20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 8 years ago

Thanks, but we all know who the really brilliant one is - I can barely push buttons on my camera let alone understand how to build something like this. I'm just lucky enough to get to try these out. I had a nice, long game on ToM last night, to wizard mode and beyond with no worry whatsoever about the trunk shutting down halfway through. Really makes all the difference and makes a great game that much greater.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

By the way:
Production will start in about 3-4 days

Congratulations, Ingo. This is amazing, the power of community and crowdsourcing. Can't wait to try out the boards in my ToM.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

I have a question, a few times during multi-ball I have had a ball that gets stuck on the right side of the trunk and center ramp. When this happens it locks the trunk and I have to turn off the game to fix it. Will this mod reverse the trunk so the ball will come out or will I still have to turn off the game to get the ball out. I am still on board to purchase your trunk error mod.

This logic could be built into the opto board: "If trunk between rest points for more than X seconds, perform a quick reverse and forward jog"

Seems simple enough.... If you add a logic circuit to the opto board....

PS> Still want to see a SINGLE/Combo board rather than two boards...

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

This logic could be built into the opto board: "If trunk between rest points for more than X seconds, perform a quick reverse and forward jog"
Seems simple enough.... If you add a logic circuit to the opto board...

Maybe, but I've never seen trunk movement free the ball when it gets truly stuck. Ball search does spin the trunk and the only result is grinding badness, not a released ball. Maybe would work if it spun a certain way (whatever the opposite of ball search is)?

There's only one way to find out. Someone needs to jam a ball in there and run the trunk test. Not it!

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Maybe, but I've never seen trunk movement free the ball when it gets truly stuck. Ball search does spin the trunk and the only result is grinding badness, not a released ball. Maybe would work if it spun a certain way (whatever the opposite of ball search is)?
There's only one way to find out. Someone needs to jam a ball in there and run the trunk test. Not it!

If the ball can get stuck, it can get unstuck... I hope.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

PS> Still want to see a SINGLE/Combo board rather than two boards..

I am working on the SINGLE/Combo board too and will let produce a few of them too.

As canea said in a previous post, the new trunk-opto board works perfect, but there were some physical sizing issues, because I do not have a ToM myself; only of few 1/10mm, but the board must sit perfect in the mounting holes. Also the size on the right side had to be done smaller, because it was to near to the motor. I worked the whole day (because the board has to become a bit smaller, I had to route many traces new) today and I am nearly ready.

Canea was so kind, to print out the new layout on a piece of paper and mounted the paper print-out on very stiff cardboard exactly the thickness of a circuit board. So, when he made the vertical cut in it so he wouldn't have to take the trunk wiring out to get it on, there was no distortion in size. Great work and very very helpful!!!!!

I hope, that I am ready tomorrow, so that I can order the boards in 2-3 days.

Here are some pics of the work in progress of the SINGLE/Combo board:

02_11_2015 comp.JPG02_11_2015 comp.JPG

mockup.jpgmockup.jpg

#207 8 years ago

Short update:

canea made a third mock-up and now the board fits perfect in the mounting holes.

On Friday the final layout will be ready and the boards will go into production.

mockup3-3.jpgmockup3-3.jpg

mockup3-4.jpgmockup3-4.jpg

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

pic

trunk.jpg

You have the wrong post. Should be a metal sleeve post without rubber. I never have issues and my game is dead nuts level and at 6.5

20151105_192121.jpg20151105_192121.jpg

#209 8 years ago

That is not the correct post. It would be a mini post with a small rubber. I actually asked Jpop about it years ago.

Marc

#210 8 years ago

So guys, the FINAL layout for both boards is ready now.

Trunk opto board with Leon integrated (TOP VIEW):

TOP VIEW comp.JPGTOP VIEW comp.JPG

Trunk opto board with Leon integrated (BOTTOM VIEW):

BOTTOM VIEW comp.JPGBOTTOM VIEW comp.JPG

Leon board single (TOP VIEW):

Leon TOP VIEW.JPGLeon TOP VIEW.JPG

Leon board single (BOTTOM VIEW):

Leon BOTTOM VIEW.JPGLeon BOTTOM VIEW.JPG

I hope, you like it.

#211 8 years ago

this will be a great addition to the game!!! cant wait to get my hands on 1!!

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That is not the correct post. It would be a mini post with a small rubber. I actually asked Jpop about it years ago.
Marc

ah, well go to my setup if you want to be issue free . I've had it this way on 2 different ToMs.

-c

#213 8 years ago

I'm not sure which board I would like, The all in one board is the most sexy, but does it block any serviceable items?

-c

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

ah, well go to my setup if you want to be issue free . I've had it this way on 2 different ToMs.
-c

More than one way to solve it!

Marc

#215 8 years ago

Great effort guys and let me know where to send my money

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

More than one way to solve it!
Marc

what is your solution? we've seen the hose mod above, and my metal post.

-c

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

what is your solution? we've seen the hose mod above, and my metal post.
-c

image.jpgimage.jpg

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I'm not sure which board I would like, The all in one board is the most sexy, but does it block any serviceable items?
-c

Haha - if you find the board sexy, what will you say until you see a particularly pretty woman?

If you look at post #186 and look at canea´s pics, you will see, that there are no servicable items blocked in any way.

#219 8 years ago

If you go with the 'add-on' board, the same area under the board will be blocked - you'll have to remove two hex nuts to remove the add-on board to get access to what's underneath it.

if you go with the all-in-one combo board, you'll have to remove 4 hex nuts to get at whatever is under it.

Really not much of an argument to sway me.... price might be the only argument, but we don't know that yet.

Regardless of price, I'm going to be purchasing the all-in-one / combo board - in my opinion I get:
(a) a cleaner solution.
(b) newer/cleaner/better optos (hopefully same type that GLM uses on their trough opto boards)
and perhaps the best benefit --
(c) a spare 'original' trunk opto board - to preserve and use in the future if ever needed. Worth $40 bucks itself per Marco Spec.

-Brian

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

If you go with the 'add-on' board, the same area under the board will be blocked - you'll have to remove two hex nuts to remove the add-on board to get access to what's underneath it.
if you go with the all-in-one combo board, you'll have to remove 4 hex nuts to get at whatever is under it.

Would it be better, to put the Leon extension to the bottom of the board, as (very bad painted by me) seen in the attached file?

other position.jpgother position.jpg

So what do you guys think, is this a better position? Problem could be the length of the wires coming from the CPU-board, that are the wires, that are now connected to the eddy-board.

If you think, that this is a better position, make your suggestions. As far as the pcb are not ordered, I can change still all.

If you want a mockup for testing that, I could upload a pdf-file for printing and then you hold it in the position - simply let me know.

#221 8 years ago

Would it be better, to put the Leon extension to the bottom of the board, as (very bad painted by me) seen in the attached file?
other position.jpg
So what do you guys think, is this a better position? Problem could be the length of the wires coming from the CPU-board, that are the wires, that are now connected to the eddy-board.
If you think, that this is a better position, make your suggestions. As far as the pcb are not ordered, I can change still all.
If you want a mockup for testing that, I could upload a pdf-file for printing and then you hold it in the position - simply let me know.

I thought of positioning the Leon fix part on the opposite side, but I too thought the length of the connecting wires would be an issue.
Followed by .... who cares..... it's a question of 2 nuts or 4 nuts. If that's a problem for anyone, they must be NUTS and shouldn't purchase either solution.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

I thought of positioning the Leon fix part on the opposite side, but I too thought the length of the connecting wires would be an issue.
Followed by .... who cares..... it's a question of 2 nuts or 4 nuts. If that's a problem for anyone, they shouldn't purchase either solution.

As I do not always want to bother canea, here is the mockup. If you want, you can print and cut it with a scissors and test, if it fits better. Unfortunately I have no ToM.

new mockup.pdfnew mockup.pdf

#223 8 years ago

Tried this configuration today and can say that it won't work. Or to be more precise, it COULD work, but would require lengthening or modifying the original eddy connector wiring along with longer wiring for the two new connectors. Ingo is looking for a plug-and-play solution, and having to untangle and maybe lengthen existing wiring isn't easy. As I told Ingo, detaching and attaching nuts to the opto board in a ToM is the easiest part of this whole procedure, and most of the work lies in unwiring the trunk, etc. so there's little benefit in flipping the board.

leonbottom1.jpgleonbottom1.jpg

#224 8 years ago

Please add me to the list for the new boards being designed and created in this effort. Nice work guys. Great time to be into pinball!

#225 8 years ago

So guys, finally it will go into production now.

I have ordered today:

100 boards "single-Leon-board"
100 boards "new trunk-opto board with Leon integrated
100 boards "new single trunk-opto-board

I have calculated the prices and these are as follows:

BOARDS COMPLETE SOLDERED:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 25,00 USD = 23,50 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------58,00 USD = 54,00 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------40,00 USD = 37,15 EUR

BOARDS AS DIY-sets:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 20,00 USD = 18,60 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------50,00 USD = 46,50 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------35,00 USD = 32,60 EUR

+ 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR shipping worldwide / inside EU.
Please do not forget to add the shipping costs!!!!!

I have ordered the boards as said before and all parts for at first 50 PCBs, as I do not know, how many of you still want to have a board.
As I had costs of about 1.500,00 USD up to now for the parts and the boards, it would be great, if everbody, who is still in this project, could pay in advance. Payment should be done via paypal.

The time window is a follows:
2-3 weeks, until the boards are here, 1 week soldering the boards, so that I could latest ship in about 4 weeks, but I think, it will be a bit earlier, namely in 3 weeks.

In the next 2 weeks, I will make a soldering guide / instructions for the DIYers between us and an installation guide for the Leon-board.

There is also available a little test-board for the trunk-opto-board (could be interesting for the DIYers). With this board, you can test the trunk-opto-board "offline" on the bench, you only need to connect the test-board to a +12VDC power-source and can test everything.
Price for this little test-board is 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR.

The test board looks like this:

Trunk Opto TEST-BOARD.JPGTrunk Opto TEST-BOARD.JPG

The list of all, who have shown interest, is in post #83 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/2#post-2648292).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, please guys, check, if you are still interested and what board/boards you want. Send me a PM. Important: If you pay by paypal, please give the following informations:
- your pinside name
- what kind of board/boards you want
- your adress

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you have any questions, please to not hesitate, to ask me or post it here.

To avoid confusion for me, I will always update the list in post #83 and add a (*) behind the name, who paid, thats the simpliest way for me, because I only need to execute the list.

Cheers

Ingo

PS.:
Short hint: If you use the GLM trunk-opto-board, there is NO need, to take a new trunk-opto-board. The GLM board is a very good board, that was the only one, that solved all problems of the original board.

#226 8 years ago

Woohoo, Ingo! Dream becoming a reality.

EvanDickson, any chance you could edit the title of the thread to indicate that pricing info, etc. has been added?

#227 8 years ago

Just ordered mine

#228 8 years ago

Just ordered mine. I am so excited about this!

Marc

#229 8 years ago

I ordered mine as well. Thanks Ingo for bringing this project to fruition. It will resolve a long-standing issue that I seem to run into almost every game.

#230 8 years ago

It's as if Pinside was calling to me. I just ordered mine. Well done, Ingo.

P.S... Ordered two Leon boards, one opto, and one integrated.

#231 8 years ago

Ordered. Thank you, Ingo!

#232 8 years ago

I think, as the final version, I will take "version2" (cut the signal line), because it´s the bit "cleaner" design and we have full compabilty with the original eddy board and also with the super pinbits auto-eddy-board.

Ingo, just to clarify, did you end up making this change to cut the signal line vs. power?

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ingo, just to clarify, did you end up making this change to cut the signal line vs. power?

SURE, signal line is cut in the final version, this is the much much better/"cleaner" way to go with - though both versions work, as canea´s videos demonstrated.

#234 8 years ago

Thanks Ingo!

I just placed my order and looking forward to getting it. Double thanks for all the work in designing the boards and putting the payment down for manufacturing. It is a serious outlay of cash for the benefit of the pinball community.

#235 8 years ago

Paid for 2 boards.

Maybe PM the Mods or the OP and have the thread title changed to "TOM Trunk Fix - now available"

Dave.

#236 8 years ago

I ordered one (1) of the "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated".

Thanks so much to Ingo and everyone else associated with this project. TOM has really needed a solution to this trunk error since day one.

Jeff R.

#237 8 years ago

WoooooHoooooo!!!!!!!! My ToM has done this intermittently for years and I never knew how or why. I am so excited to get this fixed. I just ordered and paid for 1 of the completed "Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated".

Thanks so much.

#238 8 years ago

Yes I still want your board. My Pinside name is Bskinner46. I want the Trunk Opto-Board with Leon Integrated board at a cost of $58.00 for the board and $6.00 for shipping to the US. I do have a PayPal account to pay you as soon as I get your PayPal account.
Bob Skinner
4936 Sandestin Drive
Dallas, Texas 75287

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

Yes I still want your board. My Pinside name is Bskinner46

Probably best to send German-Pinball a PM rather than putting your details up here ....

rd

#240 8 years ago

Looks like a good product to have

#241 8 years ago

Why are there three options to order? Which one should I get?

UPDATE: I'm thinking "new trunk-opto board with Leon integrated". Which would be the all in one, premium option, with newly designed opto board and Leon fix integrated inside it. Assume this is a plug and play. Remove the old board, replace with new, good to go.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Why are there three options to order? Which one should I get?
UPDATE: I'm thinking "new trunk-opto board with Leon integrated". Which would be the all in one, premium option, with newly designed opto board and Leon fix integrated inside it. Assume this is a plug and play. Remove the old board, replace with new, good to go.

YES, you are aboslutly correct. The "all in one" board is the "premium" option, with newly designed opto board and Leon fix integrated inside it. Plug & Play. Remove the old board, replace with new, good to go - installation guide is in work.

Sorry for the confusion.

Here are the 3 available boards (not true to scale):

Single Leon-board

Leon single.JPGLeon single.JPG

Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated

LEON KOMBI comp.JPGLEON KOMBI comp.JPG

Single trunk-opto board

trunk single comp.JPGtrunk single comp.JPG

Tester

TESTER.JPGTESTER.JPG

Hope, all is a bit clearer now.

#243 8 years ago

Payment sent for:

2x Combo
2x Leon Only

Thanks Ingo!

#244 8 years ago

Payment sent for one completed Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. Thanks for doing this Ingo!

#245 8 years ago

Payment sent for an assembled combo board. Thanks Ingo, I look forward to trying this out in my machine.

#246 8 years ago

Payment sent for single Leon board - thanks!

#247 8 years ago

Payment sent for trunk opto board with Leon integrated.
Thanks

#248 8 years ago

Payment sent for:

5x leon board only
5x trunk board only
1x combo board

Thanks for doing all this Ingo and can't wait to install them in our games!

#249 8 years ago

Payment sent for Trunk Opto board with Leon integrated.
Thanks

#250 8 years ago

Don't have a TOM but, again, Ingo comes to the rescue!!

Great work to all who contributed to this great solution

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.