Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So I just picked up a TOM and a couple of fuses are blown. One fuse is on the driver board F104, I'll get to that in a bit, but I also noticed one of the fuses F904 on the Fliptronic 2 board is blown.

My reading of the manual on page 3-14 shows the Flipper coil circuits. The F904 sits between the Bridge rectifier and the Red-Blue wires from J907 pins 4-5. This should power the lower left Flipper Coil. When I completely remove F904 my flipper still works??? Only if I remove F902 does my left flipper stop working.

Is the manual backwards? Did somebody miss-wire my cabinet?

Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

As far as i remember they used F903 and F904 for other coils like the out drain coils or something, because there are only two flippers fused by F901 and F902.

#3 7 years ago

Ok i cross referenced the Fliptronics 2 schematic from here: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1000/Williams_1992_The_Getaway_High_Speed_II_WPC_Schematics_Revised_May_17_1993_.pdf

It looks like J907 pins 4-5 are powered through F902 NOT F904. I was about to go crazy.

One thing I also noticed is that F903 which goes to a cube magnet and sub-ball release was going through a massive 8 Amp fuse. I noticed somebody else on pinside (2 years ago) saw the same thing. Manual says a 3 Amp. I plan on replacing but was wondering if other people found issue with manual amperage size.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

As far as i remember they used F903 and F904 for other coils like the out drain coils or something, because there are only two flippers fused by F901 and F902.

Thanks wellarmed. It just appears the TOM manual is wrong. Specifically page 3-14 and page 1-43 showing the fuse lists.

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, years ago some coil didn't work and i searched the power driver board for a blown fuse without a manual to find a blown fuse on the fliptronic

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from GimpMaster:

Manual says a 3 Amp. I plan on replacing but was wondering if other people found issue with manual amperage size.

The issue was they couldn't find the problem or fix it so they kept putting in a higher amp fuse until it didn't blow. This is a bad thing because it can blow up more stuff.

Not your doing, but you may have some work cut out for you.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-fuses-and-fliptronic-2-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.