Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ronlisa
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TNT 1 (resized).png
    3DC41CAE-9A9A-49E6-A033-AB72B8CD993A (resized).jpeg
    9D374C48-49AD-4D4F-8A82-76AEA352A56A (resized).png
    Bane 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3266 (resized).PNG
    15498646971_1941e2f6d0_b (resized).jpg
    j-peterman-the-muffin-tops-seinfeld (resized).jpg
    20181128_175556 (resized).jpg
    curt! (resized).jpg
    170px-Christie_Brinkley_at_Met_Opera_4 (resized).jpg
    imakkkges (resized).jpg
    mc (resized).jpg
    Pinball Adventures (resized).jpg
    525C59AD-75B8-4779-9FA7-BBAAA07CAE05 (resized).jpeg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Thank you to everyone who supported me with the release of this book and also on the "Pinball Adventures" forum post.

Since publisher Andrew Macbain (user PinballBuzz) has publicly released his highly-edited contract termination email with false claims against me, I have decided to respond to each of his statements in a public letter to him, which can be read in its entirety here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OqCbjLvac0AyovWDX8s90GXZzmahi5bty9r5snJkiv8/edit?usp=sharing

Make sure you read the un-edited email he sent me first at the top of the document. Warning: his language does get explicit.

My response is a bit lengthy, but I wanted to address each and every inaccuracy that was written against me by Andrew.

Please feel free to comment; you do not need a Google account to read the document and to be able to view all photos through their Dropbox links.

Again, thank you to all Pinsiders friends who have supported TNT Amusements and my staff & family. We wouldn't be here without you!

- Todd N. Tuckey

(put a pot of coffee on and pop some popcorn and read!)

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Thank you to everyone who supported me with the release of this book and also on the "Pinball Adventures" forum post.
    Since publisher Andrew Macbain (user PinballBuzz) has publicly released his highly-edited contract termination email with false claims against me, I have decided to respond to each of his statements in a public letter to him, which can be read in its entirety here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OqCbjLvac0AyovWDX8s90GXZzmahi5bty9r5snJkiv8/edit?usp=sharing
    Make sure you read the un-edited email he sent me first at the top of the document. Warning: his language does get explicit.
    My response is a bit lengthy, but I wanted to addressed each and every inaccuracy that was written against me by Andrew.
    Please feel free to comment; you do not need a Google account to read the document and to be able to view all photos through their Dropbox links.
    Again, thank you to all Pinsiders friends who have supported TNT Amusements and my staff & family. We wouldn't be here without you!
    - Todd N. Tuckey
    (put a pot of coffee on and pop some popcorn and read!)

Well said

#3 5 years ago

Holy crap this Andrew Macbain guy is beyond incompetent. I find it doubly humorous that Andrew Macbain has been so outspoken about keeping the Andrew Macbain name off pinside and out of the videos. Andrew Macbain knows this was a turd from the beginning, and was too scared to put his name on it. Kind of like when a director makes a movie that is so terrible, they remove their name from the credits.

I hope this fiasco makes the top of every search result when ANDREW MACBAIN is searched in Google. Hopefully I used his name enough to bump this thread up a few notches on the list!

#5 5 years ago

I see a celebrity boxing match.....except there is only one celebrity here......

#6 5 years ago

Todd he says you defamed the book to everyone in Chicago. I met you in Chicago and you never once said a bad word about the book or Andrew. I will swear to that fact in an affidavit if necessary. He sure is a delusional tool.

525C59AD-75B8-4779-9FA7-BBAAA07CAE05 (resized).jpeg525C59AD-75B8-4779-9FA7-BBAAA07CAE05 (resized).jpeg
    #7 5 years ago

My favorite part is Andrew Macbain bragged about having connections to Tom Hanks and Michael J Fox. What a tool.

#8 5 years ago

How can you watch Todd's videos and not see the self-deprecating humor? This is like watching Rodney Dangerfield and coming away thinking "This man can't catch a break. Everyone is disrespecting him".

#9 5 years ago

So sorry to hear about all of this drama Todd. It's seems pretty clear this Mcbain guy had a separate agenda. I actually bought and have the book. This is certainly a lesson when it comes to making sure you have complete creative control or at minimum the final approval when it comes to printing something. This could've been a really special book but instead Mcbain stuck his nose in it and screwed it all up. It's a shame really.

#10 5 years ago

#11 5 years ago

Todd is one my favorite YouTube celebrity’s, he makes me laugh and he such a handsome guy.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Holy crap this Andrew Macbain guy is beyond incompetent. I find it doubly humorous that Andrew Macbain has been so outspoken about keeping the Andrew Macbain name off pinside and out of the videos. Andrew Macbain knows this was a turd from the beginning, and was too scared to put his name on it. Kind of like when a director makes a movie that is so terrible, they remove their name from the credits.
    I hope this fiasco makes the top of every search result when ANDREW MACBAIN is searched in Google. Hopefully I used his name enough to bump this thread up a few notches on the list!

So who is this Andrew Macbain person. Is Andrew Macbain the one Todd is talking about. Andrew Macbain's letter doesn't help his image or cause very much

#13 5 years ago

For those who need context about Andrew: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/

WARNING: You'll need a LOT of popcorn for this one.

#14 5 years ago

Wow I need to catch up on all of this. What in the hell?! So much drama.

#15 5 years ago

Your videos were an invaluable resource when I was first getting into the hobby, and I still love 'em now. No idea who this Andrew Macbain is (aside from his deluded forum posts), but he certainly has put a scummy spin on everything. Very unfortunate that things went this way.

I look forward to your future book(s) as mentioned, and I'll be a buyer on those for sure

#16 5 years ago

Can someone summarize with a Cliff Notes version? The other thread was like 25 pages

#17 5 years ago

Seems like Todd spends many hours writing what he thinks is his book, but this guy Mcbain was actually just thinking that with so many subscribers, he would sell so many books before anyone knows what is going on. Then he takes the money, prints a few snipets, unedited, repeated chapters, errors, etc... and would do a cash grab and bolt. Seems like everyone wanted to see it first then buy it, so Mcbain goes on a rant about he is a genious and invented a gutter rake. Todd just let him run about mostly and bury himself. Thats what it seemed like to me.

#18 5 years ago

This whole thing is just so unfortunate.

#19 5 years ago

Well written response Todd. Really too bad - I was looking fwd to getting a copy. I hope to see it done right. Does come off as rather scammy on Andrew macbains side. Would love to get Andrew macbains name up there on the google search with this thread coming up, maybe with pigeon patrol as well. Randomly I sold pigeon patrol a nice escape from the lost world pin this year— would never deal with him again after reading about this shit show.

#20 5 years ago

I think we’re gonna be able to bump up the Andrew Macbain hits on the google machine.
    Sayings like “Macbains gonna Macbain” and “Boy, you really Macbained that one” could catch on like wildfire.
    Why do people have to be jerks? I just don’t get how this person thinks that all of the jawjacking is going to help his image. Even if he was right, all of this lashing out comes off as an attempt to distract from the facts or to cover his tracks.
    Sorry to hear that the situation is deteriorating.
    Todd, I know it doesn’t help much but people know a genuine person when they meet one and you’re the real deal. People don’t keep the same employees for as long as you have if they are not honest, genuine and caring people. I am proud to say that I have a couple of games from you (even though I cheaped out and bought bargain basements, ha!) and I will not be hesitant to guide people your way when they are wanting a quality piece from a quality person. Wishing you all the best!

#21 5 years ago

Todd, I hope you find another publisher to offer your stories because I will be in line for sure. I bought the first one from that con-man and I won't be buying anymore. I also hope anyone that signed up for the whole series contacts their credit card company or paypal for reimbursement. It clearly is not what was advertised in quality or content.

#22 5 years ago

Todd liked the bad cats I had at pintastic 2 years ago, heck it was even featured in one of his videos. Such a nice guy.

#23 5 years ago

New to the drama table with this one, but jeesh what a horrible way to deal with it by this Andrew person. Writing claims so openly without backing it up with any evidence is astonishing.

Is this how he treated his past businesses?

Good for you shooting it all down and standing up against him Todd. You handled it well.

#24 5 years ago

Todd....why did you ever ask this guy for a loan?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Todd....why did you ever ask this guy for a loan?

Ignoring the book deal that does seem like the elephant in the room.

#26 5 years ago

Small businesses can run low on capital from time to time. An influx of purchases and a seasonal downtime of sales could have been a factor.

Nothing to see here folks.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

How can you watch Todd's videos and not see the self-deprecating humor?

My first thoughts when I saw this guy claiming that Todd and his staff were "trashing" the book :

1> Has this guy ever watched a TNT Amusement video? Does this guy have a sense of humor?
    2> This guy seems to be scraping at the bottom of an excuses barrel.

At least we have a formal definition of the word "asshat" now.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

My favorite part is Andrew Macbain bragged about having connections to Tom Hanks and Michael J Fox.

I have connections to them as well. I have watched Back to the Future parts I, II, and III and Castaway.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I have connections to them as well. I have watched Back to the Future parts I, II, and III and Castaway.

And Big....don't forget Big.... it had a pinball in it

#30 5 years ago

What a crazy situation, if the book was not done so poorly I would assume this was all a crazy marketing stunt as its just too much to believe at times. The fact that Andrew paid $1,400 for a "bargain basement" Raven made me laugh out loud. And then stating in a public response that Andrew stated that he rips off customers by charging $900 to clean a playfield, change the rubbers and put LED's in; I hope there is documentation to support that claim. Yikes. At this point if this continues the lawyer fees will dwarf the actual monetary loses by many, many multiples.

The whole thing sounds like a whirlwind romance gone bad with one person totally trying too hard.

"You came with me to Vegas!" "You invited me!"
    "I bought you a laptop!" "I just mentioned I could use one!"
    "You asked me for $40,000" "Just once. Geez."
    "I asked you not to badmouth me to your friends" "Its just my sense of humor baby"
    "I asked you not to mention me by name or the nature of our relationship to anyone in public" "What? But you're my bae!"

#31 5 years ago

It is drama like this that seems to permiate the industry and hobby... I think the larger than life personality is just part of pinball, has been for a while, and will be in the future. The tendencies for clashes in this industry seem to be something you could almost surely bet on, from JPop, Heighway, Pasak v.s. Burke, Dutch Pinball, TNT Book deal, and a boatload of other minor and major feuds in this hobby/industry which have been the status quo since the days of Sam Stern and Harry Williams.

My question is, would we want it any other way?

#32 5 years ago

hmm... I'd like to know if any remaining books will go on sale and be at
    a price below leg levelers...I could use (buy) two then.

#33 5 years ago

very good detailed response, Todd.
    Obviously, this "gentleman" is a crook.
    Shame on him.

#34 5 years ago

That dudes a douche canoe!!!
    Todd your awesome, your videos not only helped me but countless others!!
    Nuff said!! Pinball on!

#35 5 years ago

Well the good thing to think about as I was discussing this with a friend is that this likely won't go to court. It's going to be likely settled between 2 parties via lawyers. Andrew may have had a leg to stand on if he hadn't made those prior posts especially posting the contract termination notice on this public forum. Instead he now has a very likely defamation lawsuit on his hands.

I personally didn't buy the book because I wanted to see it first but mainly when I learned that it was $60 for a book times 10 so that is $600 for a volume of books, I backed out. Can anybody post a photo of the quality of the paper that was used in the book or any typo's? It would be greatly be appreciated for those of us without the book.

Good luck Todd, TNT employees and your families. Just keep chill, you got this.

#36 5 years ago

Todd is going to make his own book. Wait for that one.

#37 5 years ago

Yes...Andrew actually suggested me writing my own book on the original Pinside thread and said he would buy the first copy! That's next year, though, after we get through our holiday sales, before I can start that project!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Ignoring the book deal that does seem like the elephant in the room.

If Andrew intended this book series to be well written, beautifully illustrated and of high caliber, he wouldn’t have disappeared after the first mini run. His lack of trying to remedy the mess he made himself, indicates he wasn’t sincere nor does he care about his reputation. In spite of this being his first publishing adventure - incompetence, bad decisions and ignoring unexpected problems makes me believe this was a scam from the start.

the elephant in the room is .... Where’s my TNT Pinball Adventures book printed on high gloss stock, Andrew Macbain? Once volume 1 is correctly published, I’ll look it over and consider volume 2. Oh I forgot .... this was a scam and I can fogget aboot ever seeing it.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Can anybody post a photo of the quality of the paper that was used in the book or any typo's? It would be greatly be appreciated for those of us without the book.

Pinball Adventures (resized).jpgPinball Adventures (resized).jpg

As you can see from the picture, a lot of the artwork seems like it was uploaded via PDF and done at Kinko's. (Look at the pixelated flyer image next to the book's actual text to see the contrasting quality.) Is it worth $30? That's between you and your God. Personally, I've made far less justifiable pinball-related purchases, especially if I ignore the promise of what this could have been.

That being said, this book is still great fun - almost all of the games profiled have corresponding videos from toddtuckey 's YouTube channel, so I've thoroughly enjoyed using the book as a curated trip through the TNT Amusement video archive.

Keep the faith Todd. All of us randos on the internet are in your corner.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

[quoted image]
    As you can see from the picture, a lot of the artwork seems like it was uploaded via PDF and done at Kinko's. (Look at the pixelated flyer image next to the book's actual text to see the contrasting quality.) Is it worth $30? That's between you and your God. Personally, I've made far less justifiable pinball-related purchases, especially if I ignore the promise of what this could have been.
    That being said, this book is still great fun - almost all of the games profiled have corresponding videos from toddtuckey 's YouTube channel, so I've thoroughly enjoyed using the book as a curated trip through the TNT Amusement video archive.

I’d say the pdf pages are CRAP and look like Ass!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I thought that was a heavily low-res compressed image at first but the text on the left is clear. Very bizarre. I would hurt my eyes to try and read that.

#43 5 years ago

Funny That Andrew MacBain name drops celebrities who refused to let there likeness be used in their movie themed games to take part in a pinball project.

Anyway the drama here has turned me off buying a game from Todd... I guess there are now damages should anyone want to take legal action against Andrew MacBain for defamation.

Would still love to see a real Todd Tuckey book though.

#44 5 years ago

It was just downloaded at the wrong resolution (LOW)! .....anything you use in the book should be 300 dpi Tif .....

#45 5 years ago

I would have a hard time taking anything seriously that comes from the email address "Pigeon Patrol."

#46 5 years ago

The more I learn about this whole fiasco, the better Todd looks, and the more that other guy looks like a belligerent loudmouth whose only real business acumen stems from a combination of overconfidence and blissful ignorance. I would never dive headfirst into publishing with zero experience and only passing knowledge of the subject matter. But then, that lack of irrational confidence is probably why I'll never own a small business, successful or otherwise.

#47 5 years ago

$1,400 for a fixer upper raven?!?

Just kidding Todd, I understand retail...we love you

#48 5 years ago

This just seems like a bunch of unnecessary drama! I love Todd's videos as they have been very educational and informative. In regards to the book everything happens for a reason. The good news it happened early and not after book 3 Hopefully Todd can partner with someone whose legit, and together they can produce a great product. Once thats done I am sure it will sell well. Clearly this guy didn't have the capital to get this done. People in this industry expect quality, and usually have zero issues paying for it.

#49 5 years ago

Todd, keep doing what you do, we love you just the way you are.

imakkkges (resized).jpgimakkkges (resized).jpg
    #50 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

love you just the way you are

Didn't BJ put that in a song to his wife just before trading for 170px-Christie_Brinkley_at_Met_Opera_4 (resized).jpg170px-Christie_Brinkley_at_Met_Opera_4 (resized).jpg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.