New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240624)

TOM stop ball from popping out of trunk

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by harryhoudini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Is it just me or does the ball pop out of the trunk on a regular basis? Obviously with a fairly strong shot but it goes in the trunk and hits something and pops right back out. Is something wrong with my trunk or is this typical? Has anyone done anything to prevent this? I was thinking about a 1x1 square of sticky foam tape might give some cushion.

#2 1 year ago

Yup, small bit of sticky foam where the ball hits the metal underneath the trunk will stop that. Give 'er hell.

1 year later
#3 88 days ago

I am having this problem too! about 60% of the time the ball pops right back out of the trunk. Did you have any luck solving this?
I dont remember having this problem when I had a Theatre before.
Thanks in advance.

#4 88 days ago

Did you try the foam fix?

#5 88 days ago

Actually I tried a piece of velcro (soft end) and placed a strip all along that back wall right behind the entrance. that Fix works perfectly!
At first, I tried placing the velcro down at the bottom where the ball lands. That didn't cut it.
Now the ball stays in the trunk 100% of the time.

1 week later
#6 75 days ago

I tried some foam in various locations. As roberts said in the back works really well. If the foam is too thick the ball will get stuck in a few places (not a ton of clearance) but something thin like he used should work well. I was thinking of taking it out and spraying the inside with a rubber coating but it's way down on my list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside