20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 8 years ago

cool nice job Ingo, I need one also.put me on the list. Nice job on the TZ board as well . no more problems with that! .. Thanks Tony

#252 8 years ago

I will take one combo board.

#253 8 years ago

Thanks for doing this needed mod. Sent Paypal and a PM to you.

#254 8 years ago

I'm in...payment sent for the all in one board.

#255 8 years ago

I somehow missed this thread before today - I'm in for the add on board. Thanks for making these!

#256 8 years ago

Thanks for doing this Ingo, payment sent...!

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

You have the wrong post. Should be a metal sleeve post without rubber. I never have issues and my game is dead nuts level and at 6.5

20151105_192121.jpg

This is the correct post as you have it in the picture no rubber on it. My game is HUO and its exactly the same. The mini post with the rubber is not factory.

#258 8 years ago

Ball gets trapped to the left of the trunk:

This was an issue early on.

The correct fix as per the factory hand out was to remove the screw from the T-nut next to the bare post.
Then add a new hollow stainless post through the T-nut from the top with a long screw and washer.
Then apply a nut on the end of the new longer post screw under the PF.
You can then put a rubber on the new post as it should look similar the existing one under the ramp edge.
If you get a hollow post with a notch for a rubber it will absorb most of the shocks and not bend.

You have to use a metal post, as a screw with a rubber sleeve, will not last under repeated hits from the ball.
If I get a chance Ill upload a photo if needed or you can email me.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This was an issue early on.
The correct fix as per the factory hand out was to remove the screw from the T-nut next to the bare post.
Then add a new hollow stainless post through the T-nut from the top with a long screw and washer.
Then apply a nut on the end of the new longer post screw under the PF.
You can then put a rubber on the new post as it should look similar the existing one under the ramp edge.
If you get a hollow post with a notch for a rubber it will absorb most of the shocks and not bend.
You have to use a metal post, as a screw with a rubber sleeve, will not last under repeated hits from the ball.
If I get a chance Ill upload a photo if needed or you can email me.

Hi,

Jpop clearly stated that this was a bad idea and not what the factory ever did. I'll have to find the post, but he was very clear, and since he was there, he would know.

Marc

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hi,
Jpop clearly stated that this was a bad idea and not what the factory ever did. I'll have to find the post, but he was very clear, and since he was there, he would know.
Marc

It's probably apparent to most following the Magic Girl/RAZA debacle that JPOP has little idea about anything. So I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

rd

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I've never once had a ball jam between trunk and post. But I'm seeing a lot of people post about this. My machine has a mod, I don't know who put it in or when. But it is a metal guide rail around the posts. No ball jams ever. I'll take a pic and post it later.

#262 8 years ago

Payment sent, great to have an all in one solution!

Thanks Ingo

-c

#263 8 years ago

I have had the Pinbits trunk eddy board for 7 years or so now and haven't had any issues. Is this new Ingo board something that I would need? I am trying to figure out if I may need it down the road or if the Pinbits trunk eddy board which has worked great for 7 years is all that I need.

What exactly does the new Ingo board fix that is not fixed by the Pinbits board? Sorry for the questions, but I just want to know if this is something that I will need down the road when these new Ingo boards are NLA in which case I will pick one up now.

Thanks.

Gord

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have had the Pinbits trunk eddy board for 7 years or so now and haven't had any issues. Is this new Ingo board something that I would need? I am trying to figure out if I may need it down the road or if the Pinbits trunk eddy board which has worked great for 7 years is all that I need.
What exactly does the new Ingo board fix that is not fixed by the Pinbits board? Sorry for the questions, but I just want to know if this is something that I will need down the road when these new Ingo boards are NLA in which case I will pick one up now.
Thanks.
Gord

pinbits does not sell a trunk-opto-board, you have the "pinbits auto eddy board", this board ist the best auto eddy board, you can get, but it solved another problem.

The problem, the Leon-Board solves, is perfectly shown and described in the video, canea made in post #57. If you have this error, you need the Leon board.

If you have installed the GLM trunk-opto-board, there is absolutly no need, to put in another trunk-opto-board, because the GLM board is very good and very reliable. Then you would also need the Leon-board and mount it on top of the GLM trunk-opto-board.

If you have installed the original trunk-opto-board (not so reliable), you have the following options:
1.) leave it in and hope, that is does not make trouble and mount the Leon-board on top of the original trunk-opto-board or
2.) take a GLM trunk-opto-board and mount the Leon-board on top of the GLM trunk-opto-board
3.) take my single trunk-opto board + the Leon-board and mount the Leon-board on top of the new trunk-opto-board
4.) take the combo-board and install it

Hope, that helps.

#265 8 years ago

Payment sent Thanks Ingo.

#266 8 years ago

Payment sent.

-G

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

pinbits does not sell a trunk-opto-board, you have the "pinbits auto eddy board", this board ist the best auto eddy board, you can get, but it solved another problem.
The problem, the Leon-Board solves, is perfectly shown and described in the video, canea made in post #57. If you have this error, you need the Leon board.
If you have installed the GLM trunk-opto-board, there is absolutly no need, to put in another trunk-opto-board, because the GLM board is very good and very reliable. Then you would also need the Leon-board and mount it on top of the GLM trunk-opto-board.
If you have installed the original trunk-opto-board (not so reliable), you have the following options:
1.) leave it in and hope, that is does not make trouble and mount the Leon-board on top of the original trunk-opto-board or
2.) take a GLM trunk-opto-board and mount the Leon-board on top of the GLM trunk-opto-board
3.) take my single trunk-opto board + the Leon-board and mount the Leon-board on top of the new trunk-opto-board
4.) take the combo-board and install it
Hope, that helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation and pointing me to the video in post # 57 as a reference for the issue.

Gord

#268 8 years ago

payment sent, thx for this great solution and the explanations!
Marc

#269 8 years ago

Ordered a single leon board. Now I can start whacking the trunk without errors!

#270 8 years ago

Payment sent for the Penultimate Trunk mod combo!!! Thanks a lot Ingo.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I've never once had a ball jam between trunk and post. But I'm seeing a lot of people post about this. My machine has a mod, I don't know who put it in or when. But it is a metal guide rail around the posts. No ball jams ever. I'll take a pic and post it later.

The ball can get past the post under the ramp during an aggressive game.
The trunk turns which leaves a tiny amount of space between the post and trunk.
If a ball hits exactly this area at exactly the right time, the trunk will actually help move the ball into the area and it will not come out even if the trunk moves back and forth.

One would think that this would be a rare occurrence, as it would have to be an exact precision event.
I have had it happen quite a few times, and have seen balls trapped there on route when the games were in the field.

I have seen the wire mod, it indeed fixes this problem. So does the added post. The wire looks cooler though.

I thought the added post would change the dynamics of the game and get more bounces straight down the drain, but this is not the case on my game at least. It plays much the same and no more ball traps, and it was a cheap 10 min fix.

#272 8 years ago

nice work german pinball. i think Leon (RIP!) would approve =D.

#273 8 years ago

Paid for combo board. Thanks.

#274 8 years ago

Excellent work! Ordered the combo board and sent payment. Thank you Ingo and to everyone that contributed to this product.

#275 8 years ago

Payment sent for all-in-one board.

Thanks so much Ingo!

#276 8 years ago

Another payment sent for an all-in-one board.

Thanks Ingo and others for a great solution!

#277 8 years ago

Payment sent for single board.
Thanks Ingo

#278 8 years ago

In and paid for Tom combo board. Thanks, Looking forward to receiving it!

#279 8 years ago

Just ordered mine. If you are not on the list I got the impression that you can still get one (or more) of these.

#280 8 years ago

I just ordered mine thank you for making this.

#281 8 years ago

Bump for a great Mod...Ingo, can't thank you enough for doing this.

#282 8 years ago

Ingo - Thanks for the detailed response on which board to get. Lots of activity here since my last visit. Payment sent. Woot!

#283 8 years ago

Payment sent for the Leon add-on board. Nice work! Looking forward to installing on my TOM.

#284 8 years ago

Hi Ingo,

Payment sent for TOM combo board and TZ clock board.

Thanks.

Gord

#285 8 years ago

Hello Ingo,

Payment sent for the 4 all-in-one combo boards, the test board as well as the Leon add-on board DIY kits...

Thanks for all the work you put in to make this board and fix this problem for us all.

Robert

#286 8 years ago

Payment sent for one assembled all-in-one board. Thanks for making the new boards available for everyone!!

-- Shawn

#287 8 years ago

Did I miss where to send payment?

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

Did I miss where to send payment?

Youd did not, you should only read post #225

#289 8 years ago

Youd did not, you should only read post #225

I thought so too at first, but the actual paypal address is nowhere to be found, or I should get my eyes checked. I just asked in PM. I won't share it here myself, that's up to you

#290 8 years ago

Paypal sent for ~

Complete ( soldered ) - Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------58,00 USD

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to fix a glaring factory issue.

#291 8 years ago

You may want to post your PayPal address in the earlier post #225.
(Unless I missed it earlier)

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

You may want to post your PayPal address in the earlier post #225.
(Unless I missed it earlier)

PM Ingo directly - he will give you the paypal address there.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

PM Ingo directly - he will give you the paypal address there.

All is cleared up with Cal50.

There is a reason, why I did not post my paypal-account and my e-mail-adress in post #255. I do now want to be flooded with hundreds of spam-mails with content credits from Nigeria, penis extension, fuc...offers from Russian girls etc. ...

Cheers

Ingo

#294 8 years ago

Payment sent 59.60 EUR for combo soldered . Thanks, Ingo

#295 8 years ago

All is cleared up with Cal50.
There is a reason, why I did not post my paypal-account and my e-mail-adress in post #255. I do now want to be flooded with hundreds of spam-mails with content credits from Nigeria, penis extension, fuc...offers from Russian girls etc. ...
Cheers
Ingo

I figured as much.
Amazing how bots and scammers find email addresses...

Thx and looking forward to the board.

#296 8 years ago

Paypal sent for Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. thanks for doing this!

#297 8 years ago

Thanks for doing this. I own a beautiful TOM and it will now be free of this issue.
Ordered

#298 8 years ago

Thanks Ingo! Looking forward to getting my TZ and TOM rock solid.

#299 8 years ago

Just paid for the integrated $54.00USD board plus shipping.

Thanks Ingo!

#300 8 years ago

Just sent money through PayPal. 1 Leon only board and 1 integrated board, completely soldered.... plus shipping!

Thanks again for making this available to us!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Wanted
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/6?hl=ultrapeepi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.