By harryhoudini

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was trying to see if the ghosting I was seeing was related to bulbs so I went in the lighting test and using single lamps I am seeing that almost every single lamp is lighting up at least 1-2 other lamps at the same time. This isn't related to one row or column as far as I can tell. If that were the case I'd know how to diagnose further but I'm seeing such oddities I need to ask where to start.

Example: THEATR(E) light also lights up "M" and "A" in MAGIC.

Here's another example, in the image. I didn't bother writing every combination down because it's a lot. I was hoping there might be something obvious that would be causing so many coincidental lamps. As far as I can tell wiring and connectors all look proper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Hi,
Have you had a look under the playfield to see if no wire/circuit makes contact with another one ? When you say not related to row/ column, do you mean lamps are not on the same row/column ?
There might be a IC problem, but I would first check under the playfield.

I just rebuilt the game, so entirely possible there are wiring issues, however I would think that for the most part it would be something hard to cause since these are mostly larger header/connectors to the PCBs which hadn't been touched. The biggest change might be the fact that everything was unplugged from the main board to take the playfield out, but I don't think I could easily cause this.

I'll look at the playfield again, maybe do some continuity tests although I don't know what the result should be normally. I can compare to my TOTAN I guess.

If this were one or two lamp coincidences or if they were on the same/row column of the matrix then I could see a way to start but in this case it isn't isolated to any single row or column on the lamp matrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-insert-lighting-multiple-lights-on-almost-every-string?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.