loveisabattlefield (resized).jpg
IMG_1255 (resized).JPG
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
0d63e44e72f8414e82e372fe7f5a2332--jasmin-villegas-gothic-girls (resized).jpg
IMG_1686 (resized).PNG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1131 (resized).JPG
IMG_0871 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Im pretty set on LOTR but the Hobbit keeps calling my name. Ive played them both and didnt like the Hobbit as much but it was old code and low volume at pinfest.. All my friends and family say LOTR but the NIB Hobbit(standard) is hard to resist. If you had to pick one or the other due to only having room for 2 pins(already have GB pro) which would you choose and why?

#5 7 years ago

With the technology difference do you guys think the games play equally as good with new flipper coils and rubbers on LOTR? My #1 concern is the age of LOTR. Since i got GB and its spike system i sold the DE games i had and was going to get a GOT pro but family said no way to GOT theme. The themes of both Tolkien tables is great for my family so either will make us happy but i want to make the right choice gameplay wise.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#42 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Own LOTR, have TH on order. Two mostly different games, that I expect (hope is a better word I suppose) will compliment each other.
If you're looking for a punishingly quick game, look elsewhere. If you're looking for an adventure - these two pins will give you exactly that I suspect.
Since LOTR is out of production (VE speculation ignored for the moment) and you will most likely be able to get a TH Standard for the next year or two, I'd get LOTR if I were you. If you and the family end up not liking it, you could sell it to fund a new TH Standard.
One thing that I have come to realize is that variety is the spice of life - so I'm going to be looking for another pin after I get TH. Don't intend on selling either LOTR or TH.

Im looking to compliment my ghostbusters with exactly what you describe, a adventure in pinball form. Let me know if you know anybody looking to sell a LOTR im on the hunt. Thanks!

1 year later
#49 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Any new thoughts on this? If someone was looking at an LOTR LE vs Hobbit Smaug for the same price is there a clear winner?
Has the new code for The Hobbit created any new fans.
Thanks
John

Since i started this thread ive had both games. Hobbit is nice looking but doesnt compare to the greatness of LOTR. Hobbit was fun at first but grew repetitive and actually became boring. Its a easy game to blow through if you got a extra hour or more with no real ending yet. The layout really hurts it to, no hard shots and the ramps feel like 1 big open ramp shot. LOTR with updated flipper coils is faster, funner, and has better code but is sorta ugly art wise compared to Hobbit.

So in the end LOTR is the best Tolkien game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tolkiens-best-game-lotr-vs-hobbit?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.