a brand new ToM. Anyone on the fence about this board/fix should just pull the trigger. It's awesome. You'll have no regrets.

#384 8 years ago

Yes, just ordered the combo board. Thanks Ingo, for the solution for the trunk problem.

#385 8 years ago

Works like a charm, cheap, and easy install. Installed in a little more than 2 minutes.

One of my best 'mods' so far!

2016-01-07_18.20.13_(resized).jpg2016-01-07_18.20.13_(resized).jpg

#386 8 years ago

Installation took minutes and works perfectly. This is a great addition to the game!

Thanks Ingo!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

...while everyone waits patiently (or not!) for your boxes from Ingo.

I was waiting patiently. But seeing others receive and enjoy them makes me wish mine comes soon.

#388 8 years ago

Ingo, just received my boards today and couldn't wait to install it on my own machine. It's working exactly as it should. Thanks for building this and putting so much heart and soul into it!

Also, thanks to the rest of the community here who contributed, it's really a testament to what a community can do.

Leon, RIP man. Wish you could see this.

IMG_0649_(resized).jpgIMG_0649_(resized).jpg

IMG_0651_(resized).jpgIMG_0651_(resized).jpg

#389 8 years ago

Wow great posts ...

This is the best opto board on the market
imop

get one before they sell out...

#390 8 years ago

Is it still possible to order a board? Sent PM to try to order, but no reply so far. Thanks!

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Wow great posts ...
This is the best opto board on the market
imop
get one before they sell out...

Surely great!
Don't forget his TZ clock boards, same standard A+

Ingo does incredible work!

#392 8 years ago

Just finished a record high game, largely due to not having a stalled trunk..This board is awesome!

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from ski1game2:

Is it still possible to order a board? Sent PM to try to order, but no reply so far. Thanks!

Salut,

As far as I know it is still possible to order.
Just let Ingo some time to answer as he is very busy to prepare all the boards.

Cheers,
flugs

#394 8 years ago

All PMs for the "latecomers" are answered now.

Short update:

My wife, my son and me are very busy working on soldering the boards.

Anybody must have fear for his boards.

Many are already shipped, but the time frame changes a little bit.

The next 20 boards will be shipped tomorrow, 11.01.2016.

Then there are still 24 boards to be done. These will be shipped between 15. to 18.01.2016. Then all regular orders are done.

I hope for you understanding - it is much more work, than I thought.
Do not look only look at the list, there were some guys, who ordered 5 or more boards.

I give my best, to ship as fast and soon as possible.

I did not post the term "SHIPPED" to the list, to prevent that jealousy arises

I have a tracking number for each package. Within the next week, I will send tracking number by PM, if I haven´t it done yet.

- Ingo

6DSCN2412comp_(resized).JPG6DSCN2412comp_(resized).JPG8DSCN2414comp_(resized).JPG8DSCN2414comp_(resized).JPG5DSCN2411comp_(resized).JPG5DSCN2411comp_(resized).JPG4DSCN2410comp_(resized).JPG4DSCN2410comp_(resized).JPG3DSCN2409comp_(resized).JPG3DSCN2409comp_(resized).JPG2DSCN2408comp_(resized).JPG2DSCN2408comp_(resized).JPG1DSCN2407comp_(resized).JPG1DSCN2407comp_(resized).JPG0DSCN2406comp_(resized).JPG0DSCN2406comp_(resized).JPG

#395 8 years ago

RESPECT Ingo! Me and many others are very grateful for the effort you put in this problemsolver

#396 8 years ago

Ingo,

The pinball community owes you a debt of gratitude. This is a really wonderful thing you've done. And you've made one of the best games even better. I know it was a ton of work for you.

Thank you!
Marc

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

Just finished a record high game, largely due to not having a stalled trunk..This board is awesome!

Thanks EternalLife for these nice pics:

000_7292_(resized).JPG000_7292_(resized).JPG

000_7291_(resized).JPG000_7291_(resized).JPG000_7290_(resized).JPG000_7290_(resized).JPG

#398 8 years ago

Wow, love seeing the Work-In-Process (WIP) pics that Ingo is posting. Lots of work going on there.

For anyone like me wondering where you sit on the list of people ordering boards, you can find Ingo's list below.

If anyone knows what the (*) stands for let me know.

Leon Board - Always Up to Date - Who Ordered List:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/2#post-2648292

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

For anyone like me wondering where you sit in the list of people ordering boards, you can find Ingo's list here below.
Leon Board - Who Ordered List:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/2#post-2648292

I am first on his list but have yet to get mine! WTF!!! Just kidding!

Ingo, thank you so much for getting this done. I can only image the amount of work this is and, just like everyone else, really appreciate the effort! Amazing to have a "we need this" thread become a reality in such a short time!

#400 8 years ago

Happy to still be able to order. Paypal sent. Thanks Ingo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.