Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
    #401 5 years ago

^ this.

This guy isn't a scammer, just someone looking to make a quick buck.

He just didn't know what he was getting himself into.

#402 5 years ago

I wonder what might have happened had he not posted in this thread, quietly fixed the paper issue and released his next book.

#403 5 years ago

These are my favorite parts of the contract termination -

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Another thing that also contributed to us breaking this contract with you would be the amount of dismal sales from your subscribers. You did not even get half of a percent of your subscribers. I think that you sold fewer than 100 books if that.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Understand that we designed a platform on how we were going to market this book and this was our job as per the contract not yours. Nowhere in the contract does it say that you are to market or tell people about this book.

PS - I am one of the 100 books that Todd sold. I pre-ordered all 10 because of Todd's involvement and humor. I also ordered an additional copy of both volume 1 and 2 for gifts....so I guess I am over 12% of the books that Todd sold! I don't remember there being a specific referral link from Todd, so I am not sure how they are tracking Todd's sales but I think Pinballbuzz's numbers might be more than a little off. I doubt that I would have ever heard about these books without Todd mentioning them.

#404 5 years ago

There ya go bringing facts and logic
    Of course the 100 copies that Todd sold at expo within the first day are never mentioned either.

#405 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

This will be my last post here.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Last post to you!

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Post away but this will be the last post to keep you entertained.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Wow looks like my last post is making Todd great again.

I'm sensing a pattern here

#406 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm sensing a pattern here

His "successful marriage" trumps all.

To be CONtinued......

#407 5 years ago

"Honey please deactivate that silly pinside account and enjoy the cruise with us!"

#408 5 years ago

Guys, are you sure he hasn't just changed his surname and it used to be 'Heighway'?

#409 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

All of the writing submitted was by Todd, except the forward

Foreword

That guy is an editor?? I doubt he's ever read a book.

#410 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

^ this.

"Meet the Flockers"

#411 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

^ this.

He's either not a very good scammer or he just flat sucks at math if he spent $40,000 on printing 300 books to sell them at $30 each.
    By my math that only netted him $9,000 lol.

Maybe one of the chapters in one of the upcoming editions can be titled "how to make $9,000 in the pinball industry"?
    You start out with $40,000.

#412 5 years ago

If he spent anywhere $40K, he needs my help badly!
    (unless he printed 25K books and the cruise was included)

#413 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

2 day expedited printing? Did this dolt use Shutterfly for printing? Starting to sound like it.

Clearly... this was an effort to assemble content from other people... print via readily available contract companies... and.. PROFIT!

The guy's obsession with Todd's youtube followers and attach rate there shows exactly where their head was. Typical 'quick flip' thinking...

#414 5 years ago

Wow I don't know where to start..... Thread starts out civil with some negative criticism about a book. Todd is not saying anything bad about it. Guy comes out of the woodwork defaming Todd for no reason when Todd did not publicly attack him at all saying he is broke and can't make payroll, his contract was terminated ect. So Todd made a few videos being Todd talking about using the book as toilet paper and leg levelers. That is why we all love him and his videos!! If it wasn't for the cheesy inflatable hand gags, the constant hidden middle fingers pointing at stuff, getting fake electrocuted when ever he goes near the high voltage section of a board, people yelling Curt all over the warehouse, the living is good song and of course the wealth of knowledge he has about arcade games and pinballs in general, he would just be another used game salesman trying to make a buck. But Todd has proven that it isn't all about making a buck to him but helping people who have the same love of the hobby as he does. Of course he needs to provide a living for his family and make money as well but we all do have that need. He does not force anyone to buy from him.

I believe Todd may have a lawsuit on hand. Some of the things this editor posted are very hurtful and low. Then the guy repeatedly says he is done with the thread, only to come back in and make a bigger fool of himself. My favorite part is when he tries to brag on a Pinball forum how he has 3 houses over 5000 square feet, has no trouble making payroll and is going on a 3 week vacation but then complains that he spent $5,000 on flying Todd out to meet with him. Throw in the fact he basically came up and patented a stick with a hook to clean out gutters and then self reviewed the product on Amazon with a fake name below This guy is a class act. Guess all the houses, buildings he built, people he employs, or money in the world can't change the fact that he is insecure with himself and can't take any criticism or ball busting of any kind. Good thing he has all that money though. Seems like he only was in this to try and make lots of it off a well loved staple in the Pinball community!

Then you have Todd on the other hand, keeping a cool head who basically is just sitting back letting the guy make a a$$ out of himself for all of Pinside to see. I think most people would agree that Todd is a huge asset to the hobby (and kids love him!). I have never bought a game from Todd (not yet anyways), nor have I met him, but I only hear great things about him. I can tell you that if I ask a question on one of his Youtube videos ect, he takes the time to respond even though he doesn't have to. He answered a question I had on wiring up a skee ball to free play on one of his videos when he could of just said buzz off. I can also tell you for a fact, that he takes the time out of his day (which I am sure he is a very busy man and all trying to keep that sheriffs sale from happening ) to wish me a happy birthday on facebook. That is more then some of my family members even do lol. I can guarantee that he has not been in business for 40 years because of nothing. No one sells a game as mister zipline described and stays in business for that long!

I will bet pinballbuzz that TNT will be around long after Pinball Buzz (and any other side projects he has) has been ran into the ground by an arrogant, ego stroking selfish human being who couldn't bite his tongue to save his life. Enjoy the 3 week vacation zip lining, eating caviar, the 3 mansions (lol) ......I see lonely nights of ramen noodle dinners, future letters from the CRA and possible lawsuits in his future while he sits and sobs about how great he once was. He invented the gutter scoop dammit!!! Give this man some respect!! lol.

In all seriousness, pinball buzz, I would like to offer you a piece of advice, you should possibly look to hire someone to represent you in public relations to handle all the constructive criticism you get. Someone who will comment only in your best interest. This would save you a lot of time and headache. Would give you more time to walk your dog and go zip lining. You very well may become your own worse enemy if you keep spouting off every time someone says something bad. Take a breath and move on not only is it better for business but better for yourself.

#415 5 years ago

Hall of fame thread. I'll miss you, pinballbuzzkill!

#416 5 years ago

Post #414 should be marked as a key post. fatality83 sums up the situation very well for anyone who is just dropping in. Good work!

#417 5 years ago

wow, I haven't seen this much drama in a long time. This guy reminds of the will farrell character

Those that have money typically don't flaunt it
    Those that are smart typically don't brag about it

#418 5 years ago

This is an amazing trainwreck of a thread. Thank for insisting I read the whole thing PinballBuzz

I was looking forward to buying this series of books, but I'm highly unlikely to now. Apparently the first one is full of amatuer mistakes, the company is ran by someone with skin thinner than his paper stock, and he publicly conducts himself like a fool. I have zero faith in any more volumes being published.

It really seems like he wanted to hustle a hobby for a bit of money and looked up the biggest personality that he could afford. (I love how much he talks about converting Todd's YouTube subscribers into purchasers of the book. That was the extent of his market research). I hope someone with more experience can work with Todd, and similar individuals, to make a worthwhile publication. I'm sure Todd needs a lot of help with writing and editing, but it's clear that the publisher didn't give a damn about making a quality product in the first place.

Pinside has got to be the best place to learn the lesson of never preorder anything.

#419 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the video of Todd using the book as a leg leveler?

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Looks like at least we won't be basically called shitty and stupid people anymore...for a while.
    And here I thought he may have made it to that 1 percent he acted like he was in (1 percent up/down vote ratio. LOL).[quoted image][quoted image]

Off to twirl and wax his stashe, I'm guessin'.

snidely-whiplash-wacky-races-1509647938 (resized).jpgsnidely-whiplash-wacky-races-1509647938 (resized).jpg
    #421 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Does anyone have a link to the video of Todd using the book as a leg leveler?

Go to 4:30

#422 5 years ago

I have done as requested and sent multiple emails and messages with no response, so I ask in the best Aussie way
    \I try to be patient and nice

BUT

Where's me book ya CXNT!

#423 5 years ago

I left a fair and honest review on the Amazons. Maybe you also would?

#424 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I left a fair and honest review on the Amazons. Maybe you also would?

I hope you signed it with a fake name at the end all the while your user name is your real name like the gutter scoop guy

#425 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I hope you signed it with a fake name at the end all the while your user name is your real name like the gutter scoop guy

Why should that matter? He going to leave his cruise ship to come fight me?

#426 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Why should that matter? He going to leave his cruise ship to come fight me?

put 'em up. put 'em up
    CAGEY LION 7 (resized).pngCAGEY LION 7 (resized).png

#427 5 years ago

Holy shit! This thread just keeps a rollin' on!

#428 5 years ago

Love the TNT

8F3F371D-6F21-444C-BF96-FCC8F5FE3225 (resized).jpeg8F3F371D-6F21-444C-BF96-FCC8F5FE3225 (resized).jpeg
    #429 5 years ago

I'm one of the idiots that bit on the full 10 volume pre-order. My decision was based primarily on Todd's initial YouTube video announcement. I was disappointed with the quality of Vol. 1, but I could have lived with it. I was disappointed to hear that Todd left the project, but I could have lived with that too. I'm not okay with this shitshow of a thread. With the lack of goodwill I see no reason to believe that Vols. 2-10 will see the light of day. I emailed Pinball Buzz and requested a refund of my pre-order money less the cost of an individual book. I tried to be diplomatic about it and indicated that I would buy the books individually if Pinball Buzz could show an ability to produce them. According to their reply they cannot accept returns on "sale" items. And they reiterated that Todd was "beyond our control". But they did offer to send me the missing chapter. I guess it didn't occur to them to actually send me the missing chapter. Apparently I have to specifically request that they send me the missing chapter.

Okay, so I tried a PayPal dispute. Instead of responding at the dispute level, Andrew hit the escalate button with a massive reply that was mostly a cut and paste of their terms and conditions. He says I placed the order "months ago" yet the PayPal invoice is less than a month old. He says their 15 day return window has expired. Weren't these books sent regular mail? I actually haven't found any record of when I received it. He concludes by saying that he's sold hundreds of books and I'm the first person to request a refund.

I hate to see him get the last word, but It would appear that I have no further opportunity to respond unless PayPay requests more information. I have no idea how these things play out. We'll see...

I'm intrigued that this Andrew guy is willing to go to war with me over something that has yet to be produced. There are no physical items to return ship, inspect and restock. Would it not be easier to refund the money and simply sell the books to someone else?

#430 5 years ago

The reason why he's willing to go to war with you, is he doesn't have the money. Simple. If he had the money, he would have produced a better book, and if he had the money, your refund would be no sweat off his back.

He's broke, and acts like it.

My theory.

#431 5 years ago

Also, I think the title of this thread should be changed again. It's not really about Todd anymore. I'm thinking the title should be something more like "Pinball Adventures Book Reviews". Or at least add the name of the book to the title.

#432 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This guy sounds a lot like Andrew Heighway, another notorious pinball scammer. It is pretty telling that he will not answer the one simple question asked of him about refunds. I hope Rondogg posts his response on here, since "editor" isn't man enough to.
    The notion that he equates success and character with a bunch of material possessions is pretty laughable as well. All the while, refusing to sign his actual name. What a knob.

I PM'd Andrew on Sunday and emailed to the address on the WebSite on Monday. I haven't received a response as to how he would compensate people like me who bought the rough draft edition.

#433 5 years ago

I received my book oct 9, I’d have to believe all were received within a day of that. I’d be surprised if PayPal doesn’t rule in your favor. I’d say the return period isn’t from book one, but 15 days of each book being shipped. How are you to know if you will have a problem until it ships? You haven’t received books 2-10 yet so it’s your right to request a refund. The guy is acting like a tool, he apparently needs the money to fund his family zip lining cruise. Too bad that money was supposed to be to produce a bunch of books. Looks like he’s pulling a paper flock.

#434 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The reason why he's willing to go to war with you, is he doesn't have the money. Simple. If he had the money, he would have produced a better book, and if he had the money, your refund would be no sweat off his back.
    He's broke, and acts like it.
    My theory.

People who genuinely have money, don't feel the need to brag about it. I like your theory also. The other theory I have is that his ego is so huge, he doesn't know how to take a loss (or any criticism whatsoever). He therefore makes every bit of negativity personally. Honestly, if he has his hand in so many businesses/assets, how does he even have time to respond on Pinside? Signing posts on Pinside as "Editor" and refusing to sign his real name here shows his pompous ego at work as well. Could be a little bit of column A and column B. Probably has a bunch of assets he doesn't actually own outright, and is leveraged to the max, as most of these "entrepreneur" clowns that have their toes dipped in 25 different pools usually do.

#435 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

I'm one of the idiots that bit on the full 10 volume pre-order. My decision was based primarily on Todd's initial YouTube video announcement. I was disappointed with the quality of Vol. 1, but I could have lived with it. I was disappointed to hear that Todd left the project, but I could have lived with that too. I'm not okay with this shitshow of a thread. With the lack of goodwill I see no reason to believe that Vols. 2-10 will see the light of day. I emailed Pinball Buzz and requested a refund of my pre-order money less the cost of an individual book. I tried to be diplomatic about it and indicated that I would buy the books individually if Pinball Buzz could show an ability to produce them. According to their reply they cannot accept returns on "sale" items. And they reiterated that Todd was "beyond our control". But they did offer to send me the missing chapter. I guess it didn't occur to them to actually send me the missing chapter. Apparently I have to specifically request that they send me the missing chapter.
    Okay, so I tried a PayPal dispute. Instead of responding at the dispute level, Andrew hit the escalate button with a massive reply that was mostly a cut and paste of their terms and conditions. He says I placed the order "months ago" yet the PayPal invoice is less than a month old. He says their 15 day return window has expired. Weren't these books sent regular mail? I actually haven't found any record of when I received it. He concludes by saying that he's sold hundreds of books and I'm the first person to request a refund.
    I hate to see him get the last word, but It would appear that I have no further opportunity to respond unless PayPay requests more information. I have no idea how these things play out. We'll see...
    I'm intrigued that this Andrew guy is willing to go to war with me over something that has yet to be produced. There are no physical items to return ship, inspect and restock. Would it not be easier to refund the money and simply sell the books to someone else?

If you paid via credit card through Paypal just issue a dispute with your credit card company stating the reason. They can issue a chargeback whether Paypal agrees or not.

#436 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

put 'em up. put 'em up
    [quoted image]

Exit, stage left.......

#437 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

People who genuinely have money, don't feel the need to brag about it. I like your theory also. The other theory I have is that his ego is so huge, he doesn't know how to take a loss (or any criticism whatsoever). He therefore makes every bit of negativity personally. Honestly, if he has his hand in so many businesses/assets, how does he even have time to respond on Pinside? Signing posts on Pinside as "Editor" and refusing to sign his real name here shows his pompous ego at work as well. Could be a little bit of column A and column B. Probably has a bunch of assets he doesn't actually own outright, and is leveraged to the max, as most of these "entrepreneur" clowns that have their toes dipped in 25 different pools usually do.

Tax losses to offset gains elsewhere. For every gutter rake there's a pinball book.

#438 5 years ago

Yeah...the whole book set deal being a "sale item" and waiting months to get an item that only has a 15 day return policy is SUPER SLEAZY in my book (yes, pun).

#439 5 years ago

one of my coworkers significant other is a professional proofreader (or what ever the title is)
    He's stated that for freelance work they charge two dollars a page. For $450 ( I don't have
    the book in front of me, but from memory I think its around 225 pages) all of this
    drama might not have happened. Seems like a no brainer to me!

#440 5 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

one of my coworkers significant other is a professional proofreader (or what ever the title is)
    He's stated that for freelance work they charge two dollars a page. For $450 ( I don't have
    the book in front of me, but from memory I think its around 225 pages) all of this
    drama might not have happened. Seems like a no brainer to me!

Yeah...they should have hired an editor

#441 5 years ago

No offense to anyone,but I feel like pinball peeps pre-ordering $250 worth of books is how we keep getting targeted by these get rich quick guys...

Also, I believe the calendar has been added to the website so Andrew and Ryan don’t seem to be slowing down and why should they since they will try and sell as much as they can before word gets out.

Has everyone contacted the Sponsors to show them this thread?
    https://www.pinballbuzz.com/sponsors/

#442 5 years ago

Most of us that bought the book did so because we enjoy Todd's videos and wanted to give back to him by supporting (what we thought was and seemed advertised as) his book. If I'd have ordered 2-10 I'd definitely be scrambling to try and get that back. Can't imagine those will ever see the light of day.

#443 5 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Most of us that bought the book did so because we enjoy Todd's videos and wanted to give back to him by supporting (what we thought was and seemed advertised as) his book. If I'd have ordered 2-10 I'd definitely be scrambling to try and get that back. Can't imagine those will ever see the light of day.

Yea... no. Nope. That page has turned.....

#444 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Yea... no. Nope. That page has turned.....

...that cruise ship has sailed.

#445 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

No offense to anyone,but I feel like pinball peeps pre-ordering $250 worth of books is how we keep getting targeted by these get rich quick guys...
    Also, I believe the calendar has been added to the website so Andrew and Ryan don’t seem to be slowing down and why should they since they will try and sell as much as they can before word gets out.
    Has everyone contacted the Sponsors to show them this thread?
    https://www.pinballbuzz.com/sponsors/

Wow, he managed to fleece quite a few sponsors along the way...
    And that calendar: Good Lord, that calendar could easily have it's own thread...

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

And that calendar: Good Lord, that calendar could easily have it's own thread...

A portion of the proceeds from each calendar will go to the models to help them further their career.

I hope that doesn't mean: The models worked for free, and we promised them a cut (a "portion") of sales.

#447 5 years ago

A $30 calendar!?!?

#448 5 years ago

But we finally get to see Raven being used as a shooting bench! Pew Pew!

#449 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I hope that doesn't mean: The models worked for free, and we promised them a cut (a "portion") of sales.

Help them with their education, no doubt......

#450 5 years ago

$30 for a 7” x 12” calendar! I work at a printing company and that is ridiculous. Not even a 12x12!

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/9?hl=ackerapple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.