• Latest reply 2 years ago by RandyW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCF2D800-0B45-4D83-BC39-4EFDB1D1B482 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I have been working on a basket case of a Theatre of Magic for months. I have pretty much everything working now, except for these final issues.

Whenever you try to start a Multiball, it’s gets confused. So you lock ball one, then the table spits out two balls in the shooter lane... every time. Lock ball two, it registers that, lock ball three... it doesn’t register, goes into ball seek forever. Never spitting out balls, until you start a new game. Then it will empty the subway and play fine, so long as you don’t try to get a Multiball.

I have attached a picture of the switch edge test immediately after this happens, with three balls in the subway and a video of the switch level test at the same time.

Does anyone have any idea what I have going on here? I’ve been digging for weeks. I even just installed new trough optos, just in case. No change.

CCF2D800-0B45-4D83-BC39-4EFDB1D1B482 (resized).jpegCCF2D800-0B45-4D83-BC39-4EFDB1D1B482 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

There's one switch in the 2nd column of the matrix that is flickering intermittently. I don't think that one should be doing that.

Maybe a connectivity issue with the switch inside the trunk?

Here's an old thread that seems to have a similar issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-magnetmulti-ball-problem

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3 2 years ago

The flickering one, is the “Always Closed” one.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

The flickering one, is the “Always Closed” one.

That's odd.

Any battery damage on the MPU?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's odd.
Any battery damage on the MPU?

None at all. This table is just absolutely dumbfounding me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-multiball-mystery and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.