Topic Stats

• 731 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190217_124203 (resized).jpg
IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
Trunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPG
Cable (resized).jpg
20181208_130847 (resized).jpg
20181208_130824 (resized).jpg
20181208_130808 (resized).jpg
20181123_121557 (resized).jpg
20181123_115252 (resized).jpg
ToM 6 Billion (resized).jpg
20180224_195318 (resized).jpg
mould.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_3529a (resized).jpg
trunk_board_installed (resized).jpeg
trunk_board_proposal (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

... Can I unplug the pinbits board and plug it into this? ...

NO NO, you cannot do that.

See the installation guide in post #458 please!!!!!!

#702 4 months ago

Ok, if I follow the instructions on post #458 it will act as the eddy board though?

#703 4 months ago

Ok, if I follow the instructions on post #458 it will act as the eddy board though?

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

#704 4 months ago

Ok, that's all I needed to know. I need a new auto eddy board then I believe.
Thanks

#705 4 months ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

Ok, that's all I needed to know. I need a new auto eddy board then I believe.
Thanks

my fault, correct is the following:

NO, the trunk opto board with the integrated "leon-fix" does NOT replace the eddy board and does not act as the eddy board. Try to follow the instructions and test the machine and report then please . ....

2 weeks later
#706 4 months ago

Finally got around to taking some pics of the Leon board. I already had the GLM opto board and it appears to be working correctly. Checked the connections from the Leon board to the power motor board and the pinbits new eddy board I have and they look fine. Even took out the motor and cleaned and regreased ( Had a new motor as well). I am still getting the trunk to stop sometimes and it wont resolve unless I reboot the game.

Could it be a bad GLM opto board? Should I buy the Leon board to go with the Leon addon board? Ideas?

Thanks

20181208_130808 (resized).jpg20181208_130824 (resized).jpg20181208_130847 (resized).jpg
#707 4 months ago

A little off topic, but is Pinbits out of business? I've been trying to contact them about a new Eddy board and have been getting zero response. I think mine is taking false hits when the trunk turns around for multi-ball.

#708 4 months ago

Their website says happy holidays 2017 so that doesnt look good. Not sure if Pams email still works

#709 4 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Their website says happy holidays 2017 so that doesnt look good. Not sure if Pams email still works

I placed an order yesterday, money was taken out of my account.....I’ve since called and emailed-no contact made

#710 4 months ago

Did you check the optos om the GLM-Board? The board has controll-LEDs, are these working??

Do you know anybody, who has my combo-board and you can check with this? Then you know, if it is the opto board or the eddy-board ...

#711 4 months ago

The leds are all correct on the GLM board as far as I can tell

#712 4 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

The leds are all correct on the GLM board as far as I can tell

All I can offer you, is to send you my combo-board and you test it with my board.

You can send the board then back to me later ...

#713 4 months ago

What a great offer from German-Pinball. You never go wrong dealing with Ingo.

#714 4 months ago

That is a great offer,but doesnt seen fair to you. What is the cost of your board Ingo?

#715 4 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

That is a great offer,but doesnt seen fair to you. What is the cost of your board Ingo?

No problem for me. My costs would only be the shipping costs, if you send the board back; your risk would only be the costs for sending the board back.

You can test with my combo-board extensivly and you know, if the fault is with your GLM board or with the eddy-board.

By the way: Price for my combo-board is USD 68,00 including shipping, but you must wait 1 week, before I can ship, because I am out of stock and new board will arrive in 4 days here .....

#716 4 months ago

Well lets give it a try and hopefully it works and I'll send you payment. I appreciate you and I am hopeful this will work otherwise I have no clue.
I'll send my info by PM

#717 3 months ago

Trunk Eddy boards are back in stock at Pinbits if anyone here needs one. I've got one ordered as well as a Trunk board from Ingo. It will be nice not having to mess with the Trunk after every handful of plays.

#718 3 months ago
Quoted from nepinplayer:

Trunk Eddy boards are back in stock at Pinbits if anyone here needs one. I've got one ordered as well as a Trunk board from Ingo. It will be nice not having to mess with the Trunk after every handful of plays.

Most of the time you can just solder a new pot on the board and that takes care of that problem. I did mine and they work great now, cost about $1.68 per board.

1 week later
#719 3 months ago

@all:

Anybody here, who could do me a big favour please - I need your help.

I have lost the mold, with that I cut the length of the 2 cables, I provide with my board. I also did not document the length.

Could anybody, who bought my board please measure the lenght and tell me the result in cm please.

THANKS!!!!!

We speak about these 2 cables:

Trunk Opto Board Cable (resized).JPG

Cable (resized).jpg

#720 3 months ago

Looks like the shorter 2 wire cable is 15.5 cm and the 4 wire cable is 18 cm. That is from end of wire to end of wire.

image (resized).jpg
#721 3 months ago
Quoted from TheWiz:

Looks like the shorter 2 wire cable is 15.5 cm and the 4 wire cable is 18 cm. That is from end of wire to end of wire.
[quoted image]

THANKS my friend!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#722 3 months ago

A little off topic, but is Pinbits out of business? I've been trying to contact them about a new Eddy board and have been getting zero response. I think mine is taking false hits when the trunk turns around for multi-ball.

A Smart eddy board is available from http://tanglestech.com. It is suitable for use on the out-lanes and the trunk.

http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-Eddy-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html

You might also be getting noise from the motor interfering with the eddy. There is also a redesigned motor controller board with improved noise suppression.

http://tanglestech.com/DC-Motor-Control-Board--Replaces-A-16120_p_17.html

#723 3 months ago

Yesterday I have soldered 3 new boards.

Price is 70,00 USD including shipping worldwide.

Next month, the board will become a bit more expensive, as the prices for the wide-slot optos raised much.

Take the chance now ... simply send me PM.

- Ingo

IMG_5877 (resized).JPG

PS.:
Top right, you see my newest PCB - Bally 6803 Keypad

2 weeks later
#724 78 days ago

I have just finished a playfield swap on my TOM and I have just ordered one of these boards. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a monster scoring game and the trunk locking up. This board is a must for all TOM owners. The big optos and robust build should give trouble free game play. Great stuff Ingo, and if it is anything like your TZ clock board it will run trouble free.

1 week later
#725 67 days ago

Just ordered one of Ingo's TOM Opto boards! Cant wait to get it, looks like a very well designed solution. Thanks Ingo!

#726 63 days ago

My board arrived yesterday, and I got to finally play a faultless game on my TOM. Its probably the first time where the trunk has not locked up. How good is it when this beautiful game plays as it was intended to. Bravo Ingo, this trunk board has solved a long time fault and added the icing on a Popa gem. Just as the clock board in my TZ runs error free, this trunk board is a game changer for TOM owners.
Terry.

#727 59 days ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Just ordered one of Ingo's TOM Opto boards! Cant wait to get it, looks like a very well designed solution. Thanks Ingo!

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo!

20190217_124203 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#728 31 days ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo![quoted image]

I thank you very much for the praise and feedback, my friend!!!!

1 week later
#729 21 days ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Got my board super fast. Just installed it and it's playing great. Super impressed by the build quality of this board. What a great investment to make in this machine. Can't imagine why every TOM owner doesn't install one. Thank again Ingo![quoted image]

Seeing that huge crack in the black plastic opto interruptor I really think you should get the replacement one made in metal instead.

2 weeks later
#730 3 days ago

PM#d german-pinball for a Ultimate tom trunk opto board.
Looks perfect.

#731 2 days ago

Has anyone had any contact with german-pinball recently?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside