You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-08-11 21.14.11 (resized).jpg
2018-08-11 21.13.53 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi Gang,

I just replaced my Knocker in my ToM. It appears the original was "melted" on the top. I removed the old one, desoldered it and soldered the old lead onto the new coil. and reinstalled. When testing (the door is shut) there is no activity.

I can't find a fuse list in the owners manual that breaks down what is what.

Is there a specific fuse for the knocker? All the other coils work. Or am I missing something>

Thank you in advance!

#2 5 years ago

What transistor drives it and is that functional?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What transistor drives it and is that functional?

Excellent question. I have no idea. How would you recommend I test the Transistor?

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

You can go into Tests - Coils - and stop on knocker. Then hit the + or - diagnostic buttons. This steps you through coil name, wire colors, transistor number, fuse, type info.

Also be sure you have the switches or jumpers on the CPU set for USA. Knocker was used for coin meters in some foreign countries.

Check the transistor too.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can go into Tests - Coils - and stop on knocker. Then hit the + or - diagnostic buttons. This steps you through coil name, wire colors, transistor number, fuse, type info.
Also be sure you have the switches or jumpers on the CPU set for USA. Knocker was used for coin meters in some foreign countries.
Check the transistor too.

Thank you LTG! You are always very helpful and knowledgeable.

#6 5 years ago

I have factory reset the machine. Will that default to USA? The Dip switches are 1 and 2 on, all the rest off. It appears that German and French would be different than that.

Fuse replaced. Still nothing. I don't hear the solenoid engerize. Maybe it doesn't normally? I suppose I could check to see if there is voltage going to the solenoid for the board.

Any other thoughts.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

The Dip switches are 1 and 2 on, all the rest off.

That looks like French : http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_wpc_country_settings.html

#8 5 years ago

Confirming - 1 and 2 are on, all the rest are off. USA looks like 1 and 2 OFF, the rest on?

Am I reading the DS correctly?

2018-08-11 21.13.53 (resized).jpg2018-08-11 21.13.53 (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Another pic.

2018-08-11 21.14.11 (resized).jpg2018-08-11 21.14.11 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Excellent question. I have no idea. How would you recommend I test the Transistor?
Thanks!

If you look at page 3-8 in your manual it shows the high power solenoid circuit. J107 provides the power via the red-brown wire, J130 provides the ground via the violet-black wire. Q68 is probably one of the transistors in the TIP36C.

If you have +50v on the red-brown at the knocker coil, try grounding the violet-black manually. If the knocker fires I'd suspect Q68 is bad.

If you stop by Pinballz during league Tuesday around 8pm one of us can probably spitball some solutions with you. 85vett mab487

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you look at page 3-8 in your manual it shows the high power solenoid circuit. J107 provides the power via the red-brown wire, J130 provides the ground via the violet-black wire. Q68 is probably one of the transistors in the TIP36C.
If you have +50v on the red-brown at the knocker coil, try grounding the violet-black manually. If the knocker fires I'd suspect Q68 is bad.
If you stop by Pinballz during league Tuesday around 8pm one of us can probably spitball some solutions with you. 85vett mab487

Very cool. Thanks for the invite. Which Pinballz is it?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Very cool. Thanks for the invite. Which Pinballz is it?

Original. On the access road for 183 about a half mile east of Burnet rd. Look for the guy in the ref shirt, that's me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-knocker-replaced-and-still-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.