Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

$30 for a 7” x 12” calendar! I work at a printing company and that is ridiculous. Not even a 12x12!

Didn't even catch that it was only 7x12!!

#452 5 years ago

Someone told me a long time ago, there ain't no fixing stupid.

#453 5 years ago

the Twip website made mention of this thread. also the H2H podcast and the Twip podcast made mention of it as well.

#454 5 years ago

Are we sure this guy isn't Kevin kulek in disguise?

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

No offense to anyone,but I feel like pinball peeps pre-ordering $250 worth of books is how we keep getting targeted by these get rich quick guys...

Of course... they see a cash rich hobby where people are eager to send large sums of money to people with a story and not much business history or credibility. $200 pieces of plastic... Thousands for dream projects..

We know the enemy, and it's us

#456 5 years ago

I watched the TNT video where the book was going to be used as a leg leveller (etc) and found it completely harmless fun. I can't believe that Andrew guy found offense in that, but maybe it's just part of an excuse to shift blame for something.

Rob

#457 5 years ago

On the H2H podcast, they talk about the thread at around 1:27:25.
    www.head2headpinball.com/2018/11/12/episode-69-christopher-franchi-on-beatles-art/

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

I'm one of the idiots that bit on the full 10 volume pre-order. My decision was based primarily on Todd's initial YouTube video announcement. I was disappointed with the quality of Vol. 1, but I could have lived with it. I was disappointed to hear that Todd left the project, but I could have lived with that too. I'm not okay with this shitshow of a thread. With the lack of goodwill I see no reason to believe that Vols. 2-10 will see the light of day. I emailed Pinball Buzz and requested a refund of my pre-order money less the cost of an individual book. I tried to be diplomatic about it and indicated that I would buy the books individually if Pinball Buzz could show an ability to produce them. According to their reply they cannot accept returns on "sale" items. And they reiterated that Todd was "beyond our control". But they did offer to send me the missing chapter. I guess it didn't occur to them to actually send me the missing chapter. Apparently I have to specifically request that they send me the missing chapter.
    Okay, so I tried a PayPal dispute. Instead of responding at the dispute level, Andrew hit the escalate button with a massive reply that was mostly a cut and paste of their terms and conditions. He says I placed the order "months ago" yet the PayPal invoice is less than a month old. He says their 15 day return window has expired. Weren't these books sent regular mail? I actually haven't found any record of when I received it. He concludes by saying that he's sold hundreds of books and I'm the first person to request a refund.
    I hate to see him get the last word, but It would appear that I have no further opportunity to respond unless PayPay requests more information. I have no idea how these things play out. We'll see...
    I'm intrigued that this Andrew guy is willing to go to war with me over something that has yet to be produced. There are no physical items to return ship, inspect and restock. Would it not be easier to refund the money and simply sell the books to someone else?

You're in good shape:
    "PayPal time limits. A buyer must open a dispute via the PayPal Resolution centre within 180 days of making the payment. This is an extension of the 45 days which it was previously. Buyers are encouraged to deal directly with sellers to resolve the dispute."

You can respond to his escalation with the facts (try to keep them simplified), i.e. you paid in advance for a level of quality you didn't get and from a team that no-longer exists (the main person left the project). Since it's extremely unlikely you'll receive vol 2-10, and the person you bought the series because of has been fired/left the project, you want a refund.

#459 5 years ago

Video for Dragons Den sales pitch:

https://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/m/pitches/de-fence

The best part is at 1:45 where Andrew physically repositions his kids with a simultaneous push-pull maneuver.

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 10.50.04 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-11-16 at 10.50.04 AM (resized).png

#460 5 years ago

I guess Pinheads proved to be a little smarter then Pigeons.....

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I guess Pinheads proved to be a little smarter then Pigeons.....

And Dragons...
    Lots of identical (and less expensive) products on the market, some Dragons were asleep that day...

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You can respond to his escalation

How does that work? I don't see any such option. It looks to me like I have to wait for PayPal to request more information which they may or may not do. There appears to be some sort of glitch with my dispute where the status is always lagging one step behind actual events. For example, the current status is "awaiting seller response", but the seller has already responded. I have emailed PayPal about this, but have yet to receive a reply. This is my first attempt at a PayPal dispute.

I tried to keep my dispute opening as short, simple and factual as I could. Then Andrew comes in with his long winded terms and conditions rant. It's twisted, but looks real slick on the surface. Someone giving it a quick uncaring read might find it convincing. It would be nice to get another shot at it.

#463 5 years ago

Where can I buy Todd’s book?

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

Where can I buy Todd’s book?

If you mean this one, Amazon. Search under "Pinball Adventures".

30 dollars!

#465 5 years ago

or "toilet paper"

Quoted from tamoore:

30 dollars!

#466 5 years ago

I actually bought one, because:

1) history and
    2) makes my review more legit. And I will revisit it once I get my copy.

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

30 dollars!

Guessing not many will sell based on the reviews already
    https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Adventures-Todd-N-Tuckey/dp/1999422600/ref=sr_1_1

"For Thirty dollars I was hoping the book would be printed on better paper than a Highlights kids magazine"

#468 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

There appears to be some sort of glitch with my dispute where the status is always lagging one step behind actual events.

Just call them. Every dispute I ever had was solved over the phone....

#469 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I actually bought one, because:
    1) history and
    2) makes my review more legit. And I will revisit it once I get my copy.

I did too. The paper is surprisingly thin, for $10 that might even be unacceptable. I just feel bad for Todd either way. I wanted to support him, and read his thoughts and stories, but doing so at this cost...

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

How does that work? I don't see any such option. It looks to me like I have to wait for PayPal to request more information which they may or may not do. There appears to be some sort of glitch with my dispute where the status is always lagging one step behind actual events. For example, the current status is "awaiting seller response", but the seller has already responded. I have emailed PayPal about this, but have yet to receive a reply. This is my first attempt at a PayPal dispute.
    I tried to keep my dispute opening as short, simple and factual as I could. Then Andrew comes in with his long winded terms and conditions rant. It's twisted, but looks real slick on the surface. Someone giving it a quick uncaring read might find it convincing. It would be nice to get another shot at it.

There should be an "add more information" link. If not, I wouldn't wait for email, but call or chat with paypal immediately because once they make a decision, you're screwed, and that can happen at any time now.

There's a call link at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

#471 5 years ago

That calendar is comedy gold, if you haven't seen it: https://www.pinballbuzz.com/shop/royal-pinball-calendar/pinball-adventures-calendar-2019/

"A perfectly tastefully calendar to hang up in any office or man cave"

Best. Editor. Ever.

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

That calendar is comedy gold, if you haven't seen it: https://www.pinballbuzz.com/shop/royal-pinball-calendar/pinball-adventures-calendar-2019/
    Best. Editor. Ever.

"Available on backorder"

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Just call them. Every dispute I ever had was solved over the phone....

Okay, I think the phone call got me somewhere. Thanks for the tip! I had assumed that Andrew escalated the dispute to a claim and then submitted the reply. But apparently it was the other way around. He replied to the dispute first and then escalated the dispute to a claim. That puts the ball back in his court. He now has ten days to follow up and support his side of the claim. Or at least that was my take from the phone conversation.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Best. Editor. Ever.

Did he hire the same crack addicts GRC hires to leave snail trails on their machines? Sure looks like it.

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Did he hire the same crack addicts GRC hires to leave snail trails on their machines? Sure looks like it.

I don't think its fair to disparage the models someone hired just because everyone is piling on the publisher. There are plenty of things wrong with that calendar but they were hired for a job, told how to dress and how to pose and HOPEFULLY were compensated even though the website said something about a portion of proceeds going towards them.

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Best. Editor. Ever.

What the hell?!? Worst. Calendar. Ever! Great gag gift maybe but not for $30

#477 5 years ago

I also hope someone edited this calendar before going to print as January first is on a Monday this year. Proofreading is hard.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #478 5 years ago

I'm assuming "Sasha MacBain, Exclusive photographer of award winning pinball tradeshows and of our own Pinball Adventures Series" is this dudes mom, wife, daughter or sister.

#479 5 years ago

At the 19:00 Min mark Todd considers making his own calendar where he poses on the machine. Lmao. I would buy that.

#480 5 years ago

I don't think its fair to disparage the models someone hired just because everyone is piling on the publisher. There are plenty of things wrong with that calendar but they were hired for a job, told how to dress and how to pose and HOPEFULLY were compensated even though the website said something about a portion of proceeds going towards them.

I'm not disparaging models. GRC is known to hire hooker for their stupid pinball ads. The choice of the publisher to make them look trashy is a reflection on the publisher, not the models.

#481 5 years ago

Todd is the man

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm not disparaging models. GRC is known to hire hooker for their stupid pinball ads. The choice of the publisher to make them look trashy is a reflection on the publisher, not the models.

Yes they do.

#483 5 years ago

I also hope someone edited this calendar before going to print as January first is on a Monday this year. Proofreading is hard.
    [quoted image]

They probably took a 2018 calendar and did a find and replace 2018 for 2019. (Edit: yeah, you can tell because the previous month is Dec 17 and next month is Feb 18)

What a great calendar though. It'll be off by one day for the whole year. He should have marketed as a way to troll your friends, that would actually sell!

#484 5 years ago

Lets hope April is a good picture, could be in there twice.

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'm assuming "Sasha MacBain, Exclusive photographer of award winning pinball tradeshows and of our own Pinball Adventures Series" is this dudes mom, wife, daughter or sister.

Sasha can be a male name, too.

#486 5 years ago

#488 5 years ago

[removed]

MORRRRRRRRRRR. Ski-ball hasn't been the same since!!

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

MORRRRRRRRRRR. Ski-ball hasn't been the same since!!

The lighting and composition of these pictures are so bad. How can she call herself a photographer?

#490 5 years ago

I liked it, it is what it is.

#491 5 years ago

If anyone is done with their book and is interested I have a couple creme de la creme 3D posters to trade. Not mint and folded and you'll need to find some glasses, but they are really cool.

Or if someone is just going to throw out keep me in mind I would enjoy it.

#492 5 years ago

Any chances of buying one signed by Todd?

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from Javaman:

Any chances of buying one signed by Todd?

tamoore has offered to sign his and sell it to me (after he receives and reads it). So, sale pending......

#494 5 years ago

I really want to hear his stories and have his knowledge written down, but I’m not giving money to this book writer. Man if Todd could have his own book, or documentary made (who did the spooky doc?) I would gladly give money to that effort.

#495 5 years ago

PinballBuzz email:

Quoted from ElkhartPinball:

As you know, we had planned to release the book by September 1, but due to unforeseen circumstances with the company who prints our books, we've had some delays

They ran out of tissue paper?

#496 5 years ago

Same PinballBuzz email:

Quoted from ElkhartPinball:

Once we receive the physical books in-hand, we'll notify everyone who has ordered a book as they are sent out. You can always inquire about your order using the online contact form on the website at: https://www.pinballbuzz.com/contact/

Copyright © 2018 Pinball Adventures, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Hahaha. The dude actually copyrighted his email. Seriously?

#497 5 years ago

I actually used my copy as a gutter scoop--works beautifully.

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

That goggle maps search will show you, yes, one of my three homes all paid for all 5000 square feet of it.

That's not how Google Maps works.

#499 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

That's not how Google Maps works.

Maybe try "Goggle maps"

#500 5 years ago

So in summary, TNT was approached by some speculative investor to write down TNT's stories in print, publish them, and offer some exposure as well for TNT, and save the pinball community from boredom (aka. 'doing the pinball community a favor'). TNT bought into it, didn't abide by the terms, and the speculator didn't deliver on glossy paper, and made MAJOR errors in quality, in proofing/copy editing (if it was even read), and then printed. The printing was late, and wasn't received well by the buyers. Some bought in at one copy, edition 1. Others bought into the entire promised 10 issue 'book'. Each book was to be written by TNT, TT in particular, and some was removed, edited without permission, and not quality edited by the publisher. All the while the buyer was dumb enough to buy into it as an 'investment' because they love pinball, and the community. Oh, and its mostly because of TNT's quality sales and distribution as well as a desire to profit from its 40+ years of game sales and service history that this all was possible.?!? At what point does the TNT fan club stop flagging some douche that leveraged the TNT momentum, and call it the way it needs to be called?

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/10?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.