(Topic ID: 288477)

TOM out lane eddy switch not registering

By reynolds531

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I am getting a “check switch 45 left outlane” error on my Theatre of Magic. I adjusted the potentiometer and in switch test mode the LED lights up but the switch stays open when I run a ball over the switch. I traded the right and left eddy switches (and not using the original cables and switches, only the eddy board) and the same thing happens. With the now right outlane switch (previously the left lane) the LED turns on with a ball over the switch but does not register. The switch does not register as closed. What am I missing? Do I need to replaced the eddy switch? Interestingly, when I reboot I no longer get a "check switch" error code for the right out lane.

#2 3 years ago

I would think this is connector or board related seeing as how both eddys are malfunctioning in the right lane. Thoroughly investigate that eddy board for cracked solder joints at the connectors.

Also, does the right eddy switch work as expected when installed in the left lane?

#3 3 years ago

On a side note your collection is amazing, great taste.

#4 3 years ago

Pretty sure you supposed to adjust the pot back to where it just barely turns off. Once you swap the boards, you need to readjust both sensors.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kare9:

I would think this is connector or board related seeing as how both eddys are malfunctioning in the right lane. Thoroughly investigate that eddy board for cracked solder joints at the connectors.
    Also, does the right eddy switch work as expected when installed in the left lane?

Yes. I switched the left with the right. The functioning right works in the left position. The non-functioning left does not work in the right position. I tested both of the roll over switches with the functioning eddy switch and they worked.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-out-lane-eddy-switch-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.