(Topic ID: 145568)

Todd Tuckey, you are EPIC sir!

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20151201_223145.jpg
    20151201_220518-1.jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Todd,

I never got to really tell you, but I want to tell you. You are EPIC sir!

I appreciate you. Your excitement, your enthusiasm, your character. Your genuine love for all things pinball. You are awesome.

You were making youtube videos before people had internet in their homes. You didnt even know they would be youtube videos. You were filming videos back when many people didn't even know someone on their street with a camcorder. You were making how-to videos for pinball before I entered into Kindergarten. You single handily kept Sony making VHS tapes for years longer than they had planned. lol

You are a true ambassador for the entire hobby of pinball.

When someone googles some obscure title, they find you. When there is a machine that no-one has made a video about: you have made a video about it. You are the front lines. You are the first person many first time owners find, the curious public, the researching soon to be owner. You are their whimsical, passionate guide. And you have done a damn good job.

You are not out to do wrong by anyone. You are one of the most visible and valuable assets the hobby of pinball has. You are a cornerstone. You have done your part. You have led the way.

We could all stand to be a little bit like Todd Tuckey. A little more simple, a little more fun, and a lot more excited about pinball.

Thank you Todd for everything you have done and continue to do!

-Jared

#2 8 years ago

My first pin was alien poker. Understanding pinball was the only tutorial on it at the time and it set the hook.

#3 8 years ago

I effing love Todd and his videos!!!! Never give up making then or the HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL!!! And don't forget to service the television set with the new cap-o-magic system.

#4 8 years ago

My father and I watch his videos all the time! Hopefully we can run into him some day so we can thank him for all the advice and laughs he has given us.

#5 8 years ago

Stern should give Todd a WOZ to toss off the roof for his next video.

#6 8 years ago

Yep. Always the first videos I watch when checking out a new pin to buy.

Funny

#7 8 years ago

I concur. TNT videos are awesome. I don't know how you've completed so many. That's a feat in itself. I'm always bummed if I ever search a title and the TNT video isn't the first one.

#8 8 years ago

Before I buy any game, I watch Todd's videos. He has a voice fit for radio!

#9 8 years ago

My purchase experience with Todd and the TNT gang was great.

#10 8 years ago

Bought my first pin from Todd. EBD. Great guy.

George

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Stern should give Todd a WOZ to toss off the roof for his next video.

LOL, no warranty on that game, huh Joe?

#12 8 years ago

Todds a great guy. He helped me get a sound board back in a deal he wasn't even involved in. He is a good guy and great for the hobby!

#13 8 years ago

I like Todd and his videos, except the one where he tossed a bunch of pins / vids off the roof of a building. That made me angry.

#14 8 years ago

I remember seeing him at expo 1993 at a seminar he was giving.
    He explained in detail how to set up and run a company like his own TNT and shared a lot of do's and don'ts.
    It had me seriously thinking of starting my own business with his visions.
    He even demonstrated how to make catchy advertising movies to show on local television.
    To me it was very touching him showing all his tactics, it was very unselfish.
    Later we met at the Alvin G factory tour where he was enthousiastically filming the event, i recently saw it again on youtube.
    Very nice and inspiring person to me, keep on going Todd!!

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I like Todd and his videos, except the one where he tossed a bunch of pins / vids off the roof of a building. That made me angry.

They were roached games beyond saving.

#16 8 years ago

No, Jared. Todd will NOT give you the family discount on a machine.

#17 8 years ago

I love Todd's videos but am STILL waiting for Part III of the Sea Wolf Guy!!! Let's get it done Todd!!

#18 8 years ago

Looks like someone picked up a new pair of knee pads on Black Friday.

#19 8 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments! I really do appreciate them and am thankful that I do have some real fans and started people into the collecting hobby too!
    Yes, I do enjoy games very much. I was in this business to make money of course, but in 1998, I actually became a COLLECTOR when my 2 year old expressed lots of interest in the games and I started filling our 2 car garage with them....changing to cabaret games because I could get more into the garage! That's when I too, got bitten by the collecting bug and have amassed so many cabarets and minis!
    I enjoy making the videos (went to college for filmmaking--many of you know Bob Saget and I were the only two that got A minus because the teacher never gave A's)

for those of you who would want to see it. Of course, this led to me being able to make the videos for TNT which started in 1989 that Jared pointed out in his wonderful opening statement.

Now, with 1070 videos posted, and of course plenty more games to finish and film, I hope to cover new topics (see the Crosley Radio video!) whenever possible! The Sea Wolf 3 is out there....the problem is time. The first Sea Wolf recording was 6 minutes, the second was 8 minutes, the third is 75 minutes...way too long to keep up the momentum...and I may release it in parts instead...when I can catch up! Remember, I still have daughters (16 and 19) that need attention as well as my lovely wife!!

Thanks again everyone!

SIncerely yours,
    Todd N Tuckey
    TNT

#20 8 years ago

Todd,

Thank you! Like many others have already stated, your videos are both fun and informative. Whenever discussing a "new" game with the family, both my wife and daughter immediately ask, "has that guy from TNT done a video?" You have made an impact! Don't ever lose your passion and willingness to contribute to the hobby - they are admired and appreciated!

Xeneize

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

That was one of my favorites.

#22 8 years ago

You are great Todd

#23 8 years ago

Yep, Todd's YouTube channel is usually my first stop for video reference material for a game--how it looks, how it sounds, and how it plays. Since I repair games, it's helpful to see how a game is supposed to operate, especially when I have a dead game that I've never seen played before. Any nuggets of info, like the recent tidbit on how interconnected the Flight 2000 sound & lamp board, are helpful and interesting as well.

#25 8 years ago

Todd:

Are you ever in a bad mood?

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

You can make fun of me if you want. That's OK. I can handle it.

I thought that Todd deserved to hear how I felt about him and I knew that sharing it like this would encourage others to share their thoughts as well.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You can make fun of me if you want. That's OK. I can handle it.
    I thought that Todd deserved to hear how I felt about him and I knew that sharing it like this would encourage others to share their thoughts as well.

Everybody knows you're well-intentioned, Jared. You're just as nice a guy as Todd is. But speaking for myself, wouldn't you wonder if I was feeling okay if I didn't bust your balls? It's all good, brother...I'll buy you a beer in Texas!

#28 8 years ago

Todd did a great job on my HMM! And looking forward to my PaperBoy arcade he is working on for me!

-Dan

#29 8 years ago

Keep on Keeping on Todd!

#30 8 years ago

Everybodys favorite Uncle.See ya at Allentown!!!!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

LOL, no warranty on that game, huh Joe?

Actually, dropping a WOZ off the roof IS covered in the WOZ warranty, page 17, paragraph 19.4.6.8.21, but ONLY if the game was was owned by the original purchaser at the time of dropoff, and ONLY if the game was purchased from an authorized JJP distributor.

But, since we are oft reminded that they are "built like a tank", the roof drop would probably hurt the parking lot more than the game.

I am anxiously awaiting awaiting video proof.

#32 8 years ago

I have to thank Todd for sparking my interest in Centaur. After watching his videos of the gameplay and rules I started trying to find one. It took a while but I finally found a good candidate for restoration and sent it to Chris at HEP for the full treatment. Can't wait to get that one back! Keep up the great videos Todd.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Thank you all for your kind comments! I really do appreciate them and am thankful that I do have some real fans and started people into the collecting hobby too!

I was wondering Todd. Do you ever regret selling your Big Bang Bar? That was a sad episode to see your daughter play it for the last time.

#34 8 years ago

Well, I probabyl would still love to have it...but it did buy me a year and a half of college for my daughter!

#35 8 years ago

What next? Todd Tuckey for president?

20151201_220518-1.jpg20151201_220518-1.jpg

He will always retain his superstar status!

#36 8 years ago

Whenever I look at buying a game I first google whatever title "tnt" and hopefully I see a friendly face. Whether it's getting information on a game or helpful tips on repairs (batman forever reflowing solder to the large dmd display connectors) Thank you Todd. Hopefully in the near future you guys start doing some early stern titles. Also nice to see a positive thread. Thanks guys, keep on flipping!

#37 8 years ago

Don' t Forget.

IMG_20151201_223145.jpgIMG_20151201_223145.jpg

#38 8 years ago

Todd is a good dude.. Been very good to my family and friends..

#39 8 years ago

Coinbox Podcast just put out their Thanksgiving episode with a long interview with Todd telling his story, which runs almost 2hrs. Its a good one!

http://coinbox.libsyn.com/ep19-happy-thanksgiving-todd-tuckey-interview-special

#40 8 years ago

Every time I find a pin for sale (that i am unfamiliar with) the first thing I do is pull up the TNT pin video that is related to that machine.

Todd is a great showman and can make me want to buy a crap pin just by going over it's positive points on his vids.

#41 8 years ago

It's amazing to make over a 1000 videos just on pinball. Todd seems to be such a cool dude to hang out with, and hear some of many stories he has on pinball. Love his YouTube videos.

#42 8 years ago

Love TNT videos. Would love to visit that warehouse someday, so many treasures hiding it seems! Very prompt on email, amazingly so.

#43 8 years ago

we just interview Todd on the Coinbox Pinball podcast. He is such a great friend and guy! www.coinboxpodcast.com episode 19

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Whenever I look at buying a game I first google whatever title "tnt" and hopefully I see a friendly face.

I save the time typing "tnt" since his videos always show up at the top anyways. Think of the wear and tear my keyboard doesn't have to suffer through on the T and N keys like yours does!

#45 8 years ago

Todd is easily part of arcade history. I doubt anyone will ever be able to post as many informative arcade related videos that he has. Seems like every time I'm searching for a game I'm not familiar with, there's a video of Todd going through the game! Awesome to say the least.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

I could make a video!

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Todd - you really are one of my guilty pleasures too!! I'm a subscriber.

STFU Beezleboobie - back to the basement

#48 8 years ago

Todd, like Lloyd (LTG) is a real credit to the hobby. I've learned to reflow that solder on them connectors. Also I bought a game or two with Todd's famous battery mod on them. More power to TNT!

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Todd, like Lloyd (LTG) is a real credit to the hobby. I've learned to reflow that solder on them connectors. Also I bought a game or two with Todd's famous battery mod on them. More power to TNT!

Hey - this is a Todd Tuckey Fanboi thread - lighten up with the LTG adulation will ya?

#50 8 years ago

I think his videos are universally loved. I like projects and I always check his video of any prospective title to be sure it's a game i'll enjoy after putting in the effort to resurrect. They have prevented me from making poor purchases and helped me make good ones that I was unaware of before.

He's also the reason why i'm looking hard for Robo War and Transporter. Ugh!

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-you-are-epic-sir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.