download (4) (resized).jpg
qpcv3 (resized).JPG
MPU (resized).JPG
QPC (resized).jpg
tpd09 (resized).jpg
tpd08 (resized).jpg
tpd07 (resized).jpg
tpd06 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from aortuno:

Yes, this is how we do it
Re Rules:
Complete 8 races (Tokyo neighborhoods)

Hit green target to start the race
Complete DRIFT targets (blue) to advance the race
Hit flashing yellow inserts to win the race

Multiball

Hit two yellow targets (middle-left) to lit lock
Lock 3 balls
Jackpots are the narrow white targets (brake, gas & clutch)

Complete 8 types of drifts (Fan of triangular inserts in the center of the playfield)

Complete TIRES
Secret Garage – Shoot behind upper-left flipper
Pedal Master – 3 narrow white targets (brake, gas & clutch)
Complete BURN
Direct shot to ‘Out’ target - without hitting the bumpers
Loop Master – 4 non-stop upper loops
Spin Master – 30 spins of the spinner
Complete FUEL

After watching the most recent video (the one a few posts above) I can see this being a fun game. Allow me to make a few suggestions:
- Would it be a thought to stick with common (B/W) colors for certain elements? Like green lock targets and inserts, orange insert to indicate Extra Ball, not sure, but aren't jackpot inserts and targets usually red?
- please add more callouts (lots)
- wouldn't it be better is the ball lock callouts would indicate which ball is locked. E,g: "Ball 1 locked" "Ball 2 locked" etc. Maybe even indicate how many locks are needed for MB: "one more for multiball"
- The current music appears to be EDM tracks with 'song' arrangements. For pinball you don't need songs, you need themes. A long buildup to a drop where the beat kicks in will only work if it makes sense in the game.
- Following the previous suggestion: please improve the music choreography with other elements in the game, like lightshows, video, and such.
- Please add shooter grooves, like Scott Danesi did on TNA. These are short looped elements (2 beats or 4 beats) with no bass and once the ball is plunged the regular theme (with bass) kicks in.
- Tie specific themes to specific modes (see also next comment)
- I hear no progress in the game music after draining a ball. I'd assume if you drain and get a new ball, and you continue where you left off. Maybe you do in terms of rules, but as the music changes, that indicates to me that the mode changed.

Hope the above is useful

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tokyo-perfect-drift?tu=unigroove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.