You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Satin-Doll-Work-for-Toledo-pinside_(resized).jpg
20160627_104137_(resized).jpg
aLittle-chief-Work3b_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello, i have a toledo pinball i have been working with for a while. The first problem i have know is the outhole coil will not kick the ball over to the shooter lane. I have put a new coil on it. I have adjusted the outhole switch. If i just push the switch to make it make contact the coil will fully pull in. The thing is if i put my finger in front of the kicker it just barly has any kick. It barely pulls in. The second thing is on both score reels during reset all of the coils pull in and stay in and just kinda pulse and they will finally get them all to 0. It could take 5 minutes though. They dont go in and out fully like they should. Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like dirty/misadjusted score motor switches.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, I figured out the score reals it was looking at front of machine the far right top score motor switch needed adjusting. Still messing with the outhole.

#4 7 years ago

Weak outhole kick pulse can be any of these:

Dirty/misadjusted switches on the outhole and ball index relays.

Dirty/misadjusted score motor switch.

#5 7 years ago

Ok i am back. Had to take care of our cat. Ok i now have the game where everything works except now when i push the restart button it goes through the reset sequance until it gets to where it should kick the bounus unit back up to 1000 and then kick the ball out. I can manually kick the ball over to shooter lane and it seems all functions work in game. Bonus goes up but when the ball drains it takes the bonus down to 0 and stays there does not kick back up to 1000 or kick ball out. So of course it stays on first ball. Anyone know where i should look? Thanks

#6 7 years ago

Anyone have any idea what would cuase this? I have checked all relay switches in the bottom. They all look good. Checked all switches on score motor. They all look good. It goes thru reset drops the bonus to 0 and stops. I have checked bonus 0 switch it looks to be operating right.

#7 7 years ago

Hi pbm3
I think You should buy manual and schema --- then showing snippets of schema of "interesting areas" . ipdb has nothing to Toledo / Valencia.

I agree with You (post-5): Every given ball starts with "one Bonus for free" - a feature I do not like, makes the pin more complicated.
I believe Your pin has an "Bonus-Relay" - when You loose a ball - ball rolls into Outhole - Bonus-Relay is activated - lets the Bonus-Unit step down - Bonus-Relay DROPS OUT , Outhole-Relay pulls-in, steps the Bonus-Ladder up one step, kicks the ball over to the Shooter-Alley.

So I would have a close look at the Bonus-Unit - last step stepping to ZERO - I believe ONE Switch OPENS and at the same time: A Make-and-Brake-Switch is moved.
The Bonus-Relay must pull-in so Bonus-Ladder is stepped down - but in the end it MUST DROP-OUT.

I can show it on Wms Little Chief, my JPG, red Numbers:
Ball rolls into Outhole, closes red-1, IMPORTANT: red-2 is active (there ARE Bonus on the Ladder. Red-3 pulls-in, establishes Self-HOld-Current (red-4) --- after a long time Bonus-Counter gets to Zero, so red-5 will open.
In the meantime theough red-6, 7, 8, 9: Bonus-Ladder is stepped down. Reaching Position-Zero: red-5 opens, (therefore red-11 closes again) - Switch red-2-red-10 moves to red-10, red-12 gets active --- then red-13 and red-14 and red-15 (Bonus step-up), also red-13 and red-16 and red-17.

Maybe You are lucky and find a "switch to open" and an "Make and Brake Switch to move" - the two switches that are moved when the Bpnus-Ladder is steppd from Pos-1 to Pos-Zero.
Anyway - I advice (my belief: EVERY pin should have manual and schema): Buy the paper-stuff. Greetings Rolf

aLittle-chief-Work3b_(resized).jpgaLittle-chief-Work3b_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf i got to messing with it this morning. There was a loose wire on the outhole relay. Thanks again everyone.

#9 7 years ago

It all works good now except the score reeels will reset during a game. The score reels will reset while you are playing a ball. The score reels are the only thing it effects. It stays the same balll. I do have a schematic. I have to read it with a magnifying glass. Something was spilled on it. Any idea what would make the score reels reset randomly? Thanks

20160627_104137_(resized).jpg20160627_104137_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Hi. I dont have that pin, but if you look at the schematic, you will find the switches involved in reset.
they will be going from the score reel coil, to the reset relays. the reset relays need to be checked for switch gapping.
also, I think, the start relay may be part of it too.
and a switch on the score motor will pulse the reels 5 times per 1/3 rotation of score motor...I think thats right.
it sounds like a switch is gapped too close, and a good rattle, makes them short together??? just guessing.
does it reset at the same place each time?

#11 7 years ago

Hi pbm3
if Your pin would be a "Satin Doll" - I would say: "a Normally-Open Switch on Reset-Relay" is faulty ALWAYS closed.

I show two snippets of ipdb-schema "Satin Doll". WE MUST KEEP IN MIND: Whenever a (playfield) feature calls for "Help of Score-Motor doing a turn (Williams, Bally: 180 degrees)": EVERY SWITCH ON EVERY WHEEL ON SCORE-MOTOR WILL BE ACTUATED.
The feature calling for help (of Score-Motor turn) does CLOSE one or more switches ALSO in the circuitry TO LET PASS THE SHOTS OF ELECTRICITY THE SCORE-MOTOR-SWITCH(ES) LET PASS. Other relays "not wanting help of Score-Motor: They have their switches OPEN.

Look at the snippet of schema --- lets say the ball hits a target "worth 50 points" - (marked orange) the 50-points-relay pulls-in, lets the Score-Motor run.
You already have made some single points - SCORE-DRUM-Switches (marked orange) are NO LONGER at Zero --- The Switch (marked red) on Reset-Relay is faulty always closed: The Score-Reset-Relay is pulsed (marked orange) by the turning Score-Motor ((((actually) the Score-Motor turns for to help on Scoring-50-points))).

And so (marked green): The pulsing Score-Reset-Relay does "Reset the Score-Reels" ...

pbm3, can You show these interesting parts of YOUR schema ?
Question: Does Your pin always "faulty reset" WHEN a playfield-feature makes the Score-Motor turn ? (((like: making 50 points or 500 points or 5000 points or alike))) Greetings Rolf

Satin-Doll-Work-for-Toledo-pinside_(resized).jpgSatin-Doll-Work-for-Toledo-pinside_(resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

I found the problem. It was a switch adjusted to close. Thanks for the help everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toledo-pinball-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.