Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C18C990-D2AF-48C0-B5B6-0A691DCD6CEC (resized).jpeg
    E774538D-69BA-440A-BC2A-3777319149A7 (resized).jpeg
    BE970EE4-5AD1-44A4-97A8-50B1AEC0122F (resized).jpeg
    DA28598C-BAF5-4DBF-84C9-988A1BD7D7CC (resized).jpeg
    20190218_090605 (resized).jpg
    ss_5d0f152e39a71758569eca2d816bd06175d89e89 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0413 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C36F0504-1E11-4939-9395-AF203D733F0F (resized).png
    Ace (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-08-54-26 (resized).png
    Vol2 (resized).JPG
    Hang Out Todd Tuckey (resized).jpg
    tnt (resized).jpg
    514495B8-0957-47F5-B65A-9972EF23CBB6 (resized).jpeg
    PPS-MADDOGL.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #51 Review of the book Posted by Matesamo (5 years ago)

Post #504 Another book from Todd will be coming next year. Posted by toddtuckey (5 years ago)

Post #537 Podcast with Todd. Posted by stpcore (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
    #1 5 years ago

I just came across this video on YouTube. Way to go Todd!

Looking forward to getting all 10 Volumes.

#2 5 years ago

Nice work toddtuckey !

Big Todd fan and looking forward to meeting him and Frank at Pintastic. Also heading out to Vegas over the summer and will be making a trip to the pinball hall of fame as well, looks like a good time. A summer of pinball — living IS good lol

#3 5 years ago

Shut-up and take my money !

#4 5 years ago

Such a funny guy in person. I'll be purchasing.

#5 5 years ago

Looking forward to these.

Not sure Todd got enough promo shots though.

#6 5 years ago

No doubt I'll get the set. I love stuff like this and Todd was awesome to meet and talk with at Pintastic 2017. Looking forward to this year.
    -Mike

20170708_140311 (resized).jpg20170708_140311 (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

Todd is a great guy...Many Congrats!!!

#8 5 years ago

Todd is a cool guy, super nice and knowledgeable. I remember years ago he was trying to pitch a reality show about his company’s endeavors to different networks ...too bad it never happened it would have been awesome. Glad he got a book deal...wish him all the best.

#9 5 years ago

I've only spoken to Todd on the phone previously regarding a prior purchase and he couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Best of luck Todd with your upcoming books!

#10 5 years ago

NICE! Todd is such a great asset to this hobby and his personality is infectious. Happy for him. I'd be in for a copy of each and would love to get one signed.

#11 5 years ago

I will certainly buy them all!

#12 5 years ago

Todd is great for the hobby and amazingly one of the only "retail" guys that is respected by hobbyists. He must be doing something right to be in business for almost 40 years. This couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats, Todd! You deserve this for all your hard work promoting pinball over the years.

#13 5 years ago

I'm probably going to buy these, and I'm probably going to read them in Todd Tuckey's voice, and I'm going to love it.

#14 5 years ago

For those of us that can't watch the videos while at work, what will the book set be focused on / structured around?

#15 5 years ago

Congratulations, Todd! Can't wait to read them all.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

For those of us that can't watch the videos while at work, what will the book set be focused on / structured around?

Sounds like it will have all of the knowledge and anecdotes he dispenses in his Youtube videos. It'll be quite a hoot.

#17 5 years ago

This is rad I love Todd’s video, and of course his cheerful personality. Definitely will be getting a few of these!

#18 5 years ago

Books a Go Go

Going to get them all!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm probably going to buy these, and I'm probably going to read them in Todd Tuckey's voice, and I'm going to love it.

Don't forget the monical , suit , and Opera length cigarette holder.

#20 5 years ago

Can we have a book party where we throw them off the roof of a building?

#22 5 years ago

I'm glad Todd is being archived in print. He offers a lot of good tips that he would not have to share, because he loves the hobby. All YouTube has to do is get a bug up their butt, and those videos could vanish. I've used his videos for reference of gameplay numerous time, and always seem to learn something new. It is refreshing to see people who love their job, and are not necessarily out there trying to extract every last dime they can get out of someone.

#23 5 years ago

This is great that's he's getting such a big book deal. Todd's anecdotes on his Youtube show are a treasure.

#24 5 years ago

Www.pinballbuzz.com to preorder Todds' first book. He just released another video aboot it.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

All YouTube has to do is get a bug up their butt, and those videos could vanish.

I always download any video I like from Youtube :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

#26 5 years ago

I wonder if they will release digital copies?

#27 5 years ago

Hi! We are now planning on digital book format, and also a possible audio book. We were also asked about a ten book package too. We expect Volume One to be ready for shipping mid August...we have a deadline for Volume 2 for the Pinball Expo in Chicago where I will be giving a seminar also. Here is the official press release sent to local media! Thanks for all the interest folks! We think each volume will also evolve as we add other things to the format.

RELEASE OF PINBALL ADVENTURES: VO L I, FIRST BOOK BY TODD TUCKEY, OWNER OF TNT AMUSEMENTS

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (June 18th, 2018) – Todd Tuckey, owner of TNT Amusements Inc. , has
    signed a deal to write a ten volume set of books, detailing the experiences he has had over the years in
    finding, restoring and selling pinball machines. Each book will feature 30 different machines while also
    containing pictures and details about each individual pinball.

Seeing a demand in the thousands of emails and calls he receives monthly, Todd has decided to share his
    vast, 40-year knowledge of the pinball industry with the world, not only in his 23,000+ subscribers on his
    YouTube channel , but with pinball lovers all over the world! In book form, he can showcase both popular
    and more obscure pinball machines that many will remember fondly. Keep in mind that Todd pioneered
    home sales of these arcade machines in the United States as a full-time business with TNT Amusements
    Inc. back in the early 80’s when other companies only sold games during the holiday season. To promote
    his business, he produced the first half hour infomercial in the world on this unique industry in 1993
    which aired on local channels until 2013.

Pre-order for the first volume of “Pinball Adventures” can be found here:
    www.pinballbuzz.com/shop/regular-pinball-adventures/pinball-adventures-vol-1

Each volume will focus on specific genres of pinball machines — ranging from The Movies, Science
    Fiction, Horror, etc., and will detail select machines and how they play. The first volume will be a mix of
    everything! Most importantly, he will share secrets he has learned over the years about each model to
    help collectors fix their own machines.

These stories will take inspiration from the TNT Amusements YouTube channel that contains over 1,400+
    videos that feature the restoration process and all about the different arcade machines he sells. However,
    he covers other topics not arcade related, including trips to historic places and unusual places and also
    antique Americana, like specialty player pianos from the teens and costly 30’s radios. With over 23,000+
    subscribers, his popular videos have been viewed for over 40,000 million minutes.

Other topics covered will be zany experiences with his customers, discussing his advertising strategies
    with his now infamous late night infomercials, hosting over 26,000+ unique arcade parties in his
    showrooms, buying and selling 30,000+ machines all over the world, and discussion about different
    machines & how they are reconditioned.

To keep up with Todd Tuckey and his latest projects, follow him on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and YouTube.

# # #
    Todd N. Tuckey
    Phone: (215)-953-1188 Ext 0
    Email: [email protected]

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Hi! We are now planning on digital book format, and also a possible audio book.

Fantastic news!!!! I don't really buy print books anymore but digital or audio is great!

#29 5 years ago

Personally, still in the old school club of "won't pay for something non tangible"...ordered my "SUPER LIMITED" today....thanks Todd

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Personally, still in the old school club of "won't pay for something non tangible"...ordered my "SUPER LIMITED" today....thanks Todd

+1

#31 5 years ago

I like it when good things happen to good people. Congratulations Todd!

#32 5 years ago

I ordered the "silverball" copy of vol 1, only 85 copies left! It will be worth BILLIONS cause Todd is the man!

214785e577a06cf4c2f017a237c7d2612d4e8a0d.jpg214785e577a06cf4c2f017a237c7d2612d4e8a0d.jpg

3 months later
    #33 5 years ago

The book has started to show up to those who had pre-ordered it. Available on the www.pinballbuzz.com store and Amazon.

pinballadventures (resized).jpgpinballadventures (resized).jpg
    #34 5 years ago

Got mine today, copy #19 with the signed personalized greeting.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The book has started to show up to those who had pre-ordered it. Available on the www.pinballbuzz.com store and Amazon. [quoted image]

Amazon is "prime" eligible, but states 1-2 months on shipping (?) Has anyone received one through Amazon yet?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from MichiganDad:

Amazon is "prime" eligible, but states 1-2 months on shipping (?) Has anyone received one through Amazon yet?

Sounds like they haven't received the books yet but are guaranteed to have them delivered within 60 days. Wouldn't surprise me if they shipped out from Amazon earlier as soon as they arrive.

#37 5 years ago

Can you still order a copy and have it signed? If so, where should one order from (www.pinballbuzz.com)?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

Got mine today, copy #19 with the signed personalized greeting.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was that the limited edition one that cost 10 more?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Can you still order a copy and have it signed? If so, where should one order from (www.pinballbuzz.com)?

Thought I remembered the limited one advertising like a frameable glossy photo as the signed piece. But the link on the website doesnt work any longer.

So maybe not?

#40 5 years ago

Ordered my set! FUN!

#41 5 years ago

but what is the content like?

#42 5 years ago

And to think...they delivered on this book about 4 years faster than the Stern coffee table book!

#43 5 years ago

Looks awesome!

#44 5 years ago

Hey everyone...I just got MY book today and saw it for first time myself! 27 pinball machine featured...235 pages..order from www.pinballbuzz.com I will also have them at Pinball Expo next week...will be signing them! Also have my Friday Seminar at 4pm on marketing your pinball and video games! Getting to Expo Wednesday afternoon and leaving Sunday early afternoon! Will have 100 books at this show!

DSC01618 (resized).JPGDSC01618 (resized).JPG
    #45 5 years ago

Hey, Todd. Great book. Are you authoring all 10 volumes? That was my understanding from the original announcement. But the wording on the back of the book seems to indicate a different expert for each volume.

1 week later
    #46 5 years ago

Sold out day one !!

#47 5 years ago

What's with the thin paper stock and low resolution? Looks like someone printed clip art on my inkjet set at draft...

Sorry guys, but the quality for the cost and wait fell VERY short for me on this one.....

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Sorry guys, but the quality for the cost and wait fell VERY short for me on this one

good to know, thanks for the heads-up

#49 5 years ago

And the Dr dude section is a duplicate of the Blackwater section word for word.

#50 5 years ago

The stories are awesome however!

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.