1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Yoko2una
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

There is a new arcade bar adjacent to the Stronghold Barbershop on the main street of Dover, New Hampshire. The two businesses share a large gameroom in the back, with about a dozen pinballs, about 20 arcade video games, and two Skee-Ball games. They will have family time Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM, where those below drinking age can come if accompanied by their parent or guardian (NH law for drinking establishments, I think). They serve food, too. Adult hours start at 4:00 PM on weekdays and (apparently) 3:00 PM on weekends.

Address is 284 Central Avenue, Dover, NH, USA. The sign includes a pair of flippers, which I take as an indication of their commitment to pinball.

Note to token collectors: they have some tokens custom-made for them, mixed in with generic tokens. Check your tokens carefully!
    .................David Marston

1 year later
    #2 3 months ago

Bump for this thread, and shout out to Tokens. I've always wanted to visit here after hearing some good things so I made the trek with someone Saturday night.

Overall, a great selection of pins (listed below, including one of the best WCS collections I've seen) that I believe were all $0.50 - $0.75 per play, good beers, and a nice selection of vids as well. Also, 2 doors down there's a kick ass pizza place that does slices of a ton of different varieties, which reminded me of a place like Antonio's if you're familiar with UMass Amherst. The two slices I tried (bacon buffalo chicken w/ jalepenos and ranch, & spinach feta tomato) were dynamite.

My only minor complaint was that weren't enough places to put a full beer. Some of the vids had tables between them, but some didn't. All the pins have pingulps on them which is awesome... but the glasses used weren't pint glasses. They were the more fancy type with a stem, with a base that was too snug to want to push it in the pin gulp, so it only made sense for me to use it when the beer was half gone. Ok, fine, I'll chug half of each round before I go back to playing

Overall though, an awesome location, and an awesome time. Will definitely be returning. Also, the Otter Creek Bonus Stage IPA was rock f'ing solid! Never tried that before, and once I did it was all I had throughout the night.

Current lineup - Munsters Pro, TAF, TWD Pro, TOM, SS, IMDN Pro, AFM original, IJ, WCS, AS Pro, GnR, Pinbot, South Park, Dr. Who, WH20

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside