Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
    #201 5 years ago

Okay, this thread has finally persuaded me to turn in my Lurker Card.

Since I happen to have some experience in this area, I thought about posting when Todd first announced this "book deal" because it was obvious that it really wasn't -- there's no actual publisher involved, so from what I can tell this is basically a guy self-publishing a book featuring other people's writing. I didn't want to poop on Todd's parade, but now that the parade has been properly pooped...

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I am sure most magazines in America would not pay an outside party to spell check and go through a rigorous editing process for their freelance writers.

Having worked as a contract editor for a major outlet for several years, I can say that yes, they absolutely would. Sure, some writers need less editing than others, but every writer needs editing. I wrote a bunch of articles for the same outlet where I was trusted to edit hundreds of other writers' articles, and you can bet that my articles went to an editor just the same as a guy who was getting his very first byline. If you truly thought that a freelance writer with no prior publishing credits would turn in copy that was ready to be forwarded straight to the printer, then you have without a doubt bitten off more than you can chew here.

It's a shame that it went down this way, as I'd gladly toss down money for a *professionally edited* book about the adventures of a guy like Todd.

#202 5 years ago

I find this post somewhat entertaining....sounds like the publisher is somewhat entrepreneurial, which I totally respect. He saw a market opportunity and put up his own time and money to create a product...totally respect that. I am sure that both parties made mistakes they wish they could take back (such is life). The challenge for the publisher is that the book is pricey $30....When u pay $30 for a book that has only 200+ pages you expect quality.

#203 5 years ago

maybe people in the know / have publishing connections can put Todd in connection with a real publisher? Sounds like the part of the book that was actually written by Todd people really enjoyed and wanted more of!

#204 5 years ago

I sent a message to Todd. I can help.

#205 5 years ago

I have been watching TNT videos long before I was ever on Pinside. These videos are very entertaining because they are chock full of fun "workplace insubordination" and self-deprecating humour. I was very interested in these books but ONLY if Todd was involved from start to finish.

EDIT: I hope you guys can help! I also hope you have a sense of humor!

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Now this partnership I would buy into.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

I was pretty disappointed in the paper quality (worse than a phone book)

That sounds like quite an exaggeration. Does anyone know the EXACT type of paper that was used?

#208 5 years ago

I would be glad to do it...

#209 5 years ago

Does this mean I wasted $200+?

I got the first book. I was pleased. Not too inventive and on cheap stock but still happy. I'm a sucker for virtually any pinball book. Am I getting volumes 2-10 or my money back or neither??

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

I got the first book. I was pleased. Not too inventive and on cheap stock but still happy. I'm a sucker for virtually any pinball book. Am I getting volumes 2-10 or my money back or neither??

Are u saying you bought volumes 2-10 upfront? Not sure I'd hold my breath for those, but I hope I'm wrong...+ whose creating the content?

#211 5 years ago

The paper quality was so bad that I quickly stopped looking at the pictures. Looks like Todd took some beautiful pictures, completely wasted by the newspaper they were printed on.

And Andrew deftly avoided the question about how original purchasers were going to be compensated for so many errors. If I had known, I would have waited for the 2nd printing.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

At least you got locked in at the cheaper price...once quality is improved, future books could be 150.00 each...that's before Christmas of course...

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Now this is a perfect Post!!

Please don’t use my post to support your sad book. It’s not actually better than Stern’s book, since apparently no book at all would be better than what you’ve done.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Are u saying you bought volumes 2-10 upfront? Not sure I'd hold my breath for those, but I hope I'm wrong...+ whose creating the content?

I'm a dope....I can't help it. I love pinball books. I have just about every one ever made. The money was just sitting there on Paypal. At least I'm a trial lawyer so if it goes south, I will litigate all over somebody!

20181109_144002 (resized).jpg20181109_144002 (resized).jpg
    #215 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I would be glad to do it...

No kidding, I’d be happy to provide any typographical or grammar checks, free of charge.

I’m an English major, so you can trust me.

#216 5 years ago

That said, I don't think the paper quality is that bad. Mine was not mutilated in shipping and while the stock is not Pinball Magazine quality, it's not "toilet paper" either. I give it a solid "B," maybe "B-." It will go on the shelf.

I encourage the publisher to continue his work. Get creative. There is an audience out there. Many cool ways to proceed. Lord knows I'm all in at this point....

#217 5 years ago

A simple google search of Andrew Macbain (The Pigeon Guy) and Ryan Ponto will show you that our pinball community has attracted another get rich quick scam artist, someone who has begged for money on Dragon’s Den and “created” 90+ products most of which have failed. Ryan’s “automated websites” are laughable and look more like cheap templates.

These guys have a proven track record of exploiting with a product then running off to the next thing, so this “publishing” fad for Andrew was never going to be long term...

When you read that Ryan and Andrew keep changing their titles, responsibilities, and now when it’s all going to hell wanna blame Todd the “freelance writer” it’s laughable. Reading that Andrew & Ryan were hoping to sell $300,000 in volume one books, printing them as cheap as possible, and with as little overhead as possible, this is showing their real plan all along...

This was a get rich and run scheme by Andrew and Ryan, and poor Todd got pulled in as simply the scapegoat it seems. Sad

Sadly no PM yet from Andrew about investing in the Hydrofoil company

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! That would be fantastic! Would love to see what you two could do together.

#219 5 years ago

Actually, Andrew has got some useful products. His gutter scoop & rake are pretty handy. I bought one here in Edmonton (@ the Home & Garden Trade Show) probably 8 or so years back.

Still, as handy as it is, I thought it was a bit cheesy that he reviewed his own product online (https://www.amazon.ca/Gutter-Scoop-Rake-System/dp/B0060RKCYG) as if he were an actual customer named Peter Howell.

51+OAAVC7VL (resized).jpg51+OAAVC7VL (resized).jpgScreenshot 2018-11-09 at 1.40.23 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-11-09 at 1.40.23 PM (resized).png

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

A simple google search of Andrew Macbain (The Pigeon Guy) and Ryan Ponto will show you that our pinball community has attracted another get rich quick scam artist, someone who has begged for money on Dragon’s Den and “created” 90+ products most of which have failed. Ryan’s “automated websites” are laughable and look more like cheap templates.
    These guys have a proven track record of exploiting with a product then running off to the next thing, so this “publishing” fad for Andrew was never going to be long term...
    When you read that Ryan and Andrew keep changing their titles, responsibilities, and now when it’s all going to hell wanna blame Todd the “freelance writer” it’s laughable. Reading that Andrew & Ryan were hoping to sell $300,000 in volume one books, printing them as cheap as possible, and with as little overhead as possible, this is showing their real plan all along...
    This was a get rich and run scheme by Andrew and Ryan, and poor Todd got pulled in as simply the scapegoat it seems. Sad

I'm sure Todd will agree he could have exercised a little more quality control on this one too. Not too hard to see this wasn't the brightest idea for anybody involved. Anybody can do a "simple google search."

#221 5 years ago

Wait is this Andrew?

a1 (resized).jpga1 (resized).jpg
    #222 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Wow what a personal attack I’m sure that this fourm was not meant for attacking people outside the topic we are discussing. Giving away personal information I’m sure is a direct violation. should you not be banned for doing, Moderators where are you please help !!

Dragons den yea got the deal!!!

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Wow what a personal attack I’m sure that this fourm was not meant for attacking people outside the topic we are discussing.

you must be new here meme

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Wow what a personal attack I’m sure that this fourm was not meant for attacking people outside the topic we are discussing. Giving away personal information I’m sure is a direct violation. should you not be banned for doing, Moderators where are you please help !!

You provided your own name and it is publicly visible...

#225 5 years ago

There's lots of things you aren't allowed to do here, and some of them are pretty weird.

However posting personal information isn't one of them. In fact it's encouraged!

#226 5 years ago

I'm hoping this thread eventually can lead to more TNT book/other media items with new, more in know of the culture, pinball people for Todd.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Giving away personal information I’m sure is a direct violation.

Your name is shown on the website that you provide on your Pinside biz directory.

#228 5 years ago

His gutter scoop is garbage also. I like how they show gutter installed with no hidden hanger attachment or spike and ferrule attachment. Let's see you use that thing on a gutter that is actually installed properly.

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

His gutter scoop is garbage also. I like how they show gutter installed with no hidden hanger attachment or spike and ferrule attachment. Let's see you use that thing on a gutter that is actually installed properly.

Hey now, it does say it is the safest way though! No more need to use a flex wand for your blower or for the garden hose from the ground.
    Buy this and lean out on that ladder then pull toward you. Don't worry, you will know when you catch a hanger you didn't see

#230 5 years ago

I guess no matter what I say someone, will find a way to cut me down.
    Gutter scoop and rake, hundred thousand units sold I guess I must be doing something right.
    Another one of my crappy products/ get rich quick sceme I guess.

I also find it fascinating that every time you cut up the book the editing the spelling the grammar this was all Todd’s writing not mind.
    Todd wanted his writing presented exactly how you are reading it.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Wait is this Andrew?[quoted image]

Many a laugh watching his "infomercials"

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm hoping this thread eventually can lead to more TNT book/other media items with new, more in know of the culture, pinball people for Todd.

Yes, I as well. +1

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I guess no matter what I say someone, will find a way to cut me down.
    Gutter scoop and rake, hundred thousand units sold I guess I must be doing something right.

LOL this is too funny. I design products in the same industry, for a living, that actually work buddy. 100k units isn't a pimple on our ass. Does 100k units even cover your tooling costs? If it did, you probably paid for garbage tooling that won't last. But go ahead and keep on congratulating yourself!

#234 5 years ago

I just want my book to arrive so I can judge myself and see what all the hoo har is about?

#235 5 years ago

I am sorry Andrew, but so much is just plain untrue. I have so many emails to back this up too. As soon as my lawyer gives approval, I will address each point completely and then people can judge for themselves! Todd Tuckey

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Actually, Andrew has got some useful products. His gutter scoop & rake are pretty handy. I bought one here in Edmonton (@ the Home & Garden Trade Show) probably 8 or so years back.
    Still, as handy as it is, I thought it was a bit cheesy that he reviewed his own product online (amazon.com link ») as if he were an actual customer named Peter Howell.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I have forensic proof the review was written by Andrew about his own product ... I count three typos.

7B974772-0C49-4B8F-BA0C-828B72FFBC92 (resized).jpeg7B974772-0C49-4B8F-BA0C-828B72FFBC92 (resized).jpeg
    #237 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

all Todd’s writing not mind.

Doesn't look like you are much of a English scholar either.

#238 5 years ago

only on pinside……………….

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Giving away personal information I’m sure is a direct violation.

Personal information given away? Welcome to the internet where information is at the tip of your fingers. In fact it was Google that gave away the history of you not @tacshose
    -Mike

#240 5 years ago

////////

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

You did it to yourself. All you had to say is nothing and go abut your business. But no, you gave detailed attacks on a respected pinball member and expected that to go well for you? You should have just said nothing or that you were really excited about book two...and left it at that. Gary Stern doesn't come on here and answer every attack on the Beatles or Ghostbusters code.

Is this your first day on the Internet?

#242 5 years ago

239 posts later and Andrew still thinks hes the victim in this lol

#243 5 years ago

It is pretty cute that someone came onto pinside to start shit with Todd Tuckey and thought he was gonna just walk out.

Don’t come around here no more son.

#244 5 years ago

what type of rating did Peter Howell give this book?

#245 5 years ago

I'm on #TeamToddTuckey here.
    Can't wait to see what his next project is.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Don’t come around here no more son.

TP (resized).jpgTP (resized).jpg
    #247 5 years ago

Perhaps this thread should be printed as a “pinball book”; I know I have been thoroughly entertained!
    #TeamTuckey

#248 5 years ago

Wow !! Team Tuckey !! Make Todd great Again!
    A big shout out to all who really read the threads properly and understood that this was information and not an attack.
    I enjoyed the banter till the personal attacks. Todd is a big boy and I am sure he can defend himself and does not need help!!

To all those haters, you and Todd Tuckey really do deserve each other.
    You should all gather together and help Todd Tuckey make a book, that will blow the pinball community out of the water. Who will step up ? I will buy the first copy.

What about stepping up to help Todd make the next payroll and buy some of his bargain basement machines. Will anyone step up? And did any of you step up to help your legendary Hero? Show of hands please. I bought two.

Bottom line, Todd is mortgaged to the hilt " as per TNT staff member Frank's words in several videos", I will be surprised if TNT is still around come next summer. Which of you haters will step up and lend him money or help him with a kick starter campaign?

Really wonder how many of you have even met Todd or bought something from him. And what are you basing your opinion on who he is ? Just through his videos, or meeting him once when he signed a card for you at a tradeshow?

I searched out Todd and made him an offer to help us write a book as a freelance writer.
    I spent the time getting to know Todd. Several times a day on the phone talking and watching all of his Videos for a year. I brought him and his daughter out to Vegas with my own money and worked together with him for six months to help produce a book that might help some pinheads who want to sell , buy or own pinball machines and what you need to do to bullet proof pinball machines.
    Yea, few mistakes but that is how we learn and how things get better.
    It did not work out, each side wanted something different, we kind of broke even and went our separate ways. I do not know how to make it more simpler than that. I have nothing against Todd and wish him all the best and will still continue watching his videos and do think that he has really helped the pinball community.

I only posted on Pinside, because Todd broke our contract and decided to post his views and I did not want readers to mis-understand and think that Todd got thrown under the bus. The book deal all ended as a direct result of Todd breaking the term of the contract, it's as simple as that.

I can now see that the several hours I have spent posting over the last few days was a complete waste of my time to all the haters.

I apologize if I have offended anyone but shit, some of you were really doing this for your own pleasure, fueling the fire and really getting off on it. These people should be....... why waste my time to get you off more....

#teamtuckey are you kidding.

Going to walk the dog
    Post away but this will be the last post to keep you entertained.

#Teamyougottobekiddingmedosomethingelsemoreproductive

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

A big shout out to all who really read the threads properly and understood that this was information and not an attack.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I will be surprised if TNT is still around come next summer.

#250 5 years ago

Hi Andrew, seeing as you're here, maybe you could help me. I ordered Volume 1 from your website a month ago. At the time, it said it was in stock. I still haven't received a shipping notification or tracking number (or the book). The order number is 11121.

Could you let me know the status of it?

Thanks.

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/5?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.