(Topic ID: 23156)

To wax or not to wax, that is the question.

By Matt_Rasmussen

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinballfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should you wax your playfield after a good cleaning/polishing?”

• Yes! I always do! 78 votes
      87%
    • No! I would never wax it! 12 votes
      13%

(90 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25451264.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Never have. I think I might try it out when I get enough time though...even though I had to vote I "never would." Limiting poll.

#12 11 years ago

It's kind of explained in my post. I have not waxed before, but I might try it later, therefore I am in the middle.
    "undecided" "don't care" "don't know" "I just like voting in polls..."

You know how it goes.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Why would you not wax your pins?
    Remind me not to buy a pin from you.

I *have* not waxed them because I've never seen a need to....and the pinball circles i hung out in before this never did it. I had never heard of it till I started snooping around these boards a year ago.
    Waxing makes sense in theory. In my everyday life my PFs aren't getting any worse, so I never saw a need in it.
    All this talk is intriquing to me in this area though. Perhaps I will give it some carnuba-ing and take a look.

No worries on the sale, I've never bought a game from someone that waxed the playfield. And I would not sell you a game cause you're an asshole.

Just kidding

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-wax-or-not-to-wax-that-is-the-question-2?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.