Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ToM5_007.jpg
ToM5_010.jpg
#1 11 years ago

TOM owners- do you have one of the tiger saw mods and which one is best. The one with the new metal blade or the one that works on the existing plastic blade. Thanks

1 month later
#2 11 years ago

I am also very interested in any information or opinions anyone has on this mod.

#3 11 years ago

im in for any opinions from other pinsiders also. I just got a TOM and this will be my first mod!

#4 11 years ago

The ones I get are at Decoratorsupply.com. They also have the marquee mirror, which is even better I think.

#5 11 years ago

I had the one with the real saw blade. It was awesome but be careful around it.

#6 11 years ago

Cost me nothing I used an old PC fan glued it to the saw blade and wired it up to the trunk motor so when the trunk spins the blade spins so it turns alot more during the game very cheap and easy mod, actually I bought a gold saw blade for a better effect so maybe it cost me $10.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The ones I get are at Decoratorsupply.com. They also have the marquee mirror, which is even better I think.

I also bought my saw an mirror here.
I also think the mirror is a better mod.

#8 11 years ago

I bought my motorized saw from Decorator Supply, but I skipped the mirror. I hear a lot of good comments on the mirror though, so I think I'm gonna have to go back and check that mod out again, and perhaps purchase it.

7 months later
#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cost me nothing I used an old PC fan glued it to the saw blade and wired it up to the trunk motor so when the trunk spins the blade spins so it turns alot more during the game very cheap and easy mod, actually I bought a gold saw blade for a better effect so maybe it cost me $10.

I followed Gorgar1s lead and used an old computer fan . Cost me nothing but four hours of fiddeling. Where do you get a gold saw from?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I followed Gorgar1s lead and used an old computer fan . Cost me nothing but four hours of fiddeling. Where do you get a gold saw from?

I bought it from a USA web site but can't remember which one hopefully one of the guys on here can help

#11 11 years ago

I have the gold blade with the kit that works worth the 1.4 home ROMs....I may change the blade out for a real one though because it reflects too much light so you can't see it spin too well

#12 11 years ago

I bought the gold blade and mirror from Decorators and it looks pretty cool when it spins.I put the trunk chains and lock on too. Lots of gold.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I bought it from a USA web site but can't remember which one hopefully one of the guys on here can help

Yes it used to be decorators supply, but now a much easier to find site www.pinballpro.com

Direct link to Theatre of Magic mods (all US Made)
http://pinballpro.net/?s=theatre&post_type=product

Hope that helps

#14 11 years ago

I added condoms to the mirror, the Christmas lights looked a little funky.
Just poke a hole in them with a pin and the nibs on the bulb holds them on.
I also modded the Spirit Ring.

ToM5_010.jpgToM5_010.jpg ToM5_007.jpgToM5_007.jpg

#15 11 years ago

I like the decal for the spirit ring. Did your mirror lights kit come with a PDF instruction sheet? I bought a ToM with that mod installed but its not working

#16 11 years ago

That is not a decal, I made it out of the broken Theatre Entrance plastic and put a piece if self adhesive reflective mylar inside the magnet and a Cointaker color changing LED replaced the bulb with the yellow condom below and to the left of it.

Here are the mirror instructions, check to make sure the piggyback board is not off a pin.

http://www.decoratorsupply.com/instructions/Saw.pdf

#17 11 years ago

Super. Thanks!

#18 11 years ago

You're welcome.

#19 11 years ago

I like the decal also looks great. Not sure about the light condoms would have to see in person I think.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

That is not a decal, I made it out of the broken Theatre Entrance plastic and put a piece if self adhesive reflective mylar...

Good idea, looks nice. Where canyou get "reflective" mylar?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Good idea, looks nice. Where can you get "reflective" mylar?

Good question, a buddy of mine gave me a 12x12 sheet of it a couple years ago it is kind of a rainbow colored grid pattern and I use it on spinners and on the tops of the ball gates sometimes, you can see it reflecting in the mirror in the above pic.
Maybe Pinrestore?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I like the decal also looks great. Not sure about the light condoms would have to see in person I think.

They look better when they are lit and chasing, I had to do something when I installed it I didn't like the clear Christmas light look and almost just removed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Wanted
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-tiger-saw-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.