Topic Stats

• 750 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 201 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B8989610-FE1D-411F-8A39-0917BA32624E (resized).jpeg
20190217_124203 (resized).jpg
IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
Trunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPG
Cable (resized).jpg
20181208_130847 (resized).jpg
20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_3529a (resized).jpg
trunk_board_installed (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 3 years ago

Just send PayPal. Thanks Ingo!!

#302 3 years ago

When was the target shipping date ?

#303 3 years ago

PayPal sent for 2 Leon boards. Thanks a bunch Ingo!

#304 3 years ago

Paypal payment sent for one soldered Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. Thanks!

#305 3 years ago

Payment just sent.
So excited to finally have a fix for the trunk!
Thanks again German-Pinball!
-Ran

#306 3 years ago

After months of probs with my trunk I also just made order of soldered board with Leon integrated.

Looks very good!

#307 3 years ago

Paypal payment sent for one soldered Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. Thanks!

#308 3 years ago

bump-

Engaged Ingo, PayPal sent for one of each type of board. Mine works great but still buying Just Because ... you never know.

Thanks for doing this Leon and Ingo!

#309 3 years ago

Just put my order in.

#310 3 years ago

I'm in!
Thank you all for doing this hobby so easy with things like these boards
And of course, thanks to Leon for showing us the way. RIP.

#311 3 years ago

WOW guys ... you are all so great!!!!

E-mail contact and all was so uncomplicated as I have never seen before.
I thank you for your great faith. It's not easy to order from someone from a foreign country, you do not know.

And now it will go on very fast. All parts are already here, all parts are sorted and bended (about 5000 resistors and diodes!!), all is prepared for soldering.

And the best: The PCBs will arrive on thursday this week, means in 2-3 days. Got the first fotos from the pcb-manufacturer of the single LEON-board today. I am very excited and can hardly expect, to hold the real boards in my hands.

The board looks better than I ecpected

LEON TOP.jpg

LEON BOTTOM.jpg

- Ingo

#312 3 years ago

Payment sent! - Thanks for the hard work on this Ingo!

#313 3 years ago

Its cool the board has Leon's (RIP) printed on the front.

#314 3 years ago

Payment sent as discussed - thanks Ingo!

#315 3 years ago

PCBs arrived today - the show can finally go on

More to follow today evening.

Proudly presentation of the PCBs by my son (the 5 year old little man helped me very much bending the resistors):

Ingo junior PCB presentation.jpg

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Its cool the board has Leon's (RIP) printed on the front.

To be honest, I don't know who Leon is. Is he a member here? I can gather that he came up with the idea and such?

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

To be honest, I don't know who Leon is. Is he a member here? I can gather that he came up with the idea and such?

Yes, the idea is from Leon, see post#7.

This is Leon, one of the greatest pinball-experts ever:

http://www.flippers.be/leon_borre.html

#318 3 years ago

So guys, here are the first impressions, after the boards arrived now.

First the good news - the pcbs are top qualitity, they work perfect.

Here all sent pcbs:

all boards 1 comp.JPG

all boards 1 comp.JPG

#319 3 years ago

Here the "naked" pcbs:

Leon-Board

Leon pcb TOP comp.JPG

Leon pcb BOTTOM comp.JPG

Combo-Board

Combo TOP comp.JPG

Combo BOTTOM comp.JPG

#320 3 years ago

Next, the soldered pcbs:

Leon-Board:

LEON complete TOP comp.JPG

LEON complete BOTTOM comp.JPG

Combo-Board:

Combo complete TOP comp.JPG

Combo complete BOTTOM comp.JPG

#321 3 years ago

And last but not least ....

the little TESTER:

Tester 1 comp.JPG

Tester 2 comp.JPG

#322 3 years ago

looks great cant wait to get mine, Quick question, back in the thread somewhere someone mentioned adding some holes or pins to power some light mod,did that make it in the final boards? if so are they labeled on the board? thanks

#323 3 years ago

Looking great! Do you happen to know when you might be shipping the kits (no rush)?

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

looks great cant wait to get mine, Quick question, back in the thread somewhere someone mentioned adding some holes or pins to power some light mod,did that make it in the final boards? if so are they labeled on the board? thanks

YES and YES.

signals.jpg

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Looking great! Do you happen to know when you might be shipping the kits (no rush)?

As fast as possible, the first one will go out in 1 week and the last ones in about 2 weeks. I will give my best!!!!

#326 3 years ago

We need to make two cables to install the board, correct?

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

As fast as possible, the first one will go out in 1 week and the last ones in about 2 weeks. I will give my best!!!!

Great to hear! Thanks for all you've done to make this happen.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We need to make two cables to install the board, correct?

Naturally NOT, all necessary cable are sent with the boards. Not everybody has the proper tool, to press the wires into the connector. I use high quality connectors from ITW-PANCON. One side of the cables has a protection cap, this side of the cables has to be put in the connectors on the Leon-Board, so anybody has to care, what cable has to be put where.

CABLE 1 comp.JPG

CABLE 2 comp.JPG

CABLE 3 comp.JPG

#329 3 years ago

Naturally NOT, all necessary cable are sent with the boards. Not everybody has the proper tool, to press the wires into the connector. I use high quality connectors from ITW-PANCON. One side of the cables has a protection cap, this side of the cables has to be put in the connectors on the Leon-Board, so anybody has to care, what cable has to be put where.

That's beautiful, Ingo. Thank you for including the cables. You're a professional operation, indeed.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That's beautiful, Ingo. Thank you for including the cables. You're a professional operation, indeed.

Aren´t our wonderful machines it worth, only to get the best quality parts?

Here is the parts list for all boards (not yet complete):

Parts List.jpg

#331 3 years ago

Payment sent
Thanks!!

#332 3 years ago

Wow these look great!!

#333 3 years ago

Here is a little video with the single trunk-opto-board together with the little tester - you see, you can test the board outside of the pinball machine:

#334 3 years ago

Payment sent for single Leon Board.

Thanks!

#335 3 years ago

Payment sent!

#336 3 years ago

Nice video. Looking forward to getting the combo board installed.

#337 3 years ago

An inside view into the "mass-production" - the hardest parts are the small 0805 smd -leds - I have to solder about 1000 of these little leds

DSCN2307 comp.JPG

DSCN2310 comp.JPG

DSCN2312 comp.JPG

#338 3 years ago

Here is a little video with the single trunk-opto-board together with the little tester - you see, you can test the board outside of the pinball machine:
» YouTube video

Hi Ingo,

That tester board for the TOM board is really slick. Do you have a similar tester board that works with your TZ clock board?

Thanks.

Gord

#339 3 years ago

Support this dude. What a favor he's doing for TOM owners, regardless of price!

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Ingo,
That tester board for the TOM board is really slick. Do you have a similar tester board that works with your TZ clock board?
Thanks.
Gord

YES, I have - for all products I build, I have a tester.

You can see my tester for the TZ-Clock-Board here, post #39 + #41 - you can see there my tester and the one I have built for borygard (rob has the better one ):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-available-ingos-tz-clock-board-borygard-le-version

A few years ago I even built a tester for both my TZ-clock-Board and the orginal TZ-clock-Board. This tester was hand-etched and is in australia, see following pics:

TZ-clock Tester 1.jpg

TZ-clock Tester 2.jpg

I do not have this universal tester for myself, but have this one only built one times for my friend Rob in australia.

If you are a member on aussie arcade forum, there is some more info:

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/54678-Twilight-Zone-clock-boards

Here is the first video of my TZ-clock-Board (I think, it was board revision 1.0) ever with the tester built on bread-board.

Why do you ask, do you have problems with the clock board?

#341 3 years ago

YES, I have - for all products I build, I have a tester.
You can see my tester for the TZ-Clock-Board here, post #39 + #41 - you can see there my tester and the one I have built for borygard (rob has the better one ):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-available-ingos-tz-clock-board-borygard-le-version
A few years ago I even built a tester for both my TZ-clock-Board and the orginal TZ-clock-Board. This tester was hand-etched and is in australia, see following pics:
TZ-clock Tester 1.jpg
TZ-clock Tester 2.jpg
I do not have this universal tester for myself, but have this one only built one times for my friend Rob in australia.
If you are a member on aussie arcade forum, there is some more info:
http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/54678-Twilight-Zone-clock-boards
Here is the first video of my TZ-clock-Board (I think, it was board revision 1.0) ever with the tester built on bread-board.
» YouTube video
Why do you ask, do you have problems with the clock board?

No problems, I recently ordered both a TZ clock board and TOM combo board from you. It will be great to have a tester board should the need ever arise. The idea of a tester board to fully test the optos is a great idea.

I was told that my recent order will be shipped out in the next 3-4 weeks or so which is fine.

Thanks.

Gord

#342 3 years ago

Thank you Ingo! Just sent paypal for the all-in-one assembled board.

Question -- does this work well with the auto-eddy board? If I understand correctly, it may mean a delay in hits as the board powers back up, but that would be an acceptable tradeoff to prevent the trunk from stopping.

Thanks again!

bhwolf

#343 3 years ago

IF I understand correct the power is never cut, it was designed to cut The signal... But i May be wrong....

Can we get a small indication IF some boards already has been shipped?

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Thank you Ingo! Just sent paypal for the all-in-one assembled board.
Question -- does this work well with the auto-eddy board? If I understand correctly, it may mean a delay in hits as the board powers back up, but that would be an acceptable tradeoff to prevent the trunk from stopping.
Thanks again!
bhwolf

It works perfect with the original auto-eddy board and with the pinbits auto-eddy board. Somewhere in this thread is written, that we changed the layout to cutting the signal-line instead of the power to the eddy-board. So no problems in any case.

#345 3 years ago

It works perfect with the original auto-eddy board and with the pinbits auto-eddy board. Somewhere in this thread is written, that we changed the layout to cutting the signal-line instead of the power to the eddy-board. So no problems in any case.

fantastic- this is great news. I have and love the pin-bits. error free, just right sensitive trunk!? worth every penny!

#346 3 years ago

Production is running and makes progress - it is more work, than I expected (only for the cables I have to do about 1200 presses for the wires) - but I am working very hard.

I will begin to ship gradually within this week, so therefore I beg you all still for a bit patience.

compDSCN2354.JPG

compDSCN2355.JPG

compDSCN2356.JPG

compDSCN2357.JPG

compDSCN2358.JPG

compDSCN2359.JPG

compDSCN2360.JPG

compDSCN2362.JPG

compDSCN2364.JPG

compDSCN2365.JPG

compDSCN2368.JPG

#347 3 years ago

WOW! Very cool. I am very impressed with all the work you have put into this. The price you are charging for assembly is very reasonable. I'm sure after you were bombarded with orders and got into assembly, you probably thought, "what was I thinking? This is going to take way more time than I imagined." Thanks for everything.

#348 3 years ago

This is one high quality looking board!

Payment sent.

Thank you Ingo!

#349 3 years ago

Lots of work but looks great. You might need to expand your workforce.

factory-workers.jpg

#350 3 years ago

Waiting patiently. Can't wait to get my hands on this board ToM is in the que for the next clean up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside