• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1713 (resized).JPG
IMG_1716 (resized).JPG
2019-01-24 07_39_29-Williams WPC - PinWiki - Internet Explorer (resized).png
2019-01-24 06_50_38-https___www.ipdb.org_files_2845_Bally_1995_Theatre_of_Magic_Manual.pdf - Interne (resized).png
2019-01-24 06_49_54-https___www.ipdb.org_files_2845_Bally_1995_Theatre_of_Magic_Manual.pdf - Interne (resized).png
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Loving the discussion in this thread! I've hoped for a long time that the mantra of "replace the bridges and caps" would end, and it looks like that's actually happening.

Also, the ridiculous reset daughter board not coming up as an immediate suggestion is awesome.

This is one of the best posts I read on here in a very long time, and I couldn't agree with you more.

#52 5 years ago

The discoloration on the red 5v input wires of J101 is not helping much either.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The discoloration on the red 5v input wires of J101 is not helping much either.

I'm sure its not ... I would be much more interested in the 5VDC reading on the CPU board than any other measurement as this will tell you both the CPUs operating voltage, as well as the voltage loss from the PDB, as it's the voltage difference measured between this point and the +5V TP on the PDB.

IMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPG
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm sure its not ... I would be much more interested in the 5VDC reading on the CPU board than any other measurement as this will tell you both the CPUs operating voltage, as well as the voltage loss from the PDB, as it's the voltage difference measured between this point and the +5V TP on the PDB.[quoted image]

Are there test points on the CPU? Not sure I can see what you're testing in the image there.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Are there test points on the CPU? Not sure I can see what you're testing in the image there.

This is measured across C31 the red and black test clips, the large capacitor on the CPU board, one side is your 5V source through the Inductor, the other side is ground.

IMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPG
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is measured across C31 the red and black test clips, the large capacitor on the CPU board, one side is your 5V source through the Inductor, the other side is ground. [quoted image]

Thanks, I'll test it out

#57 5 years ago

Aside from C2 and C5 (and the LM323K, which I have a PSU5 already for) is there anything else I should order while I'm ordering those parts (and some headers/plugs)? I have some BR2 in my cart as well, already replaced them on my TAF and figure it might be needed here.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Based on the age of the game, some may have been already changed over the years.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=QED123

Suggest 10.

#59 5 years ago

HA, I didn't even see that before. I ordered 20 to be safe.

Sadly... I have a bunch of individual LEDs from various projects, mostly failed

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm sure its not ... I would be much more interested in the 5VDC reading on the CPU board than any other measurement as this will tell you both the CPUs operating voltage, as well as the voltage loss from the PDB, as it's the voltage difference measured between this point and the +5V TP on the PDB.[quoted image]

I was most definitely wanting to know as well. I just hadn't had a chance to write about it.

#62 5 years ago

.04V loss from the 5V test point on the PDB to the MPU is very good.

Looks like once you get C5 replaced you'll likely be in good shape, I would be interested in what the AC ripple voltage is. To take this measurement, just put your voltmeter leads between the 5V test point and ground on the MPU and switch your meter to AC volts. This would make a good comparison point to see how much this ripple voltage decreases with the new capacitor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-instant-restarts-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.