Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 80spit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Did anyone else here get in on today's auction? Lots of projects in this group but it looked like there were some decent deals, especially on woodrail EMs.
http://www.morphyauctions.com/auctions/view/08232014-08242014-CoinOpAdvertising

#2 9 years ago

I ended up being the highest bidder on a Zaccaria Farfalla. That's a title I've been interested in for a while. The listing said it was missing some boards which is probably close to the kiss of death for a Zaccaria that is already hard to find parts for but it's just so dang pretty, I couldn't help myself.

#3 9 years ago

I was there, I bid against you on the Farfalla, Sorry to say it is missing 3 boards mainly the MPU was gone, nice pin though, I did win both the other Zaccaria's Devil Riders and Earth Wind Fire. I also got a real nice wood rail 1949 United Aquacade not bad shape for $175.00, Picked up a Gottlieb God of War and a Sinbad
on the cheap too. 5 pins and I have no idea where I am going to put them
If you were into restoring woodrails there were some bargains, but some were really rough

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

I was there, I bid against you on the Farfalla, Sorry to say it is missing 3 boards mainly the MPU was gone, nice pin though, I did win both the other Zaccaria's Devil Riders and Earth Wind Fire. I also got a real nice wood rail 1949 United Aquacade not bad shape for $175.00, Picked up a Gottlieb God of War and a Sinbad
on the cheap too. 5 pins and I have no idea where I am going to put them
If you were into restoring woodrails there were some bargains, but some were really rough

Nice scores! You won pretty much every pin I was thinking of bidding on. I also toyed with bidding on the gottlieb lights camera action but was still too excited after winning on farfalla. It looks like there may be some Aussies who make a repro mpu for zaccaria generation 2 games. Any clue what other boards the farfalla was missing?

Surprised no one else around here has spoken up about being at the auction yet. Although, I wouldn't have known about it had I not signed up for Morphy's emails.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Any clue what other boards the farfalla was missing?

Farfalla was missing the MPU, and the Power Supply and the Soundboard, I figured it would run around $700.00 for
the parts, that's if you can find them. I only live 1/2hr from the auction sight, so it worked out great for me, I am picking my pins up Monday. If you have any buyer's remorse on this, drop me a pm.

#6 9 years ago

Anyone have price list or list of machines sold? How did machines sell - crazy prices like last time?

Thanks!

#7 9 years ago

I wasn't able to write the prices down as they were going along but I paid $375 plus 20% for Farfalla with the missing boards mentioned. I may've overpaid a bit. The newer games seemed to be selling for about average to slightly above average compared to boston pinball averages, even factoring in buyers premium. They sold a lot of woodrails for around $75-$300 before buyers premium. Overall I think the prices were relatively low for an auction

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for posting. Fun to look at all that stuff. I bought all them razors! j/k

I'm surprised by how much some of that stuff goes for. Esp. the Coke memorabilia. Or maybe it didn't?

Obviously this wasn't a west coast auction - otherwise all those pins would be listed at twice as much.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Thanks for posting. Fun to look at all that stuff. I bought all them razors! j/k
I'm surprised by how much some of that stuff goes for. Esp. the Coke memorabilia. Or maybe it didn't?
Obviously this wasn't a west coast auction - otherwise all those pins would be listed at twice as much.

Holy crap! Some of the soda dispensers were going for 3-5 thousand. At least my pins do something. Well, most of the time.

#10 9 years ago

Wow, wish I'd known, love to add a Farfalla and might have been able to bid, getting it here though...

blerg. Congrats on your pickups guys.

#11 9 years ago

I bought 5 pins,
Zac EWF $475.00
Zac Devil Riders $850.00
Gottlieb Sinbad $250.00
Gottlieb Mars God of War $350 Nice surprise has Ni Wumph in it
1949 United Aquacade woodrail $175.00
18% buyers premium (sucky part)

Still happy with my purchases, I got 5 pins for $2500.00 can't beat that
Got my trailer on tonight, gonna pickem up tomorrow

if there is any particular machine you want a price on, just ask, I wrote most all of them down,
I don't want to type them all here!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

I bought 5 pins,
Zac EWF $475.00
Zac Devil Riders $850.00
Gottlieb Sinbad $250.00
Gottlieb Mars God of War $350 Nice surprise has Ni Wumph in it
1949 United Aquacade woodrail $175.00
18% buyers premium (sucky part)
Still happy with my purchases, I got 5 pins for $2500.00 can't beat that
Got my trailer on tonight, gonna pickem up tomorrow
if there is any particular machine you want a price on, just ask, I wrote most all of them down,
I don't want to type them all here!

You made out well! Did you see any other pinheads there?

#13 9 years ago

Actually I thought the attendance was pretty light, a lot of online bidding and phone bidding now days.
but it's still great to be right there. I did talk to a few guys. all seemed nice. one fellow was a bit miffed that
I beat him out on the Devil Riders, but hey it's an auction. we talked afterwords and made nice
I had a hard time passing up some other deals, but I am out of room!
I had no intention of buying the The Mars God of war but it was so low, I had to bid, and this Pin is in super
shape, perfect glass nice playfield and a Ni-Wumph already in it and manuals to boot.
Think I'll play it a while and see how it plays

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eugene, OR
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todays-8-24-morphy-auction-national-pinball-museum-collection-part-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.