Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #551 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

18 pages! Are they folded or rolled? Either way I’m sure they will be the crem de la crem.

That was such a great/funny voicemail.
    -Mike

#552 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Stay Tuned for my 18 page response! It's coming!

Looking forward to reading every word.

#553 5 years ago

PayPal Adventures Vol. 1...

This is comical. The cost of international shipping to Canada including PayPal's required tracking info was more than the cost of an individual book. Now my box appears to have been sucked into the Canadian Postal strike. As other's have said, no more pre-ordering anything. Lesson learned.

#555 5 years ago

That was too polite and professional for me, send Frank after him please!

#556 5 years ago

Remember...Vol 2 is supposed to be released on Saturday.

Vol2 (resized).JPGVol2 (resized).JPG
    #557 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mhulsebu:

Remember...Vol 2 is supposed to be released on Saturday.
    [quoted image]

I must have just missed it since it is "out of stock"... seems everything magically is now.

Though amazon has a few copies of vol 1 still.
    AND even a used copy for sale

But...I decided to go with the "amazing kittens adult coloring book" that amazon reccomended instead

Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    #558 5 years ago

Oh man, Andrew Macbain is amazing...Andrew Macbain's book was to be released in the middle of his 3 week cruise! Andrew Macbain is such a captain of industry, he doesn't even vacation when he is on vacation!

#559 5 years ago

Just a excellent reply/burn by Todd Tuckey. Hats off to you, Todd.

For Andrew I will only say....

CAN YOU FEEL THAT BUDDY? HUH? HUH? HUH?

Ace (resized).pngAce (resized).png
    #560 5 years ago

Email sent to [email protected] as I can't believe Penn and Teller signed off on their pictures being used...

#561 5 years ago

Considering Penn Jillette has been writing books for years, and has a contract with Simon & Schuster Publishing, not only do I doubt they ever penned anything for this, that Mr. Macbain better Lawyer Up, because Simon & Schuster doesn't take to kindly to other people publishing there authors.

#562 5 years ago
    Quoted from JobberArugge:

Considering Penn Jillette has been writing books for years, and has a contract with Simon & Schuster Publishing, not only do I doubt they ever penned anything for this, that Mr. Macbain better Lawyer Up, because Simon & Schuster doesn't take to kindly to other people publishing there authors.

GREAT IDEA! I just sent an email to [email protected] to let them know about the book and Publisher Andrew Macbain

#563 5 years ago

Holy shitfest. Just read through this entire thread after getting an email from Todd a day or two ago.

Quoted from tacshose:

GREAT IDEA! I just sent an email to [email protected] to let them know about the book and Publisher Andrew Macbain

After reading your posts on this thread Tac, you are my new Pinside hero (and proactive at that).

#564 5 years ago

PayPal Adventures Vol. 1...

Box delivered. Account credited. I'm out.

Looking at Pinball Buzz, the 10 volume order option appears to be gone.

Vol. 2, (release date 12/1) is still shown as available on backorder.

#565 5 years ago

tacshose did you ever get a response to your email?

#566 5 years ago

FYI, I emailed them 19 days ago to see what my options were for the duplicate chapter and pm'd him here. No answer.

#567 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

FYI, I emailed them 19 days ago to see what my options were for the duplicate chapter and pm'd him here. No answer.

He should be back from his three week (annual) cruise with his perfect family as a result of his successful marriage.

Keep in mind he's a Class 4 engineer so he can practically pilot the ship.

#568 5 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

tacshose did you ever get a response to your email?

No response at all from Penn&Teller, but I did receive an auto response from Simon & Schuster saying It may take 12 weeks for a response due to the volume of requests received.

I have also been sending emails to other contacts at both places and via LinkedIN.

I hope sponsors have requested refunds, especially great places like Pinball Life and Cliffys, can't believe they want to be printed on this paper.

#569 5 years ago

I received the missing chapter (MS Word format) via email & also got a refund from Booktopia.

#570 5 years ago

I just got Vol 1 as my Pinside secret santa gift. I think my Santa has an evil sense of humor lol.

#572 5 years ago

Seven more books in the pipeline. One down, sixteen to go...

https://www.pinballbuzz.com/shop/

#573 5 years ago

Lmfao....

#574 5 years ago

Pick yourself up a wanna-be sexy pinball calendar while you're there!

https://www.pinballbuzz.com/product-category/royal-pinball-calendar/

#575 5 years ago

Should have bought 2 cartons of piss ( Aussie for beer ) instead of this comic book.
    Took no more than 1-1/2 hours to read and the pics where third rate.
    With freight to Australia and exchange rate it was a very bad deal. I AM STUPID!

#576 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Should have bought 2 cartons of piss ( Aussie for beer ) instead of this comic book.
    With freight to Australia and exchange rate it was a very bad deal. I AM STUPID!

still a much better read that the paperf*ck official stern 30 years of pinball book which as of today is 2+ years of ending with still no book in sight. trust me, I feel much stupider for backing the project

#577 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Wait I thought Fosters was Australian for beer? Mind blown.....

#578 5 years ago

Hopefully this explains a lot...

C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).pngC36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    #579 5 years ago

I like how one says machine and the other says machines hahaha. Which is it? Error #1 already identified.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Hopefully this explains a lot...
    [quoted image]

#581 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #582 5 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

I like how one says machine and the other says machines hahaha. Which is it? Error #1 all ready identified.

Officially more editing than he did for Todd's book.

#583 5 years ago

You forgot to put a gold star in the corner after grading....well...at least one for participation.

#584 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Wait I thought Fosters was Australian for beer? Mind blown.....

ha ha ha classic marketing ad but I don't know of any Aussies that drink this swill.
    We also had this ad which is uniquely us.

#585 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Officially more editing than he did for Todd's book.

A tiny bit of quality assurance goes a long way hahaha.

#586 5 years ago

I finally received my copy of the book. Somewhere in the future, this may actually become a collectible since there are apparently not that many around with the misprinted Dr. Dude chapter.

As I publish myself, the quality of the print and paper is rather poor. Leafing through I noticed a lot of flyer images. Oh well, I guess publishing is hard too.

Shameless self-plug: if you're looking for a quality printed publication, try Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

#587 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I finally received my copy of the book. Somewhere in the future, this may actually become a collectible since there are apparently not that many around with the misprinted Dr. Dude chapter.
    As I publish myself, the quality of the print and paper is rather poor. Leafing through I noticed a lot of flyer images. Oh well, I guess publishing is hard too.
    Shameless self-plug: if you're looking for a quality printed publication, try Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

No shame in being proud of your creation

#588 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Not shamless plug in any way when you want to compair a SERIOUSLY high quality publication in similar price range.

#589 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

As a book collector I did want to be fair about this book when I got it,.. the cover looked promising,.. but the inside,.. well I can only say it looks like the equivalent of cheap inkjet printer pictures at 150 dpi,.. TT commentary is fine, if a bit erratic.. but I won’t be picking up any more . Hopefully TT talks to someone like @spfxted who does know how to put out a good book,.. I bought and enjoyed the candid monsters book #1, and it was whole lot better print quality, and coherent story

@unigroove Good plug,... I’m trying out issue #1, and as a Pinbot fan you got me on a poster ,... or two,.. so well done, shameless self advertising does work

#590 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

Hopefully TT talks to someone like @spfxted who does know how to put out a good book,.. I bought and enjoyed the candid monsters book #1, and it was whole lot better print quality, and coherent story

Thanks for the kind words, pal!

1 week later
    #591 5 years ago

Has anyone else received another book? I got a 2nd book in the mail today. This one is smaller, but the paper is a little thicker (still not glossy, though), and the photos are a little better than the first copy.

I had sent an email some time back asking if they were sending out corrected copies, and never herd back, so I forgot about it until this showed up in the mail today.

IMG_0413 (resized).jpgIMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    #592 5 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

Has anyone else received another book? I got a 2nd book in the mail today. This one is smaller, but the paper is a little thicker (still not glossy, though), and the photos are a little better than the first copy.
    I had sent an email some time back asking if they were sending out corrected copies, and never herd back, so I forgot about it until this showed up in the mail today.
    [quoted image]

WOW NO....A corrected copy sure would have been nice!! May have brought me back to being willing to at least check out future publications.
    Personally, I'm SHOCKED you received something!

#593 5 years ago

Did you buy direct. I bought mine on Amazon so most likely not covered . I bought it when first on and way before any talk of a better fixed version.

#594 5 years ago

I bought direct, one of the silver ball editions at that. I’ve not received any replacement copies.

#595 5 years ago

Is the Dr Dude fixed? Are the headings fixed?

#596 5 years ago

I never got my corrected copy or was asked to help with all the errors. I am not part of any future volumes either.

#597 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I never got my corrected copy or was asked to help with all the errors. I am not part of any future volumes either.

And thusly i am not interested in any further issues.

#598 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Did you buy direct. I bought mine on Amazon so most likely not covered . I bought it when first on and way before any talk of a better fixed version.

I did buy direct, the special edition with the stuff signed by Todd. I didn't just get the replacement out of the blue. I sent a request via their website informing them I was unhappy with the quality. I never heard anything, then about a month later I got the revised copy.

Most of the issues seem to be fixed, and it is a smaller format. There are some grammatical and/or spelling errors here and there, but I did not read through the whole book. The Dr. Dude chapter has been fixed, the paper is a little better, and the pictures appear a little better, but probably because they are smaller. They are still not high quality photos by any means. One thing that I don't like is the pages are bound extremely close to the page margins, and you really have to stretch the book open to read it comfortably, something that I am sure will not hold up very well after a while.

If this was the first copy that would have been distributed, the series may have faced a better fate.

#599 5 years ago

Andrew sent me a box today...have not opened it yet, but I am sure he sent a few of the revised editions. I will compare it with the original version and see if he caught all the errors I had noted (I only got through perhaps 65% of the book and stopped). Todd

#600 5 years ago

After a couple emails back and forth and providing proof of purchase, they've agreed to send me the updated copy as well, so we'll see. Would suggest that anyone unhappy with the quality of the first printing send them a polite email requesting the new one. Might as well get the best copy, for what it's worth.

Edit: They want me to mail the old one back, at my expense, before receiving the new one. So, that's not going to happen. No Dr. Dude chapter for me! lol

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/12?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.