46%
  • Scared stiff 43 votes
    34%

(125 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 5 years ago

Which one would YOU get?
Vote more valuable if you have owned or currently own

#2 5 years ago

I own all three and I like IJ more than TOM (even though my TOM is a proto with the up/down post between the flippers), but SS is one of my absolute favorites (along with MB and AFM and BBB).

#3 5 years ago

I love my IJ, its got my vote. I am hoping a color DMD gets out soon!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I like IJ more than TOM (even though my TOM is a proto with the up/down post between the flippers)

Maybe that's why?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe that's why?

Not a chance. I've played proto and regular TOMs. I went out of my way to hunt down and buy this proto.

#6 5 years ago

Indiana jones .. Reason why it has allot more deth and shots

#7 5 years ago

IJ, then SS then TOM. I just don't find TOM all that challenging.

#8 5 years ago

SS, IJ then TOM.

#9 5 years ago

I own TOM and IJ, and to me there's no question Indy is more fun (especially if you like the movies).

#10 5 years ago

I've only played TOM and IJ on location or at shows, so my opinion on them isn't based on a ton of play. I own Scared Stiff though, and I wouldn't trade it for either (even with cash thrown in to keep it fair). It's just one of the ultimate classic themed pins. The gameplay is fun, not incredibly deep, but just turning it on makes me happy.

I'd probably take IJ over TOM if I had to pick a second choice though. But definitely Scared Stiff #1.

#11 5 years ago

You're asking "get a Ferrari [IJ], a Lamborghini [SS] or a volkswagon mini bus [TOM]?"
SS has easy rules like TOM, but the humor and theme make it the winner in this poll IMHO.
Tom is a turd like all JPOP games.
IJ is a great game if setup correctly but can play kinda slow and boring if not.

#13 5 years ago

Currently own IJ Proto and SS...had TOM twice and sold it both times...just didn't do it for me (even though I gave it a second chance)...Toss up for me on SS and IJ...I play them both about equally. Both great games.

#14 5 years ago

For me, its TOM all day... It's by far my fave pin... well, maybe second fave behind MM.

#15 5 years ago

Have been looking for an IJ for some time. Love the movies so theme is a big draw. Wife loved Pinball Magic when we had it so that the draw to Theater. Elvira, well who doesn’t love those great big innuendos..?

#16 5 years ago

Sold TOM, don't miss it.

Normally play more IJ than SS.

#18 5 years ago

I've owned an IJ for over 14 years (was my first pin).....still have it. I think that speaks for itself as being a good game to own (all my others have come and gone over the years).

I'm on my second ToM. While I like the game, its not up to the level of IJ...though my kids love ToM (so I am stuck with it even if I get sick of it)

#19 5 years ago

IJ is the best one out of the three. Tom and SS are too easy.

#20 5 years ago

I voted for SS, only because it is a harder pin to get than IJ, so assuming you have the opportunity to get either, go for the one that may be harder to find down the road. Virtual tie as far as the games themselves go, love them both, TOM is distant 3rd in this race.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Vote more valuable

I prefer the least valuable of the three- ToM

#22 5 years ago

Scared Stiff all the way! There is a beauty for sale on Pinside as we speak!

#23 5 years ago

IJ (unless you have something against widebodies), SS, TOM

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

IJ (unless you have something against widebodies), SS, TOM

IJ is one of the few superpins that I enjoy playing.

IJ>TOM>SS

#25 5 years ago

Welp, now both SS and TOM are in the ColorDMD club, poor Indy.

#26 5 years ago

I have a ToM and SS. I think they're very similar, but I play ToM more.

#27 5 years ago

For me it is SS, TOM and IJ. I just didn't like IJ but everyone has a preference. SS and TOM are easy but fun and since I have a large collection they work fine for me. If I only had 1 or 2 pins I doubt they would make the cut since I would get bored of them too quickly. However, TOM is a beautiful pin and I feel fits nicely into a larger collection of 10 or more pins.....just my opinion.

That is the great thing about pinball it really depends on the person and their likes and dislikes.....I have a bunch of hard games (IM and TSPP to name 2 that drive me nuts) so it is nice to play an easier game now and then and mix it up.

#28 5 years ago

Own SS, Would like to own either others also... SS, IJ, TOM... Any of these would be nice addition to any collection.

#29 5 years ago

I have to go IJ, SS then TOM.
IJ has staying power for me as it is a difficult pin to work through. Not to mention, the theme is fantastic for a 37 year old - those movies were iconic in my life.
SS is extremely fun...good in a big collection, but a little too easy. I play it when IJ kicks my ass.
TOM is beautiful...just not my cup of tea.

#30 5 years ago

Thanks for all the great advice. It re-affirmed my thought of getting the IJ. Pulled the trigger yesterday. Got rid of my Champion Pub. Bought PDI glass for it today. Dialing it in.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Tom is a turd like all JPOP games.

But you've owned 3 of his in the past, actively seeking them out,why didn't you do your homework on these turds?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sittard
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 3.70
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Celina, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mill Valley, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Machine - For Sale
Spokane, WA
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside