Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
    #151 5 years ago

You have a lot to watch. So many fun games, eyepokes, and slaps. And Todd's brother is back in the mix.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

It was YOU that put us over 25,000!! Todd

I KNEW IT!!!!

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

I called Todd once looking for a sea wolf......
    Well we all know how that ended LOL
    Just kidding

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

part three please!

#155 5 years ago

I wonder if I could buy all remaining stock of p.a. Vol 1? Except I’m broke, so I’d like to trade some mint condition, folded, not rolled movie posters.....creme de la creme......

#156 5 years ago

Ahhhh..."Joe", who changes into "Michael" in Part Two...this guy was so insane! Its hard to believe this answering machine message was recorded in 1987! Sea Wolf was 11 years old and we sold it for $175 back then! But it would have been in Primo, Crem de la Creme condition!

#157 5 years ago

Love it

Mike

#158 5 years ago

Where's part 3 Todd??

#159 5 years ago

I like the part where Andrew expected Todd not to make jokes........

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Sounds like you have some top-notched talent there.

I can not resist coming back on to this thread:

Where is your pinball book ? i guess I am ahead of you by two now!

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Interesting that those of us who were early purchasers were subjected to the cheap paper quality and after the first run everyone else gets the "proper paper". Had I known this I would have waited and purchased later........but had everyone known this there would have been no purchases and thus no second run. Still sounds like a crappy thing to do to those who are early to support your book - speaking to "Editor" not Todd.

I'm returning my copy back to Amazon,the cheap paper that was used,is inexcusable.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I like the part where Andrew expected Todd not to make jokes........

Sure jokes, but disrespect of a product you worked so hard to put together. Guess you never had someone destroy your Lego !!!

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm returning my copy back to Amazon,the cheap paper that was used,is inexcusable.

This is the standard paper use in most books printed in America.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I find it amusing that "Editor" isn't man or woman enough to sign their actual name to their outrageous allegations. I also think they are not very smart to air their dirty laundry in such a detailed manner, in a public setting. Business 101.

Name is in the book several times

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

You should not be publishing a book if you think “freelance writers” should not go through the normal rigorous editing process.
    I would hate to see how you manage your other companies.

I am sure most magazines in America would not pay an outside party to spell check and go through a rigorous editing process for their freelance writers.
    I manage the other companies quite well thank you. No need to ask for payroll loans here.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Enjoy those falsely bloated pre-sales while you can. Nobody is gonna touch these books pretty soon. You just bad mouthed a man with a stellar reputation in pinball for 40 years. I don't know if you know this but pinball players hold a grudge. How can you expect a man who never wrote a book before to do his own editing? That's your job! Not just spellcheck either. This is what happens when you cut corners and try to release a substandard product. Just keep blaming other people, you are making friends and sales real quick around here.

I just set the record straight, I still love watching Todd's Videos and think he has accomplished a great deal. He does everything his own way and sometimes it does not work in his favor. Where is that reality show he was gunning for. Ask Todd about the show I was working of for him until the producers saw all the swearing and sexual references in some of his videos, they ran for the hills, but that is another story for another day. Remember as Todd says, "Kids watch his videos"

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Speaking of families, here's part of our TNT Family that you know and
    love from our YouTube channel! Today, we crossed 25,000 subscribers
    and have millions of views - and that's because of our amazing viewers
    and fans.
    Thank you, all, for your continued support! We will try to have an
    official response to Andrew's post by next week after conferring with
    our lawyers.
    Todd N. Tuckey
    [quoted image]

Could not just let it be could you Todd:

Here this is what you Told all the readers in the beginning of the thread:

Hi! We are now planning on digital book format:
    We never planned on a digital book so why would you tell the readers this?

and also a possible audio book. :
    What audio Book ? I saw your Video at the Expo talking to Jersey Jack and telling him the same thing and that you would be doing sound effects?

We expect Volume One to be ready for shipping mid August...:
    did you just pick this date out of a hat? This was our decision to decide on the date release not yours.

we have a deadline for Volume 2 for the Pinball Expo in Chicago:
    Who had this deadline you ? Volume 2 was always going to be released for Christmas this year.

Here is the official press release sent to local media!
    What press release ? This was something you decided to do behind our backs and release!!

All the while the release dates were on our website: Do we all see how confusing this could be.

So I hope the readers are starting to understand the picture here.

I AM NOT BASHING OR BELITTLING TODD, I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE THE READERS UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED THAT IS ALL.

I do not understand why you would bash and disrespect me for trying to work together with Todd and other pinball experts produce a book to help others.
    Todd and I just work in different ways, that is all.

Would it help if I uploaded the contract you signed Todd. That would make it a simple black and white.

We will try to have an official response to Andrew's post by next week after conferring with our lawyers.:
    We just canceled your contract due to your breaching that is all, I do not know what conferring is needed.
    Looking forward to the Official Response.

Andrew

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Sure jokes, but disrespect of a product you worked so hard to put together. Guess you never had someone destroy your Lego !!!

yea i remember when my Legos got busted, good thing the internet didn't exists so i could act like a fool on it. If you watched any of his videos you would know he often resorts to self-deprecation humor ALOT! He worked hard on this book too, hes entitled to his options. Anyone who is a fan of his expects toilet paper jokes about his book, if he didn't make that joke i would be upset. GOOD DAY SIR

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I AM NOT BASHING OR BELITTLING TODD [quoted image]

#170 5 years ago

yea i remember when my Legos got busted, good thing the internet didn't exists so i could act like a fool on the internet. If you watched any of his videos you would know he often resorts to self-deprecation humor ALOT! He worked hard on this book too, hes entitled to his options. Anyone who is a fan of his expects toilet paper jokes about his book, if he didn't make that joke i would be upset. GOOD DAY SIR

Wow I guess you wrote the contract that he signed, that stated no toilet paper jokes or defaming the book in any way in his videos. Ohhhh wait a minute that was me who wrote that contract and it was checked by who !!!!!! WOW Todd's lawyer.

But what do I know, I am just as you want me to be a lying emoji.

Damm how old are you SIR.
    Do get your facts straight before you comment and make yourself look like an ass playing with your legos!!! SIR!

Might have to upload this contract after all.................

#171 5 years ago

Dude, these graphics are not helping you at all.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Still better than the Stern book.

Now this is a perfect Post!!

#174 5 years ago

punnys???? damn dude how old are you?!

I never once said contract, i only said that i (and most fans) expect poop jokes from todd. your digging yourself a deep hole

#175 5 years ago

maybe if you hadn't printed the book on ACTUAL toilet paper the joke wouldn't have hurt so bad.

#176 5 years ago

maybe if you hadn't printed the book on ACTUAL toilet paper the joke wouldn't have hurt so bad.

Do you even read these posts? One of the last posts stated that that book paper we used was the most common standard paper used in most books printed in America.
    Why would you even state this? "maybe if you hadn't printed the book on ACTUAL toilet paper "

And if you knew me and understood that I have, for the past year been watching almost all of Todd's videos and the toilet humor I was referring to was the several times that Frank called the book toilet paper before it even came out. Not a great marketing campaign I was hoping for. Then to disrespect the book and use it as a machine leveler in another video, now that is just damm rude.

And the topper is that Todd is the final editor on his own Videos!!

So unless you have spend hundreds of hours working on designing a product and marketing it and then to have it disrespected, you would not understand.
    My guess would be that you are the one digging.

Who said you said contract? Do you just make this stuff up?

Last post to you!

#177 5 years ago

Shut this thread down.

Todd can go back to being a legend on his YouTube channel and doing what he does and the community loves.

Pinball Buzz can re-brand volumes 2 - 10 with all the other collaborators working on their terms and put out a quality product - demonstrating it was the collaboration that just didn't work this time.

Clearly whatever was put out, shouldn't have made it out - but there are pressures in business and new startups and sometimes this happens.

Call me old fashioned, or just being English - but take your dirty washing to the cleaners, don't hang it on this line for the neighbours to see.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from JamesUK:

Shut this thread down.
    Todd can go back to being a legend on his YouTube channel and doing what he does and the community loves.
    Pinball Buzz can re-brand volumes 2 - 10 with all the other collaborators working on their terms and put out a quality product - demonstrating it was the collaboration that just didn't work this time.
    Clearly whatever was put out, shouldn't have made it out - but there are pressures in business and new startups and sometimes this happens.
    Call me old fashioned, or just being English - but take your dirty washing to the cleaners, don't hang it on this line for the neighbours to see.

I am in!

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Wow I guess you wrote the contract that he signed

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Last post to you!

just cus you say its common standard paper dosn't change the fact that more then 7 people have claimed otherwise. whats your excuse for the Dr.dude and blackwater mixup?

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

toilet humor I was referring to was the several times that Frank called the book toilet paper before it even came out. Not a great marketing campaign I was hoping for. Then to disrespect the book and use it as a machine leveler in another video, now that is just damm rude.

you didn't seem to mind when they sold out day one? it wasn't until the bad reviews of your work came in until you raised a stink. I bet his 25k sub's found the toilet paper joke funny, so thats 1 vs 25k. your over reacting hardcore. leg leveler joke falls into "classic Todd" category. your acting like baby. Im not digging, i'm defending a pinball legend vs some overnight amateur "EDITOR"

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Last post to you!

#180 5 years ago

Time for someone to put the keyboard down and go to bed.

#181 5 years ago

I get a kick out of the jokes and feel that if he had spoken about the book without using his typical humor, it wouldn’t have felt like a Todd book.

#182 5 years ago

I thought the idea of todd doing an audio book would have been amazing. and its 2018, digital book is almost a must. whats your overhead on a Digital book? Those ideas by Todd were good, to bad the "editor" didn't think so. he just lost my money

#183 5 years ago

Todd is a legend, Andrew you are a nobody, and have no built up goodwill or respect in this community to bank on. Todd does, and YOU sir are responsible for the poorly printed final product, not Todd.

Blame Todd, fine, blame pinside, fine we are used to it, but I think it is time you start looking in the mirror as nobody in pinball is going to give you a dime now that one of our own is not involved, and you have already botched the first printing.

God even your name “Andrew” sounds familiar as being a pinball shitshow...

Feel free to let us know your other business’s so we can avoid and hey PM me I have a hydrofoil idea for you to invest in

#184 5 years ago

Another person that doesn’t take the time to really read the posts and just reads what he wants to see.
    Well your legend only sold less than a half of a % of his subscribers.
    Did you buy his book ?

Who is blaming please pinside?
    Are you on the right thread. ?
    You don’t even know me and you have all ready given me a sentence.

And why are you getting personal?
    You need to take it way down.....

#185 5 years ago

I thought the idea of todd doing an audio book would have been amazing. and its 2018, digital book is almost a must. whats your overhead on a Digital book? Those ideas by Todd were good, to bad the "editor" didn't think so. he just lost my money

Can not resist.
    I am all in I will give you a free book and you can fund a digital book and do an audio book together with Todd.
    All you have to do is come up with the money to do this. Then manufacturer it , design it , then market it, build a website, take orders, ship it and split it with Todd. Or even better make a cassette tape if you are old enough to remember these at 30.

Pony up and put your money where you mouth is baby , as Todd would say...

#187 5 years ago

Wondering if title of thread should be changed. It appears this was never a 10 volume deal. I am thinking of a lot of clever headlines, but in the very least it should either state 1 volume or the 10 volumes reference should be removed.

What seems strange ... after spending tons of time to create the material, why didn’t Todd work with publisher to correct the errors and and insist on high quality glossy stock for the second printing rather than taking approach of immediately trash talking the book? Mistakes were made (maybe first run becomes a collectible) but when faced with adversity, professionals dig deep. Work with the publisher to salvage the book and create something you are proud of, rather than throwing in the towel. I’ll bet the book is really interesting and it should have a long shelf life. Make it right and I’ll buy a copy.

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Well your legend only sold less than a half of a % of his subscribers.
    Did you buy his book ?

I wanted to buy this book at Expo, but when I ran into Todd on Thursday, he explained that he sold out. As an Editor and of this book, I think it would be incumbent on you to make sure enough books were brought to sell at one of the largest pinball events in the Midwest.

#189 5 years ago

This is an all time best pinside thread. Should be titled "How to run your publishing company into the ground with only your ego and Pinside". This person is truly clueless when it comes to business acumen to come on here and start digging his hole even deeper because he "can't resist". How old are you? 12? You still won't even tell us your name...because you are too scared.

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wondering if title of thread should be changed it appears this was never a 10 volume deal. I am thinking of a lot of clever headlines, but in the very least it should state either 1 volume or should have the 10 volumes reference removed.

The title was in reference to the original announcement. Due to the outcome, I have changed the thread title.

#191 5 years ago

And for the record, I've had the book in my hand... And my toilet paper at home is actually higher quality. American standard or not. Maybe you should have published to the Canadian standard.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I am sure most magazines in America would not pay an outside party to spell check and go through a rigorous editing process for their freelance writers.
    I manage the other companies quite well thank you. No need to ask for payroll loans here.

LOL at paying for an outside party to spell check. You could've done this on your couch with a laptop while enjoying the company of your family, maybe would've taken 10 minutes out of your day.

#193 5 years ago

Andrew it would have been wiser to just release a statement saying Todd and yourself have parted ways due to differences . Book two would be released soon , thats it.
    Airing it in public is never a good idea ever.
    Everyone can appreciate you were doing a good thing by putting more pinball books out there and the effort it must take.
    Releasing books that are poorly edited with duplicate chapters and spelling mistakes that a quick look through before release would have caught , is still a reflection on your company and you as the final editor. For that you should take some heat. Hopefully the next issue will be a step up.
    Please refer to the airing part as the best thing you can do is not give in to temptation and just release the best product you can.

#194 5 years ago

I did buy the book, I paid more to get the silver ball edition actually. I enjoyed the book. Were there problems, yes. Am I pissed off, no. I’m just happy to have a pinball book that Todd contributed to. I like the book and accept it as it stands, it’s...quirky I took my book to Chicago to have Todd sign it personally in fact, he did, and never said a bad word about it or the publishing. He went out his way actually to continue promoting it and the next book. I believe any comments about toilet paper and being a leveler were misunderstood. Those were self attacks, not book attacks. He does that to himself regularly, to keep his pride in check, and perhaps Andrew took those personally as against his book. This series could have been so much more, and now it won’t. That’s what I’m upset about.

#195 5 years ago

Andrew, I'm sorry but you made a big mistake with that first tirade of a post against Todd. It was completely unprofessional and he has shown great restraint not falling into the trap of responding. I guess all his years dealing with that sex offender over at GRC taught him to be the bigger man. I'm doing you a favor by telling you that the more you post on this matter the worse it will get. Please consider an apology as your next post. I get it, business relationships don't always work out but this was uncalled for and you can make a better situation out of it.

#196 5 years ago

When I received my copy, I was pretty disappointed in the paper quality (worse than a phone book) and print quality (like a wet newspaper), but it's pinball and Todd Tuckey so I could live with it. Now that I know some major a-hole is behind it, I'm glad that my Amazon return window hasn't closed yet.

#197 5 years ago

The book is getting some stellar reviews on Amazon. Average score of 1 and 1/2 stars out of 5. Good job Andrew!

#198 5 years ago

Todd does more for the pinball community in a week than Pinball Buzz could do in a lifetime. You should probably consider that before you try running a good man with the above reputation into the ground.

#199 5 years ago

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#200 5 years ago

I preordered the book directly form Pinball Adventures and was quite disappointed upon receipt. Normally, I would keep comments like this to myself...HOWEVER,

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

that book paper we used was the most common standard paper used in most books printed in America.

This statement could not be farther from the truth. The paper stock was see-through thin. Not only that, but whoever packed my book into the mailer managed to let the adhesive on the flap closure grab the page edges when they jammed it in the envelope and I ended up with glue residue all over my the pages which had to be carefully picked off. Had the paper not been such a low grade this would not have been as big an issue.

The number of typos and clear grammatical errors struck me as less than professional, and I immediately thought, "who edited this thing".

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

We are not doing this as a full time job, but as an extra to help the pinball community.

The fact that you position your offerings as a "help" to this community is preposterous. You were trying to make a profit on the huge audience enjoyed by Todd and company and produced a substandard product despite having a key player in the community contribute and charging a premium price.

If you want to see what "helping" the community looks like, go to some tech threads and see what people like @vid1900, @quench, terryb bring to the table...

This book really disappointed me (and it sounds like others) and the way that you have openly attacked Todd (regardless of whatever went down) smacks of unprofessionalism and has no doubt already had an impact on future sales.

Good luck turning things around.

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/4?hl=knapp_arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.