View topic image gallery

IMG_8688.jpg
100_0113.JPG
100_0112.JPG
100_0314.JPG
100_0322.JPG
100_0316.JPG
#1 10 years ago

If you had to keep one in say a 10 game collection, which would you choose? Assume all 3 are in excellent condition...I have a Tom currently(2nd), sold a TOTAN and have never played CV....

I only sold Totan as I was offered top dollar, loved the game but I can always circle back and pick one up was my thinking....

#2 10 years ago

CV all day currently, only one with complete code.

#3 10 years ago

CV I have owned totan and played tom a bunch, but CV stays

#4 10 years ago

TOTAN because I have a super nice one for sale....hint, hint...remember, mine is obo in the marketplace.

#5 10 years ago

I have owned all 3 and CV lasted the longest.
CV,TOTAN, TOM

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

CV all day currently, only one with complete code.

This.

#7 10 years ago

Owned CV in the past, will own again. Own TOM now, it will not leave. Do not have that much experience with TOTAN so really can't comment on it.

If I could only keep one of the three, it would be TOM, but I would be really upset about having to let CV go again.

#8 10 years ago

Totan = CV
3rd Tom
Imo

#9 10 years ago

Can a CQ example of CV be had for 6k?

#11 10 years ago

Ok! How much 7k?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Can a CQ example of CV be had for 6k?

Back in the day when I first got addicted to pinball. 1995-1999 CQ was a clean lightly routed game that I would buy new then run o my route. Then I would bring it home and shop it out. I would rotate 15 in balls in and out of my personal collection. I have retired all my pinball machines . The Midway machines that I still have left are in excellent condition. But 15 years forward I discover Pinside. Now my original Midway pinball are not sent to Treasure Cove or what ever to be clear coated . So by Pinside standards my collection is excellent condition . Only my HOU Attack from Mars and HUO Monster Bash I would consider CQ. $6,000.00 I do not believe will buy you a Pinside standard total restored clear coated JPOP , CV, TOM, or TOTAN .

#13 10 years ago

CQ closer to 8k are more.

#14 10 years ago

JPOP the best looking and sounding pinball was his TOTAN. It is as nice looking as any pinball today IMO. I have owned two TOTAN in the last 15 years.

100_0316.JPG100_0316.JPG
100_0322.JPG100_0322.JPG
100_0314.JPG100_0314.JPG

#15 10 years ago

Theatre of Magic is pretty as well. And fun with fast speed and really the best DMD animation of any JPOP game. I have owned two in the last 15 years.

100_0112.JPG100_0112.JPG
100_0113.JPG100_0113.JPG

#16 10 years ago

I've owned all 3…TOTAN is the only one in the lineup today.

TOTAN is the most beautiful, CV is the best player, TOM is "meh".
// Error: Image 213139 not found //

IMG_8688.jpgIMG_8688.jpg
#17 10 years ago

I bought CV in 1998 and I do not have any photos. Sold it in 2004 for $2200.00 . As far as pinball goes, that was big mistake. It had no ghosting inserts and was really clean. Trivia : Under the left plastic above the plastic ball . If you take machine apart to shop/clean. There is a image of little mouse under the plastic. It says something like ;Thanks for cleaning me"

#18 10 years ago

I have this for sale in the marketplace: http://imgur.com/a/jbxy4

Am I asking too much? Perhaps. Especially for a Pinsider I am able to move on the price. If interested, shoot me a pm.

Darin

#19 10 years ago

You have Theatre of Magic . I would not sell it . As you know it is excellent. CV is what I would recommend next. The Home rom software with all the stacking of multi-balls . Put it over the top. CV to answer your question.

#20 10 years ago

I must say that Totan is the nicest i have ever seen. I was worried about playing it. But all of Snaroffs machines look like this, and he enjoys people to play them.

#21 10 years ago

Snaroffs collection is 2nd to none. I am definitely in the market for CV now! One in excellent condition preferably but I am not prepared to spend 9k.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I must say that Totan is the nicest i have ever seen. I was worried about playing it. But all of Snaroffs machines look like this, and he enjoys people to play them.

Thanks Larry! Glad you got to play it…love when folks are able to stop by and enjoy my collection. That's what it's all about! Recently added the new ColorDMD…really a nice touch on this pin.

#23 10 years ago

Currently own all three and give TOTAN a very slight edge over CV.

But nothing more than say 1A & 1B (virtually neck-and-neck)...they're both great games but a notch above good old TOM IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 36.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-cv-or-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.