Topic Stats

• 783 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 201 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B8989610-FE1D-411F-8A39-0917BA32624E (resized).jpeg
20190217_124203 (resized).jpg
IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
Trunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPG
Cable (resized).jpg
20181208_130847 (resized).jpg
20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_3529a (resized).jpg
trunk_board_installed (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 1 year ago

Just ordered a Opto-Board with Leon integrated can't wait for it to show up so i can stop clearing errors every other game

3 weeks later
#752 11 months ago

I also just ordered this board combo. Will be nice to have this issued fixed for good!

1 month later
#753 10 months ago

Finally- a final fix for this annoying problem. Order received and installing it now. Thanks, Ingo!

#754 10 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I have installed Leons add on board as I already the GLM opto board. Took time to clean motor as well, but I still get the trunk to stop sometimes and wont fix until a reboot. I have the aluminum disk as well. Think its the GLM board and I should order leons complete package? or am I missing something else.

I also installed Ingo's latest combo-board in my TOM (1.4h), thanks Ingo

I also cleaned & regreased the trunk gears and installed the aluminium opto breaker.
Eddy board is the still original one.

Trunk test in the test menu works nicely, also most of the time during a game.

Sometimes the trunk locks up and doesn't move anymore, i have to open up the test menu and clear the trunk "Motor error" / reset the game
After this the trunk works again, until the next lockup.

I don't think this is a problem with ingo's board. Could the motor be at its end?
Or could this be a problem with the original eddy board? The boards works when i test it, also every hit on the trunk is recognized.

Ingo's board is installed/wired correctly.

Any ideas what could be the issue of this cause?

@bsbdmd83 Any luck with your problem?

1 week later
#755 9 months ago

Bump for a good cause! Ordered one and am excited to clear up this issue.

#756 9 months ago

Just ordered the combo board, looking forward to this fix, thank you!

#757 9 months ago

A couple pages back I saw $70, is that the current price?

3 weeks later
#758 8 months ago

Received my trunk fix about an hour ago.
Took about 10 mins to install.
The directions a few pages back, but the cliff notes are:
Install with the extended side of the board up (or over the subway).
On the motor plug I had to extract one of the keys to fit.
A connector that comes from the center of the trunk needs to be depinned to come out, just used a flathead screw driver.
Pretty easy.

Only played a few games, appears to work correctly (also tested with the glass off and using the ball in hand).
Well worth the $78 I payed shipped.
I'm not sure how anyone plays this game without it.
It's a really fast pin and it's extremely likely you hit the trunk while it's turning during a good game.
And when that happens the game is ruined.

#759 8 months ago

Has anyone had issues continued issues after installing the combo board? Send me a DM if you have any ideas of what I should be checking, thanks!

1 month later
#760 7 months ago

What is the purpose of the D1 and D2 diodes?
Rectify AC voltage caused by motor turning?

1 week later
#761 7 months ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

What is the purpose of the D1 and D2 diodes?
Rectify AC voltage caused by motor turning?

See here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this#post-2643044

#762 7 months ago

I just ordered a board. This trunk problem has ruined a lot of games, so I am glad there is finally a fix.

3 months later
#763 3 months ago

Thanks Ingo for still selling these after all this time! Hopefully the international mailing issues get cleared up soon and we can get back to life as usual.

1 week later
#764 3 months ago

I just picked up this game and have the problem with the trunk - hitting when moving

is this " Leon " fix still available to buy? (if so where?)

whats the difference between that and this opto board from Ministry of pinball:
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/theatre-of-magic-trunk-opto-board.html

thanks,
m

#765 3 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I just picked up this game and have the problem with the trunk - hitting when moving
thanks,
m

Contact German pinball a couple posts above yours.

#766 3 months ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Contact German pinball a couple posts above yours.

thanks - I've sent several messages but haven't heard back as of yet.

#767 3 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

thanks - I've sent several messages but haven't heard back as of yet.

I will contact you this evening!!!!!

2 weeks later
#768 77 days ago

I sent a message

#769 77 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

thanks,
m

after never hearing from German-pinball, I ordered the trunk opto board from ministry pinball .
does anyone know what auto adjusting eddy board (trunk area) is available to purchase and will it
work with the trunk board that I ordered?
thanks
Mike

#770 77 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

after never hearing from German-pinball, I ordered the trunk opto board from ministry pinball .
does anyone know what auto adjusting eddy board (trunk area) is available to purchase and will it
work with the trunk board that I ordered?
thanks
Mike

He does take some time to get back sometimes...but here is a link to the auto eddy board and yes it can be used with the updated trunk board. https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_33&products_id=375&zenid=9bf51d7640b65bfd180006ab3568a6a8

2 weeks later
#772 57 days ago

I sent him a message 3 weeks ago, still waiting for a reply

#773 55 days ago

Is this problem not also fixed in the latest 'unofficial' software update?

2 weeks later
#774 41 days ago

I sent him a message 5 weeks ago, still waiting for a reply.

#775 39 days ago

Thnx for posting this, pinbits is always out of stock

3 weeks later
#776 12 days ago

Do you know if this works for both the trunk and the outlanes? I have a friend needing all three boards, but can't seem to catch them in stock from Pinbits. Also trying to get in touch with Ingo for an upgraded board, but with no luck like everyone else.

#777 12 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Do you know if this works for both the trunk and the outlanes? I have a friend needing all three boards, but can't seem to catch them in stock from Pinbits. Also trying to get in touch with Ingo for an upgraded board, but with no luck like everyone else.

Nevermind on the eddy board compatibility. I just found in the manual, and they have it listed as a replacement for both parts.

#778 12 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Nevermind on the eddy board compatibility. I just found in the manual, and they have it listed as a replacement for both parts.

Its supposed to be faster responding with a little bit better accuracy than the pinbits.
I have the pinbits sets, I havent tested the AU one yet.

#779 12 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its supposed to be faster responding with a little bit better accuracy than the pinbits.
I have the pinbits sets, I havent tested the AU one yet.

I sent the link to my friend. I told him I would install the new boards for him. I'll test and report back.
Edit: The pinbits boards have been excellent for me, so I'm not sure how anything could really be better.

1 week later
#780 5 days ago

I know this is a VERY old post.....

I purchased the "ultimate trunk error hardware fix kit" years ago, and I'm finally getting around to installing it.

Does anyone have a link to the installation instructions? I can't seem to find mine.

#781 2 days ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I purchased the "ultimate trunk error hardware fix kit" years ago, and I'm finally getting around to installing it.
Does anyone have a link to the installation instructions? I can't seem to find mine.

I don’t recall having instructions when I installed mine. I think it was pretty straight forward plug and play basically.

#782 2 days ago

I don't fully remember how I installed it, but you will have to depin a connector. That's the only part of any significance.

#783 2 days ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I don't fully remember how I installed it, but you will have to depin a connector. That's the only part of any significance.

That's odd, I didn't have to de-pin any connectors. But now that you say that it seems like there was a connector that served as an adjustment to the original configuration.

Quoted from indypinhead:

Let me know if you need me to upload some pics of the installed product.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside