You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211002_033655_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211002_033709_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi there,

New to the club. Had a DMD error and followed the following thread to fix - it worked!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/page-error-vertical-lines-on-dmd

After restarting, both flippers didn’t work after reseating the ribbon in the 4 places mentioned in the link above.

I’ve check all fuses.

Thoughts?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from djfred:

Hi there,
New to the club. Had a DMD error and followed the following thread to fix - it worked!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/page-error-vertical-lines-on-dmd
After restarting, both flippers didn’t work after reseating the ribbon in the 4 places mentioned in the link above.
I’ve check all fuses.
Thoughts?

Something in the head. A wire pop out of a molex. Or a ribbon cable is off by a couple pins? If nothing was done under the playfield.

#3 2 years ago

Ok fair - before the DMD issue, a ball got stuck, under the play field, between the trunk and the trap door. Lifted the play field to get the ball back to the trunk. The DMD issue occurred after I reset the play field and booted the game back up.

When the DMD looked bonkers and didn’t show correctly, the game could still be played and the flippers worked.

Turned the system off, removed and cleaned the DMD Control board and fuses. Problem persisted. Found that thread above (I had the PAGE ERROR B (1) 0 15 error) and reseated the ribbon in those 4 locations. Restarted system and the screen was back to normal hut the flippers don’t work and there is no sound either when you try to press the flipper buttons.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from djfred:

Ok fair - before the DMD issue, a ball got stuck, under the play field, between the trunk and the trap door. Lifted the play field to get the ball back to the trunk. The DMD issue occurred after I reset the play field and booted the game back up.
When the DMD looked bonkers and didn’t show correctly, the game could still be played and the flippers worked.
Turned the system off, removed and cleaned the DMD Control board and fuses. Problem persisted. Found that thread above (I had the PAGE ERROR B (1) 0 15 error) and reseated the ribbon in those 4 locations. Restarted system and the screen was back to normal hut the flippers don’t work and there is no sound either when you try to press the flipper buttons.</blockquo

Turned the system off, removed and cleaned the DMD Control board and fuses. Problem persisted. Found that thread above (I had the PAGE ERROR B (1) 0 15 error) and reseated the ribbon in those 4 locations. Restarted system and the screen was back to normal hut the flippers don’t work and there is no sound either when you try to press the flipper buttons.

Check wires,connections, fuses and fuse block traces.
Diagnostic Coil test. Then test transistors. If it worked before and all you did was reseat ribbon cables.
My guess is one is upside down. Or off by a pin.

check anything associated with your sound and fliptronics or connecting them to the main driver. That you ight have moved/reseated. And is there an under the playfield flipper fuse?
Screenshot_20211002_033655_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211002_033655_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211002_033709_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211002_033709_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

Gahhh, after lots of troubleshooting I came back to the initial steps. One of the ribbon cables wasn’t off by a pin or two (which I was so careful about) but it was off by an entire row. I won’t make the mistake again. But I’m learning a lot. I really appreciate your quick responses and detailed technical replies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-flippers-unresponsive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.