20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

... Can I unplug the pinbits board and plug it into this? ...

NO NO, you cannot do that.

See the installation guide in post #458 please!!!!!!

#702 5 years ago

Ok, if I follow the instructions on post #458 it will act as the eddy board though?

#703 5 years ago

Ok, if I follow the instructions on post #458 it will act as the eddy board though?

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

#704 5 years ago

Ok, that's all I needed to know. I need a new auto eddy board then I believe.
Thanks

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

Ok, that's all I needed to know. I need a new auto eddy board then I believe.
Thanks

my fault, correct is the following:

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does NOT replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

2 weeks later
#706 5 years ago

Finally got around to taking some pics of the Leon board. I already had the GLM opto board and it appears to be working correctly. Checked the connections from the Leon board to the power motor board and the pinbits new eddy board I have and they look fine. Even took out the motor and cleaned and regreased ( Had a new motor as well). I am still getting the trunk to stop sometimes and it wont resolve unless I reboot the game.

Could it be a bad GLM opto board? Should I buy the Leon board to go with the Leon addon board? Ideas?

Thanks

20181208_130808 (resized).jpg20181208_130808 (resized).jpg20181208_130824 (resized).jpg20181208_130824 (resized).jpg20181208_130847 (resized).jpg20181208_130847 (resized).jpg
#707 5 years ago

A little off topic, but is Pinbits out of business? I've been trying to contact them about a new Eddy board and have been getting zero response. I think mine is taking false hits when the trunk turns around for multi-ball.

#708 5 years ago

Their website says happy holidays 2017 so that doesnt look good. Not sure if Pams email still works

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Their website says happy holidays 2017 so that doesnt look good. Not sure if Pams email still works

I placed an order yesterday, money was taken out of my account.....I’ve since called and emailed-no contact made

#710 5 years ago

Did you check the optos om the GLM-Board? The board has controll-LEDs, are these working??

Do you know anybody, who has my combo-board and you can check with this? Then you know, if it is the opto board or the eddy-board ...

#711 5 years ago

The leds are all correct on the GLM board as far as I can tell

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

The leds are all correct on the GLM board as far as I can tell

All I can offer you, is to send you my combo-board and you test it with my board.

You can send the board then back to me later ...

#713 5 years ago

What a great offer from German-Pinball. You never go wrong dealing with Ingo.

#714 5 years ago

That is a great offer,but doesnt seen fair to you. What is the cost of your board Ingo?

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

That is a great offer,but doesnt seen fair to you. What is the cost of your board Ingo?

No problem for me. My costs would only be the shipping costs, if you send the board back; your risk would only be the costs for sending the board back.

You can test with my combo-board extensivly and you know, if the fault is with your GLM board or with the eddy-board.

By the way: Price for my combo-board is USD 68,00 including shipping, but you must wait 1 week, before I can ship, because I am out of stock and new board will arrive in 4 days here .....

#716 5 years ago

Well lets give it a try and hopefully it works and I'll send you payment. I appreciate you and I am hopeful this will work otherwise I have no clue.
I'll send my info by PM

#717 5 years ago

Trunk Eddy boards are back in stock at Pinbits if anyone here needs one. I've got one ordered as well as a Trunk board from Ingo. It will be nice not having to mess with the Trunk after every handful of plays.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from nepinplayer:

Trunk Eddy boards are back in stock at Pinbits if anyone here needs one. I've got one ordered as well as a Trunk board from Ingo. It will be nice not having to mess with the Trunk after every handful of plays.

Most of the time you can just solder a new pot on the board and that takes care of that problem. I did mine and they work great now, cost about $1.68 per board.

1 week later
#719 5 years ago

@all:

Anybody here, who could do me a big favour please - I need your help.

I have lost the mold, with that I cut the length of the 2 cables, I provide with my board. I also did not document the length.

Could anybody, who bought my board please measure the lenght and tell me the result in cm please.

THANKS!!!!!

We speak about these 2 cables:

Trunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPGTrunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPG

Cable (resized).jpgCable (resized).jpg

#720 5 years ago

Looks like the shorter 2 wire cable is 15.5 cm and the 4 wire cable is 18 cm. That is from end of wire to end of wire.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#721 5 years ago
Quoted from TheWiz:

Looks like the shorter 2 wire cable is 15.5 cm and the 4 wire cable is 18 cm. That is from end of wire to end of wire.
[quoted image]

THANKS my friend!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#722 5 years ago

A little off topic, but is Pinbits out of business? I've been trying to contact them about a new Eddy board and have been getting zero response. I think mine is taking false hits when the trunk turns around for multi-ball.

A Smart eddy board is available from http://tanglestech.com. It is suitable for use on the out-lanes and the trunk.

http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-Eddy-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html

You might also be getting noise from the motor interfering with the eddy. There is also a redesigned motor controller board with improved noise suppression.

http://tanglestech.com/DC-Motor-Control-Board--Replaces-A-16120_p_17.html

#723 5 years ago

Yesterday I have soldered 3 new boards.

Price is 70,00 USD including shipping worldwide.

Next month, the board will become a bit more expensive, as the prices for the wide-slot optos raised much.

Take the chance now ... simply send me PM.

- Ingo

IMG_5877 (resized).JPGIMG_5877 (resized).JPG

PS.:
Top right, you see my newest PCB - Bally 6803 Keypad

2 weeks later
#724 5 years ago

I have just finished a playfield swap on my TOM and I have just ordered one of these boards. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a monster scoring game and the trunk locking up. This board is a must for all TOM owners. The big optos and robust build should give trouble free game play. Great stuff Ingo, and if it is anything like your TZ clock board it will run trouble free.

1 week later
#725 5 years ago

Just ordered one of Ingo's TOM Opto boards! Cant wait to get it, looks like a very well designed solution. Thanks Ingo!

#726 5 years ago

My board arrived yesterday, and I got to finally play a faultless game on my TOM. Its probably the first time where the trunk has not locked up. How good is it when this beautiful game plays as it was intended to. Bravo Ingo, this trunk board has solved a long time fault and added the icing on a Popa gem. Just as the clock board in my TZ runs error free, this trunk board is a game changer for TOM owners.
Terry.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Just ordered one of Ingo's TOM Opto boards! Cant wait to get it, looks like a very well designed solution. Thanks Ingo!

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo!

20190217_124203 (resized).jpg20190217_124203 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo![quoted image]

I thank you very much for the praise and feedback, my friend!!!!

1 week later
#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo![quoted image]

Seeing that huge crack in the black plastic opto interruptor I really think you should get the replacement one made in metal instead.

2 weeks later
#730 5 years ago

PM#d german-pinball for a Ultimate tom trunk opto board.
Looks perfect.

#731 5 years ago

Has anyone had any contact with german-pinball recently?

#732 5 years ago

For someone just joining this thread with a TOM that works can you explain all of the various boards and items in this thread?

From what I understand, Ingo's board replaces the original trunk control board that manages the movement of the trunk?

I saw the auto eddy boards (which I think work for the outlanes and trunk) here: http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-“Eddy”-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html

Not sure if this is something that would also be needed: http://tanglestech.com/DC-Motor-Control-Board--Replaces-A-16120_p_17.html

It sounds like if my eddy boards start having problems with the pots those can just be replaced. Or I can go with the auto eddy board posted above. If the trunk has problems moving then the Ingo board would be used for that.

I want to get any parts which may be hard to come by later so I'm considering ordering one of the Ingo boards just to do that. I also have the replace the old plastic interrupter (I have the metal one) so maybe swapping out this board is good at the same time?

Thoughts on what to get (and hold on to just in case) and anything to do now (even if the game is working properly)?

I also have the updated ROM that does the outlane save (when the magnet fails to grab the ball), is that the same code version we are talking about that handles the door open/close reset trunk for tournament play?

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

For someone just joining this thread with a TOM that works can you explain all of the various boards and items in this thread?
From what I understand, Ingo's board replaces the original trunk control board that manages the movement of the trunk?
I saw the auto eddy boards (which I think work for the outlanes and trunk) here: http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-“Eddy”-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html
Not sure if this is something that would also be needed: http://tanglestech.com/DC-Motor-Control-Board--Replaces-A-16120_p_17.html
It sounds like if my eddy boards start having problems with the pots those can just be replaced. Or I can go with the auto eddy board posted above. If the trunk has problems moving then the Ingo board would be used for that.
I want to get any parts which may be hard to come by later so I'm considering ordering one of the Ingo boards just to do that. I also have the replace the old plastic interrupter (I have the metal one) so maybe swapping out this board is good at the same time?
Thoughts on what to get (and hold on to just in case) and anything to do now (even if the game is working properly)?
I also have the updated ROM that does the outlane save (when the magnet fails to grab the ball), is that the same code version we are talking about that handles the door open/close reset trunk for tournament play?

You absolutely want the auto-eddy boards for the outlanes and the trunk.
They respond faster and need no adjustment ever.

The replacement trunk opto board has to do with a problem of the trunk malfuntioning if it is hit while its running.
This happens a lot during multiballs.

You get a trunk error that once cleared goes back to normal

The trunk will just stop. and not operate again until its manually turned and the game power cycled.

This is especially annoying with games on location, the trunk is always dead.

The trunk logic is enhanced to fix several problems with the unit.

The Ingo board is also more robust and quicker responding, with more accurate optics.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You absolutely want the auto-eddy boards for the outlanes and the trunk.
They respond faster and need no adjustment ever.
The replacement trunk opto board has to do with a problem of the trunk malfuntioning if it is hit while its running.
This happens a lot during multiballs.
You get a trunk error that once cleared goes back to normal
The trunk will just stop. and not operate again until its manually turned and the game power cycled.
This is especially annoying with games on location, the trunk is always dead.
The trunk logic is enhanced to fix several problems with the unit.
The Ingo board is also more robust and quicker responding, with more accurate optics.

Thank you!

I'll still order Ingo's board, but never had a problem with my trunk at all. So that's good.. and I have my eddys adjusted pretty good so not sure I am going to do that. I'll consider.. it was like $70 a board, so that's a lot.

#735 5 years ago

recently purchased a TOM with the trunk opto issues. the opto interruptor is all hot glued together currently and some nasty screw is used instead of the set screw.

Have ordered a full board from German pinball and looking forward to installing it as well as the upgrade aluminium opto interruptor from marco

#736 5 years ago

Nice job Ingo, the board installed nicely and looking forward to playing this with no more trunk errors!

#737 5 years ago

Just ordered the Trunk Opto board for my ToM. Thanks Ingo for coming up with this. My repair guru highly recommends your board.
I look forward to installing it.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from cartsort:

Just ordered the Trunk Opto board for my ToM. Thanks Ingo for coming up with this. My repair guru highly recommends your board.
I look forward to installing it.

Me too

#739 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to get my boards

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes. But the ROM mod does two things regarding the Trunk error handling, that seems to get confused. So let me clear on this.

The factory ROM 1.3X:

a) If an error arises the Trunk goes to error state. This sustains until the game is rebooted or enter/exit the menu. After this the Trunk is test run, and if clears, it runs again. Of course this means that on error, the Trunk is off and the game will be running with compensation rules for the rest of an ongoing game.

b) The Trunk may enter error on false grounds. This can happen, if hit while rotating, when such that the direction of rotation reverses.

The modded ROM:

The b) is fixed. Will not happen (assuming a Trunk assembly in good shape) .

The a) may still happen, of course, by stock ball or similar physical prevention of the Trunk to rotate. And when this issue is solved, the Trunk will be put back into operation when the coin door is closed. If the game is set to Tournament play.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

If the game is set to Tournament play.

Hey Soren,

would it be possible, to add the change for a) also to normal game mode? If the trunk is physical blocked and this block is manually solved, it would be nice to be able to put the trunk back into operation by opening / closing the coin door also during normal game play. I don't see a reason, why this should be limited to Tournament play.

Thanks,
Lars

#742 5 years ago

Certainly. But it was a conscious decision to keep this a competitive play feature only.

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Certainly. But it was a conscious decision to keep this a competitive play feature only.

Can you explain, why you made this decision? I do not want to question it, it is your decision and I respect this. Especially as with the removal of the wrong positive a trunk error does no longer occur in a normal game. So it is a rare situation.

Nevertheless: if a ball blocks the trunk, the error occurs. During a good game, or a multiplayer game, this is still annoying. So you will open the machine and remove the blocking ball. Most likely the players want to continue the game... So it would be great even without the Tournament mode to reset the trank error without entering the menu and resetting the current game...

thanks,
Lars

#744 5 years ago

It is an unobvious and unannounced side functionallity of "something else" that put an error marked mech back into operation. As brilliant as it is. I say handle with care.

#745 4 years ago

I just bought ingo’s board. I loved TZ clock so much had to order for ToM. Only way to go! Get while you can as won’t be around very long as supplies sell out.

#746 4 years ago

So guys, finally it will go into production now.
I have ordered today:
100 boards "single-Leon-board"
100 boards "new trunk-opto board with Leon integrated
100 boards "new single trunk-opto-board
I have calculated the prices and these are as follows:
BOARDS COMPLETE SOLDERED:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 25,00 USD = 23,50 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------58,00 USD = 54,00 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------40,00 USD = 37,15 EUR
BOARDS AS DIY-sets:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 20,00 USD = 18,60 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------50,00 USD = 46,50 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------35,00 USD = 32,60 EUR
+ 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR shipping worldwide / inside EU.
Please do not forget to add the shipping costs!!!!!
I have ordered the boards as said before and all parts for at first 50 PCBs, as I do not know, how many of you still want to have a board.
As I had costs of about 1.500,00 USD up to now for the parts and the boards, it would be great, if everbody, who is still in this project, could pay in advance. Payment should be done via paypal.
The time window is a follows:
2-3 weeks, until the boards are here, 1 week soldering the boards, so that I could latest ship in about 4 weeks, but I think, it will be a bit earlier, namely in 3 weeks.
In the next 2 weeks, I will make a soldering guide / instructions for the DIYers between us and an installation guide for the Leon-board.
There is also available a little test-board for the trunk-opto-board (could be interesting for the DIYers). With this board, you can test the trunk-opto-board "offline" on the bench, you only need to connect the test-board to a +12VDC power-source and can test everything.
Price for this little test-board is 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR.
The test board looks like this:
[quoted image]
The list of all, who have shown interest, is in post #83 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/2#post-2648292).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, please guys, check, if you are still interested and what board/boards you want. Send me a PM. Important: If you pay by paypal, please give the following informations:
- your pinside name
- what kind of board/boards you want
- your adress
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate, to ask me or post it here.
To avoid confusion for me, I will always update the list in post #83 and add a (*) behind the name, who paid, thats the simpliest way for me, because I only need to execute the list.
Cheers
Ingo
PS.:
Short hint: If you use the GLM trunk-opto-board, there is NO need, to take a new trunk-opto-board. The GLM board is a very good board, that was the only one, that solved all problems of the original board.

I found a TOM with Trunk issues, and I had multiple friends tell me, "just go buy Ingo's eddy board." Ingo was super responsive and already getting the board ready to ship to me. Looking forward to getting my TOM playing thanks to Ingo!

#747 4 years ago

Hum.. haven't heard back since I sent my paypal payment a several days ago. Is anyone else hearing from him recently?

- Nevermind, just heard back!

3 weeks later
#748 4 years ago

Just ordered Ingo's board and looking forward to getting it installed.

1 week later
#749 4 years ago

So guys, finally it will go into production now.
I have ordered today:
100 boards "single-Leon-board"
100 boards "new trunk-opto board with Leon integrated
100 boards "new single trunk-opto-board
I have calculated the prices and these are as follows:
BOARDS COMPLETE SOLDERED:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 25,00 USD = 23,50 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------58,00 USD = 54,00 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------40,00 USD = 37,15 EUR
BOARDS AS DIY-sets:
- single Leon-board --------------------------- 20,00 USD = 18,60 EUR
- Trunk opto-board with Leon integrated ------50,00 USD = 46,50 EUR
- single trunk-opto board ----------------------35,00 USD = 32,60 EUR
+ 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR shipping worldwide / inside EU.
Please do not forget to add the shipping costs!!!!!
I have ordered the boards as said before and all parts for at first 50 PCBs, as I do not know, how many of you still want to have a board.
As I had costs of about 1.500,00 USD up to now for the parts and the boards, it would be great, if everbody, who is still in this project, could pay in advance. Payment should be done via paypal.
The time window is a follows:
2-3 weeks, until the boards are here, 1 week soldering the boards, so that I could latest ship in about 4 weeks, but I think, it will be a bit earlier, namely in 3 weeks.
In the next 2 weeks, I will make a soldering guide / instructions for the DIYers between us and an installation guide for the Leon-board.
There is also available a little test-board for the trunk-opto-board (could be interesting for the DIYers). With this board, you can test the trunk-opto-board "offline" on the bench, you only need to connect the test-board to a +12VDC power-source and can test everything.
Price for this little test-board is 6,00 USD / 5,60 EUR.
The test board looks like this:
[quoted image]
The list of all, who have shown interest, is in post #83 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/2#post-2648292).
So, please guys, check, if you are still interested and what board/boards you want. Send me a PM. Important: If you pay by paypal, please give the following informations:
- your pinside name
- what kind of board/boards you want
- your adress
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate, to ask me or post it here.
To avoid confusion for me, I will always update the list in post #83 and add a (*) behind the name, who paid, thats the simpliest way for me, because I only need to execute the list.
Cheers
Ingo
PS.:
Short hint: If you use the GLM trunk-opto-board, there is NO need, to take a new trunk-opto-board. The GLM board is a very good board, that was the only one, that solved all problems of the original board.

My Ingo Trunk board came in today...I know what I’ll be doing tonight! Thanks Ingo!

B8989610-FE1D-411F-8A39-0917BA32624E (resized).jpegB8989610-FE1D-411F-8A39-0917BA32624E (resized).jpeg
#750 4 years ago

Got mine too, it's waiting for install while I refurb my playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 11.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 807 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/15?hl=dmess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.