Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180504_135715 (resized).jpg
0Toledo-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Toledo-pinside-supplemented-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
aToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-02-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
aToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-01-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
Toledo.pdf (PDF preview)
20180419_165854 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Hi (pbm3 and) currieddog
want to read this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-toledo-will-not-recognize-ball-drain#post-4014459 - and the following post-14 (You may have to make You an copy (down) to Your computer). Greetings Rolf

#6 6 years ago

Hi pbm3
we must keep apart: Everybody would like to see an good copy of Toledo in ipdb --- You are troubleshooting on an specific problem. In post-3 I showed the link to the partial schematics (I at the time have put together from pinside-snippets --- don't get fooled - here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toledo-stuck-on-ball-1#post-2795748 CLICK on the PDF in the post - and You will see SIX pages --- I then put the stuff together.

I think currieddog is giving tips - and when he needs more of the schematics: He will ask You. In general: A picture taken with an mobile-camera with good resolution: We can use for troubleshooting --- not an good idea is "one mobile-phone-picture covers the whole schematics". Greetings Rolf

#10 6 years ago

Hi pbm3
I refer to the JPG You show in post-8: Top is top, right is righthand-side. Your schematics (JPG) has the long side "top-down" - You did hold Your camera "long side of camera-viewer top down". Please hold Your camera turned 90 degrees (long side of camera-viewer covers short side of the paper-schematics) - then take some pictures of the missing parts (see my PDFs here (You may have to copy-down to Your computer to be able to look-at)). The quality of the (then) made pictures by You will be good (enough) so I can take stuff from Your pictures (adjust size, maybe turn some degrees) and insert into "my JPG-schematics" - and we finally get an complete Toledo-Schematics we can use in pinside (we do not donate to ipdb as it is not our stuff).

My first PDF shows "marked red": Important, missing areas --- my second PDF shows "marked green": Top-down (remember the orientation, post-8) I could draw missing stuff using the JPG You show in post-8 --- "marked orange": A bit on the right is missing --- please show an picture so I can draw the missing stuff.

Troubleshooting - by the way: Did You try what currieddog suggested in his post-4 ? Greetings Rolf

P.S.: The PDFs I show here in pinside are (rather) low quality - but this means: NOT MB of data uploaded.

aToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-01-orpalis.pdfaToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-01-orpalis.pdf

aToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-02-orpalis.pdfaToledo-pinside-Tot-suppl-in-progress-02-orpalis.pdf

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Hi pbm3 +
this post is not about troubleshooting - its about schematics.
I will do some work in paintnet on Your PDF - getting rid of the huge margins - let paintnet do some "freshen-up". I then will send "my work" to You so You can donate YOUR schematics to ipdb.

It will take some time until ipdb shows a donation. Lately I read "want to look at what ipdb is doing ?" --- here http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl - all the way down, to the right "Database Change Log" - they do immense work. It will take some time until ipdb shows a donation --- in the meantime we may use the PDF I show here --- it is "post-9-PDF with added information from pbm3-schematics", You may have to copy-down to Your computer so You can look at the schematics. Greetings Rolf

0Toledo-pinside-supplemented-orpalis.pdf0Toledo-pinside-supplemented-orpalis.pdf

#20 5 years ago

Hi pbm3
(snippet from Your schematics) When You start a new game - and the Bonus-Unit happens to not beeing resetted: The pulling-in of the Reset-Relay (red dot) and the switch on the Bonus-Unit (red dot) should make the Bonus-Relay to pull-in - it should stay pulling (switch named "Bonus Re.", red dot) - the relay must be pulling until the Bonus-Unit is stepped down to Zero.

Blue dots: The pulling Bonus-Relay closes a switch - the motor is turning - motor-IMP-B pulses the Bonus-Unit-Reset-Coil rhythmically.

Question - You have some bonus on the Bonus-Unit - You start a new game - the Reset-Relay pulls-in - NOW: DOES the Bonus-Relay pull-in and stays pulling ? Greetings Rolf

0Toledo-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Toledo-Work-02 (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

Hi pbm3
do You have the manual to the pin ? "Later Williams Pins" have an very good manual --- in the last pages we see drawn all relays and all the switches mounted on the relay.
Also we see in the JPG in post-20 the information: The "Normally-Open-Switch on Reset-Relay with wire-color-grey-green, wire-color-grey-blue --- locate this switch and clean the contact-points - is the switch truely closing when the relay actuates ? wires soldered-on ?
Maybe You find the fault --- maybe we must look further --- we always have to consider: A wire connecting "AA to BB" may have broken-off at the solder-lug on "AA" - but may have been broken-off at solder-lug on "BB". AND: When the "AA" is mounted on the playfield and the "BB" is mounted on the bottom-board in the cabinet: The connecing wire runs through an Jones-Plug and THERE may be the fault. Greetings Rolf

#24 5 years ago

Hi pbm3
many ways to use Jumper-Wires. One way to use is: I have an connecting wire in the pin in question (good or not good) - wire-grey-green running from "Switch on Bonus-Unit" to "Switch on Reset-Relay". I have another connecting wire in the pin in question (good or not good) - wire-grey-blue running from "Switch on Reset-Relay" to "Coil on Bonus-Relay".
I toggle-off the pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - one Jumper-Wire and another one --- I jumper what should have permanent connection in the pin --- original wire(s) and Jumper-Wire(s) do connect the same lugs --- I plug-in, toggle-on and start a game and try - what is the pin doing ? Greetings Rolf

#27 5 years ago

Hi pbm3
I gladly accept when a pin all of a sudden is fully running. Nice - You had the idea of taking one of the jumpers off to find about which side is faulty - or are accidentally both sides faulty ?

The theory "spark across" I do not believe --- electrons take the path of "less resistance" so they gladly run (99.99% of the electrons) through the jumper-wires. Another theory (right or wrong) is: "bad / cold solder-connection - and You have fumbled there attaching and taking away jumper-wires - and the solder-connection was getting a bit better - good enough".

ipdb says "Toledo, Dec 1975" and my Space Mission is "Jan 1976" - look in the manual http://www.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Jan_1976_no_schematics.pdf on page-16 (ori-14) and the following pages: The Jones Plugs - and in Your Toledo-Manual ? Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toledo-will-not-reset-bonus-unit?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.