Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
    #101 5 years ago

I find it amusing that "Editor" isn't man or woman enough to sign their actual name to their outrageous allegations. I also think they are not very smart to air their dirty laundry in such a detailed manner, in a public setting. Business 101.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

we have spent hundreds of hours with five staff building up this book.

Sounds like you have some top-notched talent there.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Elkhart Pinball.
    I will address this issue.
    Unfortunately the email did get lost or went to spam, yes a mistake was made and I’m very sorry for that.
    We did contact the company apologize offered to refund the money and give them not just one but two issues free of charge.
    Mr. Elkhart told me to F off, jump in the lake and shove it up my you know what. I decided to end the conversation hung up and refunded his money with an apology again.
    That’s all that happened nothing more.
    Andrew
    Pinball Adventures

First thing Andrew, how can you lose my ad to spam, when I use your form, from your email you sent me to, to fill out and then when finished filling it out, it sent me to pay through PayPal for the ad I was placing with you?????

Yes I did get a call from Andrew.
    Yes he did give me a apology.
    Yes he did offer the free ad in a reprint of the first book and in next issue, but no refund was offered with that deal.
    He told me I didn't have to make a decision right away, I could wait a couple of days to decide.

I did not use the words he said I used in the above post!!
    Anybody that knows me, I do not talk that way.

I told him I didn't need a couple of days to decide, I wanted a refund now, he tried to convince me I didn't want a refund, that everything was going to be fixed, and better next issue.
    I told Andrew that the way my ad was handled, even after Todd called him about my ad was not on the web site, and he told Todd that he did have the ad and it will happen.
    I told Andrew how bad the editing was in his book, after just reading the first 10 pinball machines stories, I didn't see any profession quality or future in his book, and the way he runs a business, (no checks and balance on money received for ads, and number of ads placed in his book), and I didn't want to do any more business with him, and I just wanted a refund now, and YES, he then hung up on me as he said.

John Freel
    Elkhart Pinball Inc.

#104 5 years ago

Reading every word of this just sucks!
    Business deals fail all the time but I had high hopes for this to come together.
    Maybe the TNT's goofy crew that always does wacky stuff was not good for this venture but it's just the way they are.
    I will always be a TNT fan and hope nothing changes and wish the crew all the best.
    -Mike

#105 5 years ago

Perhaps 10pm at night was not the best time to post SO MANY comments as a 'professional'.

Regardless of which mistakes were the fault whom, you don't exactly sound like the type of person I want to spend my money on period at this point.

If Todd was just a "freelance writer", that makes most ALL the problems with this your fault. From some of the first words of your post starting out with having to mention a lawyer, I could tell you were going to be one of guys that gets pissed off and posts horribly as a small business man getting defensive.

Popcorn show is right....

Best of luck with future books and your business model.

#106 5 years ago

As one of your “dismal sales” this makes me.........truly saddened.

#107 5 years ago

Holy crap. What a nightmare.

#108 5 years ago

Nothing in pinball is ever easy, I guess.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Nothing in pinball is ever easy, I guess.

You got that right.

#110 5 years ago

Not once was the word BLAME, used in any of my past threads.

Stop trying to fuel a fire that doesn’t exist.

All of the writing submitted was by Todd, except the forward.
    This is posted by Todd if you have been reading the threads

We only did a fast spell and grammar check on Todd’s writings, but left his writing as his writing. That is what he was contracted to do write and submit full ready to publish stories.

We only did a short run to test a few books. Most were sent off as free samples for review. A soft opening so to speak. This was to feel out the market, buyers and to understand our target audience.

We also spent over $8500.00 on presenting the book at the last expo, filming all the seminars for the viewers and gave away tons of free samples and on the trip itself.
    Look at our pinball buzz website and how much time and energy has gone into it! Over 110,000 views so far, it does show people are interested.
    Marketing is needed to learn the target audience.
    We also just had a contest and gave away over 30 books.

We are not doing this as a full time job, but as an extra to help the pinball community. So please keep an open mind and stop baggering me on things that I am learning and trying to understand.

I run several companies an could be spending time with my six kids but am choosing to be a part of the pinball community to help others understand and enjoy pinball.

Andrew
    Hope this clears up a few things.

IMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    #111 5 years ago

To the Editor of the book. Have you ever watched Todds video's, there are always banter and put down's in them. That's what you get as part of the video's . It's a close group of guys that have worked together for many years and meant in context.
    Anyone buying your book because of seeing Todd's video's is buying because it's Todd doing the book, so would expect Todd and crew to be themselves.
    I would hope at the least you would put the Dr Dude chapter up on your website, so those few who did purchase the wrong size book, paper, edited version can at least get that part of the book. It would be a small gesture for us beta book buyers.
    Thanks.

#112 5 years ago

Just send us your email and we will send you the Dr. Dude.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I run several companies an could be spending time with my six kids but am choosing to be a part of the pinball community to help others understand and enjoy pinball.

Well, I don't really have anything to say about the book, but this right here is a poor choice.

Enjoy that family, forget about trying to make a few bucks on a pinball book.

#114 5 years ago

More orders backed up for vol 1, pre- sales for vol 2 and the calendar might prove you wrong.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

More orders backed up for vol 1, pre- sales for vol 2 and the calendar might prove you wrong.

At that rate, I can wait until my library has a copy.

#116 5 years ago

well, it's still not as bad as Magic Girl

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

We only did a fast spell and grammar check on Todd’s writings, but left his writing as his writing.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I run several companies

You should not be publishing a book if you think “freelance writers” should not go through the normal rigorous editing process.

I would hate to see how you manage your other companies.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Andrew - would there be a possibility of trading in the first editions for the improved second edition?

#119 5 years ago

Wow......sad this went south. Had high hopes for the project initially like everybody else. On the bright side, those of us with a copy of the first print run now have a truly collectible piece of pinball history. lol

im-just-here-to-watch-you-dig-this-hole-deeper-and-deeper (resized).jpgim-just-here-to-watch-you-dig-this-hole-deeper-and-deeper (resized).jpg

#120 5 years ago

Now that you updated volume one will you be replacing unhappy customer’s original copies?

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Well, you definitely aren't in it for the good of pinball.

None of those sales will be me, I wish you best of luck.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Sounds like we have a hostage situation.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Well the truth about the book events have been spelled out for all to know now.
    Now you know the rest of the story.
    Andrew

Editor

Actually, they don't know the rest of the story....but very shortly they will! Todd

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Not once was the word BLAME, used in any of my past threads.
    Andrew
    Hope this clears up a few things. [quoted image]

I guess I should be thanking you for "helping" me then. Your attempting to provide a product to the Pinball community for profit, please stop trying to market it as "help". The feedback has been less than stellar for said product, take this feedback to improve the product. I for one, will not be giving you any money for your "help"

#125 5 years ago

Enjoy those falsely bloated pre-sales while you can. Nobody is gonna touch these books pretty soon. You just bad mouthed a man with a stellar reputation in pinball for 40 years. I don't know if you know this but pinball players hold a grudge. How can you expect a man who never wrote a book before to do his own editing? That's your job! Not just spellcheck either. This is what happens when you cut corners and try to release a substandard product. Just keep blaming other people, you are making friends and sales real quick around here.

#126 5 years ago

Don't mess with Texas.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Andrew - would there be a possibility of trading in the first editions for the improved second edition?

I second this request!

#128 5 years ago

This will be my last post here. I really do not do drama and have better things to do with my life than to read what if. what I should have done and what I should do.

Those of you who wish to contact me outside of the forum can do so through our website.

Mistakes and some errors yes ....
    Dealing with Todd daily not wanting to change anything he wrote, a job and a half.
    Spending time on perfecting the errors should amount for something.

I enjoyed working with Todd and he is what he is and I would have enjoyed continuing working with him, but when your contractor paints your house the wrong colour and uses different material and then tries to sell your house to help you out , you change contractors and move on.

I guess there are a few who Will always be colourful in their posts.
    Bottom line we made several books and a majority of the readers loved them and reordered the second volume.

There will always be the negative ninny’s. so post away if you must.

On another note high quality book printing on a low few hundred run with this many pages will run upwards of $15.00 per book if not more and extra printer costs.
    Then add in the shipping the books to our warehouse. Designing the book. Writers cuts.
    Not much left. So that is how you end up with a $30.00 book.

I am sure you will hear different stories from our pissed off advertiser and I am sure from Todd himself will add what he thinks happened.
    Well I guess that what forums are for to say you say and vent.
    Editor....

Gone to play with my kids.

#129 5 years ago

Total with shipping of my GORGEOUS "Pinball Magazine issue 5" was only a few bucks more....and looked a bit different than this 'book'...

I don't think your comments and excuses on how/why yours came our so poor looks too good for you; especially when compared to other publications in similar price range.

Yep....people going to be beating down the door with fistfulls of money to purchase more of these cuz "that is how you end up with a $30.00 book".

#130 5 years ago

Signing your name "editor" screams of ego and small man syndrome.

#131 5 years ago

All he had to write was "There are two sides to the story" and leave it at that.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Signing your name "editor" screams of ego and small man syndrome.

And with such a poorly edited example, it's like signing as "auditor" at Enron.

#133 5 years ago

I'm just hoping that we get to see more pictures of the family.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

I'm just hoping that we get to see more pictures of the family.

You can't be a bad person if you have a family.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I don't know if you know this but pinball players hold a grudge.

PinballBuzz
    If you ever go to another pinball show someone may stealthily sneak a photo of your back and post it for all of Pinside to see.

#136 5 years ago

There are two side to every story and the truth usually lies in the middle.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Total with shipping of my GORGEOUS "Pinball Magazine issue 5" was only a few bucks more....and looked a bit different than this 'book'...
    I don't think your comments and excuses on how/why yours came our so poor looks too good for you; especially when compared to other publications in similar price range.
    Yep....people going to be beating down the door with fistfulls of money to purchase more of these cuz "that is how you end up with a $30.00 book".

Pinball Magazine,is nicer than most of the books I own.

#138 5 years ago

I'm waiting for:

Half-baked, Bad Ideas in Pinball that End Poorly With Everyone Hating Each Other's Guts - 10 Volumes!

Not sure if 10 would be enough but a good start for sure.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm waiting for:
    Half-baked, Bad Ideas in Pinball that End Poorly With Everyone Hating Each Other's Guts - 10 Volumes!
    Not sure if 10 would be enough but a good start for sure.

Where's the pre-order link?

#140 5 years ago

Definitely one of the most entertaining threads on Pinside!

#141 5 years ago

The only thing I remember reading from Todd about this project was - 200 pages printed on full color, high gloss paper stock, so if cheaper newspaper stock was used for run one, that was an error in judgement. What makes the book worth collecting and justifies the price tag is having high quality printed pages, like Pinball Magazine. Whether that costs $30 per book is not relevant, it is a minimum quality need for success.

As for the editing errors, those were unfortunate. Most word processors have a spell check built in for free - use it. The second corrected printing should be automatically sent to all who received the first printing to make things right imo. Use the same mailing list.

#142 5 years ago

Still better than the Stern book.

#143 5 years ago

Interesting that those of us who were early purchasers were subjected to the cheap paper quality and after the first run everyone else gets the "proper paper". Had I known this I would have waited and purchased later........but had everyone known this there would have been no purchases and thus no second run. Still sounds like a crappy thing to do to those who are early to support your book - speaking to "Editor" not Todd.

#144 5 years ago

Another pinball cash grab has gone awry, shocking.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Still better than the Stern book.

Yeah....makes me even more interested in what I'm gonna get hopefully one day. At least I can say I have it though hopefully some day. I really don't want to take any sides here but I will try and stay impartial but I have met Todd and he is a great guy. Ummmm....hopefully this doesn't go in a court room? Good luck? I mean it just sorta blew up and then the Ron Burgundy photo was just there.

#146 5 years ago

Speaking of families, here's part of our TNT Family that you know and
    love from our YouTube channel! Today, we crossed 25,000 subscribers
    and have millions of views - and that's because of our amazing viewers
    and fans.

Thank you, all, for your continued support! We will try to have an
    official response to Andrew's post by next week after conferring with
    our lawyers.

Todd N. Tuckey

DSC01622 (resized).JPGDSC01622 (resized).JPG
    #147 5 years ago

Anyone else hoping to see another YouTube video, this time with Todd and the TNT crew tossing the remaining books off of his roof?

#148 5 years ago

I called Todd once looking for a sea wolf......
    Well we all know how that ended LOL
    Just kidding

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Speaking of families, here's part of our TNT Family that you know and
    love from our YouTube channel! Today, we crossed 25,000 subscribers
    Todd N. Tuckey
    [quoted image]

No joke, I FINALLY subscribed to the TNT youtube earlier today!

I'd like to think my contribution made this!

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

No joke, I FINALLY subscribed to the TNT youtube earlier today!

I'd like to think my contribution made this!

It was YOU that put us over 25,000!! Todd

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/3?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.