5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

There is a new arcade bar adjacent to the Stronghold Barbershop on the main street of Dover, New Hampshire. The two businesses share a large gameroom in the back, with about a dozen pinballs, about 20 arcade video games, and two Skee-Ball games. They will have family time Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM, where those below drinking age can come if accompanied by their parent or guardian (NH law for drinking establishments, I think). They serve food, too. Adult hours start at 4:00 PM on weekdays and (apparently) 3:00 PM on weekends.

Address is 284 Central Avenue, Dover, NH, USA. The sign includes a pair of flippers, which I take as an indication of their commitment to pinball.

Note to token collectors: they have some tokens custom-made for them, mixed in with generic tokens. Check your tokens carefully!
    .................David Marston

1 year later
    #2 4 years ago

Bump for this thread, and shout out to Tokens. I've always wanted to visit here after hearing some good things so I made the trek with someone Saturday night.

Overall, a great selection of pins (listed below, including one of the best WCS collections I've seen) that I believe were all $0.50 - $0.75 per play, good beers, and a nice selection of vids as well. Also, 2 doors down there's a kick ass pizza place that does slices of a ton of different varieties, which reminded me of a place like Antonio's if you're familiar with UMass Amherst. The two slices I tried (bacon buffalo chicken w/ jalepenos and ranch, & spinach feta tomato) were dynamite.

My only minor complaint was that weren't enough places to put a full beer. Some of the vids had tables between them, but some didn't. All the pins have pingulps on them which is awesome... but the glasses used weren't pint glasses. They were the more fancy type with a stem, with a base that was too snug to want to push it in the pin gulp, so it only made sense for me to use it when the beer was half gone. Ok, fine, I'll chug half of each round before I go back to playing

Overall though, an awesome location, and an awesome time. Will definitely be returning. Also, the Otter Creek Bonus Stage IPA was rock f'ing solid! Never tried that before, and once I did it was all I had throughout the night.

Current lineup - Munsters Pro, TAF, TWD Pro, TOM, SS, IMDN Pro, AFM original, IJ, WCS, AS Pro, GnR, Pinbot, South Park, Dr. Who, WH20

9 months later
    #3 3 years ago

I went there on December 12, 2020. They are open, with plexiglas dividers between the games.
    .................David Marston

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tokens-taproom-dover-nh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.