IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0371.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

Gottlieb started at 1000 in that era.

1 month later
#48 8 years ago

That solder looks suspicious, I've had that spot not making good contact (rivet spins, etc.) I would check that solder joint fully, that may be your problem.

5 months later
#52 8 years ago

Those mini-stepper units are very finicky. I have had the same experience. After cleaning/reassembly they don't always make good contact. To make matters worse, the notch in the center axle seems to develop some play with the wiper on that very small surface. This causes too much play in the wiper contact and sometimes bridges two sections, etc. I have even tried to correct that by adding a thin metal shim there, but not always successfully. Have also had the same experience with the common on those score reels looking ok, but being loose and needing to be re-soldered.

"Player One would Match, but not all of the time. 00, 10 and 20 didn't seem to Match, but everything else did. Dirt confirmed my hunch that the issue was likely the wipers/disc in the mini-stepper (I believe it's the FS Relay) in the head not making good contact. So I again (did this last summer when I first got the machine, but did it again tonight) disassembled it, cleaned it, polished the disc surface with Mother's Metal Polish, wiped it clean, and re-assembled. That seemed to do the trick, although every now and then (but a very small percentage of the time) it still doesn't match. I am guessing that FS Relay is just worn out, but most of the time it does Match.
So I feel like I got the remaining two issues with that game solved tonight (one of them 100% and one of them maybe 90% solved). Thanks, Dirt!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todays-purchase-1975-quick-draw-restore-questions-to-follow?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.