Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kallekoma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi. My left flipper just stopped working peoperly.
When pressing button i can see a little movement.

When grounding the middle lug on coil it fires.
I tried switching left with right optos. In switch test the button works but when moving flipper to top position the eos dont indicate.
I have around 50 v on all coil lugs.

Any suggestions?

#2 2 years ago

Hi,

The coil is then good.

When you swap left and right, does the left flipper then fire ? In test you see on the switch matrix when the button is pressed but not the EOS. You mean when you lift the flipper manually ? Because if the flipper does not fire after pressing the button, there is no way the EOS can be closed. If the EOS closed is not shown on the switch matrix in test mode, after manually lifting the flipper, the EOS is bad and should be replaced, or the EOS wiring with the fliptronic might be broken somewhere.

But it should not be the issue for a flipper not or weakly firing, as power and hold voltages are managed by the fliptronicII and power voltage should not be impacted.

What is the voltage between the coil lugs (center and blue/yellow wire) after pressing the button. Do you get 0 or close to, or 50 vdc ? If 0 or close to, have you checked Q3 ?

Then Have you cleaned the optos ? Are you sure the EOS is Normally open and closes at the very end of the flipper course ?

#3 2 years ago

Hi. Thanks for yor time.

When switching the optos the result was the same. Also when switching coils the flipper wont fire. The flipper does get energised and moves when pressing button. But only moves a few millimeters. I can feel a bit of resistense when holding button and moving manually. The eos wont register when pushing flipper manually. But when i test continuity with my dmm it works.

My fliptronic board has a few new transistors and u4 and u6 ic is new. And the soldering job is not good.

After some reading i might think the u5 ic is bad.

I havent measured between lugs. And i havent checked q3.

Im probably going for a new fliptronic board, cause i dont like the messed up i have

#4 2 years ago

Ok, maybe you can anyway check voltage between lugs and Q3 if there is a resistance, are you sure the flipper mechanism under pf is alright ? Maybe manually check any resistance of the plunger in the sleeve, spring, stop plate.

Good luck

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

A new rottendog fliptronics board did it .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 47.00
€ 3.70
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Boards
PinSound
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside